Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #1737
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Nope, I sincerely hoped the refresh would look better simply because it would give me hope for the future of Camaro design. This thing looks like turd soup and that makes me skeptical about what they might do with the 7th Gen if the design of this monstrosity is any indicator.
Yes,
These are almost the identical comments to the 2014 5th gen refresh , Which was a big success in sales for General Motors. Which was the opposite of what everybody predicted in those threads it was a very interesting read feel free to go back and look through them. We can agree to disagree and the beauty of having our written words is we can look back and see who was right and who was wrong.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #1738
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I don't think the refresh is an improvement, and don't care about my resale value or if it's popular with the public, bought the car I wanted and plan on keeping it.
I just feel sorry for the people who are going to be looking for a Camaro next year.
The back of it is Ok, not great just Ok, but they just screwed the pooch on the front end.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #1739
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Yes,
These are almost the identical comments to the 2014 5th gen refresh , Which was a big success in sales for General Motors. Which was the opposite of what everybody predicted in those threads it was a very interesting read feel free to go back and look through them. We can agree to disagree and the beauty of having our written words is we can look back and see who was right and who was wrong.
And I loved the '14 refresh.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #1740
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that most of the negativity and haters are people who purchased 16 and 17 models? It’s just people justifying their purchase as nobody wants to buy an expensive item and then admit that a nicer item just came out. It never happens.
No, it's just really that bad. I was specifically waiting for the refresh to order. After I saw the reveal, I ordered a 2018 within two weeks.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #1741
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that most of the negativity and haters are people who purchased 16 and 17 models? It’s just people justifying their purchase as nobody wants to buy an expensive item and then admit that a nicer item just came out.
x1000. A lot more folks than just Camaro owners all share that the redesign looks like ass. GM just Azteked the Camaro is what they did. Sure there will be people buying. Even the Aztek managed to get a few folks to buy them.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #1742
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I dont understand all the "he/she is a hater" comments . I own a 2016 now, but I see the 2019 refresh and I think its pretty. No matter what your opinion is, someone else is guaranteed to have a different one.

What happened to live and let live?
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #1743
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
x1000. A lot more folks than just Camaro owners all share that the redesign looks like ass. GM just Azteked the Camaro is what they did. Sure there will be people buying. Even the Aztek managed to get a few folks to buy them.
No, they didn't.... Folks are overreacting, and no one but a few have seen it in person.

Doesn't make any sense to make such general doomstay-eque statements...
Old 05-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #1744
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Looking at the graph, I saw the huge jump in sales for the red line which corresponded with the release of the Hellcat, just thought that drove up attention and sales for the Dodge. I was looking at the graph and going off what I see on the road.

Kind of surprising to see the Camaro and Mustang neck and neck for the most part and Dodge so low.
It's like Bizzaro world, around here you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Challenger, I must see five a day and I walk a quarter mile to work. Mustangs are like a Camry or Prius, so many you don't even notice them anymore, just another commuter car.
Camaros are fairly rare with the fifth gen way more common than the sixth gen, might see a couple a week in the nice weather. If you see a couple together, chances are there a car show/meet nearby.
Must be an area thing, around me 6th Camaros are everywhere, as are Challengers and S550 Mustang's are few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No, they didn't.... Folks are overreacting, and no one but a few have seen it in person.

True I do need to see it in person, but so far my opinion remains the same. I am not impressed by what I have seen so far from the refresh. I think they butchered it
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #1745
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Sorry, but that's my opinion. No overreaction here. I flat out dont like it. Im not going to pretend to just because it wears a Camaro badge. I dont need to see it in person. It was along time before I seen the the first Gen6 in the flesh and loved it from day one. The Gen5 was the same way. Hell, I believe the first one I saw in the flesh was a V6 in the showroom the day I ordered my SS. At least the ZL1 still looks awesome.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #1746
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
The 5th gen refresh (in MY 2014) had a poll on Camaro5.com. It was 50/50 with 164 folks liking it, and 163 folks disliking it. Here's the link:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286190

The 6th gen refresh has a poll too. 34 folks said they love it, and 326 folks hated it, and 241 folks are reserving judgement until they see it in person. Here is the link:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525604

I know that these two polls are a bit of apples and oranges at this point, but those that are claiming that the same amount of disappointment was felt during the last refresh as this one need to refresh their memories. It's not even close. Half the folks voted in a positive manner to the 2014 refresh, but only 5.66% of the folks voted in a positive manner to the 2019 refresh. That's a drubbing.

So, you have a car that is handicapped from a whole bunch of buyers because of the poor visibility, and now the car is ugly (in most folks eyes) too.

Keep in mind the saying...

Beauty is only skin deep. But ugly cuts right to the bone!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #1747
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The 5th gen refresh (in MY 2014) had a poll on Camaro5.com. It was 50/50 with 164 folks liking it, and 163 folks disliking it. Here's the link:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286190

The 6th gen refresh has a poll too. 34 folks said they love it, and 326 folks hated it, and 241 folks are reserving judgement until they see it in person. Here is the link:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525604

I know that these two polls are a bit of apples and oranges at this point, but those that are claiming that the same amount of disappointment was felt during the last refresh as this one need to refresh their memories. It's not even close. Half the folks voted in a positive manner to the 2014 refresh, but only 5.66% of the folks voted in a positive manner to the 2019 refresh. That's a drubbing.

So, you have a car that is handicapped from a whole bunch of buyers because of the poor visibility, and now the car is ugly (in most folks eyes) too.

Keep in mind the saying...

Beauty is only skin deep. But ugly cuts right to the bone!
Thank you for looking it up because that is what I remember. Even a year into the gen6 there were endless posts in the monthly sales figure threads about how ugly the 16-18 style is.

The intensity of hate and demands to start a change-dot-org petition is the part that is mind blowing. The die is cast and I'd bet the majority of haters aren't buyers anyway.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #1748
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Yes,
Although I didn't own a 5th Gen, when the refresh hit that model it wasn't bad. The tail lights I didn't care a lot for, but otherwise it was a very minor refresh. The 6th Gen refresh is a MAJOR hit on styling, and it's understandable that those of us who wanted to see improvement are quite disappointed to see the direction Chevy seems to be taking the Camaro in.

2019 refresh =
Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #1749
Boost Creep

Dodge did a similar refresh to the Super Bee from 1969 to 1970.

1969:

1970:

One's a classic.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #1750
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Dodge did a similar refresh to the Super Bee from 1969 to 1970.

1969:

1970:

One's a classic.
We dont need reminded. Lol
That was a shame too.

Look at which one of those is worth more right now.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!