Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #197
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Funny you still don't know the difference between slicks and drag radials. Not totally surprising.

Slicks are easy on the drive-train, drag radials are extremely hard.

With that said, I'm surprised Ford didn't learn their lesson on the previous GEN. Breaking stock axles with stock power on drag radials is totally unacceptable.

As for your ZL1...you still live in a glass house with your 1/4 mile times.

And your totally right, those previous 1/4 runs were total CG. Total fake news.

I don't think anyone actually paid attention to this video....https://youtu.be/tlifLimQEPI (15 minute mark)

They didn't gain much (less than .1) at all on the auto when the threw on drag radials...as their 60' was already great on the stock tires.

And for those that don't understand, DA in south Florida with near 100% humidity and 70+ degree weather is vastly different than along the northeast at this time of year. Of course Lethals car is going to run slower. But I forgot, because Leathal too is a mustang shop, their 1/4 mile times are fake.
And funny how you don't know how to actually read and break down a time slip...funnier that you think a max effort pass with a modded car on street tires in ideal DA makes that car faster than a car doing a no effort pass on street tires in horrible DA. But like I said, you're just a troll in denial who obviously can't read a time slip. But now all of a sudden you know all about DA...which means you're a troll.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #198
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Honestly, I haven't seen anything that points definitely to either one being faster. There simply isn't enough data yet.
You guys make me laugh. 4 days ago the 18 GT with a tune and tires is faster than a ZL1. Then a broken halfshaft appears on the stock drivetrain with DRs on a car that managed only a 12.2. A8 Camaro runs a 12.1 with an amateur behind the wheel on stock run-flats and "there is not enough data to say which is faster".
Old 12-09-2017, 01:08 PM   #199
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Honestly, I haven't seen anything that points definitely to either one being faster. There simply isn't enough data yet.
The mustang has a mph advantage. The SS 60 fts harder. The 1/4 will be a toss up. But considering both dead hook I’d give the SS the edge in the 1/4 at this point

A mag test against a pp depending on conditions will be interesting. With better tire and less torque they could possibly run better with it. If the SS can’t put the power down to the run flats in the first 60 it won’t catch the mustang
Old 12-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #200
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I like how before the tires made a huge difference on these cars and the SS had the advantage because of the tires. Now all of a sudden DRs don't add much.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #201
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And funny how you don't know how to actually read and break down a time slip...funnier that you think a max effort pass with a modded car on street tires in ideal DA makes that car faster than a car doing a no effort pass on street tires in horrible DA. But like I said, you're just a troll in denial who obviously can't read a time slip. But now all of a sudden you know all about DA...which means you're a troll.
Tell me again what the difference is between a drag radial and slick? That's what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
You guys make me laugh. 4 days ago the 18 GT with a tune and tires is faster than a ZL1. Then a broken halfshaft appears on the stock drivetrain with DRs on a car that managed only a 12.2. A8 Camaro runs a 12.1 with an amateur behind the wheel on stock run-flats and "there is not enough data to say which is faster".
4 days ago, a mildly modded GT ran times comparable to the ZL1. Nothing changed in that regard. Unless you too are claiming it didn't actually happen.

And its funny that some of you think the guys running these times for these shops are somehow professionals. The fastest times I have seen for nearly all cars are the guys that frequently track their vehicles...as they know more about them than these shops that make a few runs for a baseline and then start modding them.

Quote:
I like how before the tires made a huge difference on these cars and the SS had the advantage because of the tires. Now all of a sudden DRs don't add much.
And again, you didn't watch the video link. Lund cut the same 60' with the stock tires as he did with drag radials (stock tune). It seems (on the stock 3.15 gears) that the stock auto is setup pretty well for with the oem tires (which with the PP, are now far better than before).
Old 12-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #202
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Tell me again what the difference is between a drag radial and slick? That's what I thought.

4 days ago, a mildly modded GT ran times comparable to the ZL1. Nothing changed in that regard. Unless you too are claiming it didn't actually happen.

And its funny that some of you think the guys running these times for these shops are somehow professionals. The fastest times I have seen for nearly all cars are the guys that frequently track their vehicles...as they know more about them than these shops that make a few runs for a baseline and then start modding them.

And again, you didn't watch the video link. Lund cut the same 60' with the stock tires as he did with drag radials (stock tune). It seems (on the stock 3.15 gears) that the stock auto is setup pretty well for with the oem tires (which with the PP, are now far better than before).
So you think a stock GT can hang with a stock ZL1?
Old 12-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #203
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
So you think a stock GT can hang with a stock ZL1?
Nope, and no-where did I mention that it could. Really, I don't know where you even pull these questions out of.

The real question I have is, do you think a lightly modded (tune and tire) MY18GT can hang with the stock ZL1?

Or how about this one, can you driving your ZL1 hang with a lightly modded (tune and tire) MY18GT?
Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #204
ULTRAZLS1

The fastest stock zl1 on stock tire is in the 10s at 128 mph.

The fastest E85 tune and drag pack GT is 11.3@124.

Comparing average times on stock tires to a track rental with Lund tuning and traction in negative DA

Totally stock on stock tires still .4 and 4 mph faster comparing best to best

E85 and drag pack on zl1 in those conditions mid 10s at over 130. GT Still almost a second behind mod for mod. Zl1 nicer car in every aspect. And faster in road course

No comparison

Any decent car with a tire and traction can hang with a high power car on stock tires not getting any. I almost beat a new zo6 that was on stock tires when my car only had cai and drag pack. Maybe I should post it on their forum? Lol ok
Old 12-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #205
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nope, and no-where did I mention that it could. Really, I don't know where you even pull these questions out of.

The real question I have is, do you think a lightly modded (tune and tire) MY18GT can hang with the stock ZL1?

Or how about this one, can you driving your ZL1 hang with a lightly modded (tune and tire) MY18GT?
A few days ago you said this:
"In the grand scheme of things, so far it looks like a MY18 tune/tire at the very least keeps up with stock ZL1s (using this forums fast list as a guide). This isn't speculation, this is strictly going by the numbers."

And this:
"Lunds lightly modded (tune and wheel/tires) ran the equivalent of third on the ZL1 fast list (11.31@124mph)"

But now you just said this:
"They didn't gain much (less than .1) at all on the auto when the threw on drag radials...as their 60' was already great on the stock tires."

So I'm trying to put together what you're saying here.
Quote:
No, it can't.
Quote:
Not hang with, I'll straight up beat it. You're getting yourself all crossed up man. Maybe because all your friends got kicked off the forum. Or maybe because you're in denial. Or maybe you're realizing that LMR's run WAS a hero run since now you're seeing how some of these cars even with DRs can't duplicate that 12 flat. Pretty suspicious if you ask me.

BTW, if the DRs accounted for 1 tenth, then that puts the 18 GT at the mid 12 second mark bone stock. Which is right where I said it would be. Do you like apples...??
Old 12-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #206
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The fastest stock zl1 on stock tire is in the 10s at 128 mph.

The fastest E85 tune and drag pack GT is 11.3@124.

Comparing average times on stock tires to a track rental with Lund tuning and traction in negative DA

Totally stock on stock tires still .4 and 4 mph faster comparing best to best

E85 and drag pack on zl1 in those conditions mid 10s at over 130. GT Still almost a second behind mod for mod. Zl1 nicer car in every aspect. And faster in road course

No comparison

Any decent car with a tire and traction can hang with a high power car on stock tires not getting any. I almost beat a new zo6 that was on stock tires when my car only had cai and drag pack. Maybe I should post it on their forum? Lol ok
For real, you have to drop the track rental exclusion. It's begging to sound like you are using it as an excuse.

And even with DA correction, the times Lund ran still make it competitive with a stock ZL1.

Listen, I'm not claiming the GT makes more power, nor am I claiming it's faster. It's obvious the ZL1 has far more power and by all means should be faster.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #207
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
A few days ago you said this:
"In the grand scheme of things, so far it looks like a MY18 tune/tire at the very least keeps up with stock ZL1s (using this forums fast list as a guide). This isn't speculation, this is strictly going by the numbers."

And this:
"Lunds lightly modded (tune and wheel/tires) ran the equivalent of third on the ZL1 fast list (11.31@124mph)"

But now you just said this:
"They didn't gain much (less than .1) at all on the auto when the threw on drag radials...as their 60' was already great on the stock tires."

So I'm trying to put together what you're saying here.

No, it can't.

Not hang with, I'll straight up beat it. You're getting yourself all crossed up man. Maybe because all your friends got kicked off the forum. Or maybe because you're in denial. Or maybe you're realizing that LMR's run WAS a hero run since now you're seeing how some of these cars even with DRs can't duplicate that 12 flat. Pretty suspicious if you ask me.

BTW, if the DRs accounted for 1 tenth, then that puts the 18 GT at the mid 12 second mark bone stock. Which is right where I said it would be. Do you like apples...??
1) You are getting confused with Lunds stock runs and e85 runs.

2) You don't seem to understand the difference between a stock run and a tune/tire modded run.

3) No-where did I mention a stock GT can hang with a ZL1. Good luck finding any posts of mine that mention anything of the sort.

4) Lunds tune and tire car would kick you and your ZL1s behind at the track in any weather. It's funny you're still denying it. Even with DA correction his run would still put buss-lengths on you driving your ZL1. If you visited the track as much as you commented to my posts, you may be able to keep up with Lunds car one day.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #208
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrawior View Post
Well that didn't take long to happen...lol!! 18 GT breaks down at the track! Snapped driveshaft!

Brand new and already being pushed!!
So the axles can’t even take a stock AUTO car with DR’s without popping? Ouch....
Old 12-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #209
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
For real, you have to drop the track rental exclusion. It's begging to sound like you are using it as an excuse.

And even with DA correction, the times Lund ran still make it competitive with a stock ZL1.

Listen, I'm not claiming the GT makes more power, nor am I claiming it's faster. It's obvious the ZL1 has far more power and by all means should be faster.
You want to compare average times on stock tires to great conditions on a tire? It’s no excuse. I’m being fair and laying out the conditions in which you are comparing the cars. You are the one being unfair to the zl1

What would you expect a seasoned drag racer to say?

Your comparison is flawed and has too many variables.

At least give the zl1 a tire as it needs one more than a GT. Without that the comparison is retarded. Put them both on the same track and give the GT E85. It won’t be a drivers race.

And besides being a rental. Lund was at the track tuning it. One of the best in the game. That doesn’t add up to anything either right? You think the base tune for the masses will push the car as hard as they did at that rental with no air filter? The average person no. Someone who tweaks and tunes like me. Yes.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #210
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
4) Lunds tune and tire car would kick you and your ZL1s behind at the track in any weather. It's funny you're still denying it. Even with DA correction his run would still put buss-lengths on you driving your ZL1. If you visited the track as much as you commented to my posts, you may be able to keep up with Lunds car one day.
What you mean is that if you compare Lund's run to my run, then his run was faster. So do you think that the 18GT with those mods make it faster than a ZL1 based on his time slip vs mine and considering all the variables?

Closed Thread