Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
norcalautosports

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2lt
After market taillight problem: blinker

I purchased and installed the GM dark finish tailights in my 2016 camaro 2lt about 4 months ago. I also installed the resistor pack aswell when doing so. All has been fine up until early this week my passenger side blinker will blink 3-4 times normal, then blink very fast. Anyone have any insight on this?
norcalautosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Bad resistor?
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
norcalautosports

Possibly but idk why it would effect one side but not the other?
Old 09-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Check the front bulb. The rapid flash usually means a burned out bulb somewhere on the circuit.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #5
norcalautosports

All my bulbs are okay, my lights are flashing but the passenger side just blinks fast.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
As stated by groundhog ,get out and check the bulbs ,turn on left then right ,compare
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
Was your car a RS already?
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalautosports View Post
I purchased and installed the GM dark finish tailights in my 2016 camaro 2lt about 4 months ago. I also installed the resistor pack aswell when doing so. All has been fine up until early this week my passenger side blinker will blink 3-4 times normal, then blink very fast. Anyone have any insight on this?
Any chance the resistors were put on with inline tap connectors? Sounds like one has a barely there / bad connection. First few blinks work fine until the wire heats up a bit and loses continuity, then it does the rapid flash until it cools off.

Remove and reconnect your rear resistors on the passenger side
Old 09-08-2018, 04:07 AM   #9
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
Any chance the resistors were put on with inline tap connectors? Sounds like one has a barely there / bad connection. First few blinks work fine until the wire heats up a bit and loses continuity, then it does the rapid flash until it cools off.

Remove and reconnect your rear resistors on the passenger side
Not the case, the cars system will send power to the blinker ones you activate the turn signal then once the system realizes that there is a different voltage coming back from the light itself, it’ll hyper flash to indicate that there is something wrong and it isn’t getting the same voltage coming back from the light.

I recommend replacing the resister you have in place for that Taillights. I have a base Camaro with the black Taillights and resisters installed also. Since installing a couple months back I’ve had to replace 2 resisters now.
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:02 AM   #10
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
Yeah if all bulbs are good, sounds like resistor went out.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #11
norcalautosports

No my car wasn’t originally a rs.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #12
norcalautosports

Thank you guys for the feed back I really appreciate it. But if the resistor was bad wouldn’t it effect both sides? Not just one?
Old 09-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalautosports View Post
Thank you guys for the feed back I really appreciate it. But if the resistor was bad wouldn’t it effect both sides? Not just one?

Nope. The turn signals on this car are all individual within the BCM (i.e. they don’t share the same circuit). It’s possible for the rear left to hyperflash and not the rear right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #14
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Yeah actually having same issue myself i installed new tail lights a few days ago where fine but then started to rapid blink, first 3-4 where normal then would go rapid fire, i checked front passenger blinker was normal but back was rapid flickering, for me just before it started it rained really bad the night before and i went to open my trunk and a small bit of water might've gotten into that area so im thinking maybe that was cause or just poor connection as when i first noticed the problem i put some pressure on my connector incase it was lose and it went back to normal for a hour or so then the problem came back, additionally when i was having the lights swapped out one of the red lock tabs broke off not allowing for a tight connection so that could be my issue personally still trying to find out where to buy a new one if anyone has any idea's let me know thanks.

Edit: Also my lights are sequential but when i tested my hazard lights both sides worked normally fine like they should, but when i used right blinker that one wasn't operating how it should.

@OP if you find a fix for your problem please let me know, and if i find the reason for mine if its not red-lock tab ill post here as well

DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote