#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-25-2023, 08:43 PM   #1
Tal_S

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Automatic SS 1LE HUD shift lights

Hey guys

I've seen some videos online, as well as on the car manual, that the HUD in the performance view should have shift lights visible as well as current gear.

I've tried getting it to work but it doesn't seem like the HUD would show anything other than G-force, speed and RPM when in the performance view, there's no gear indicator and no shift lights.

Is this intended or is there a way to activate them in any way? Couldn't find anything in the menus either.

Thank you!
Tal_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:28 PM   #2
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Are you sure that you are in the performance mode of the HUD display? Sounds like you might be, but odd that you don't see the shift lights.

Are you able to cycle through the different HUD display modes using the dash button to the left of the steering wheel?

If your car is new and you don't have 1500 miles on it yet (the break in period) maybe the shift lights purposely are turned off to discourage runs up to redline. I can't recall if I had shift lights during the break in period. But they certainly worked after 1500 miles.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:16 PM   #3
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I believe you have to be in Track mode for the lights to appear. The dealership still has my car otherwise I’d test for you but try it in track mode on the RPM page like this video shows

Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:40 AM   #4
Tal_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Are you sure that you are in the performance mode of the HUD display? Sounds like you might be, but odd that you don't see the shift lights.

Are you able to cycle through the different HUD display modes using the dash button to the left of the steering wheel?

If your car is new and you don't have 1500 miles on it yet (the break in period) maybe the shift lights purposely are turned off to discourage runs up to redline. I can't recall if I had shift lights during the break in period. But they certainly worked after 1500 miles.

My car has 5K kilometers so over 3K miles, and I'm able to cycle through the modes, the lights don't show up on any, including the performance display thats shown in the video.
I'll remind again that mine's an automatic but it seems like it should be there still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
I believe you have to be in Track mode for the lights to appear. The dealership still has my car otherwise I’d test for you but try it in track mode on the RPM page like this video shows

I'm in track mode, and the shifter is in the manual position, TC/Stability off and full throttle manually upshifting through the gears. The lights never show up

Do you know if it needs to be enabled somehow?
I've watched that video as well but mine doesn't show the gear I'm in, neither does it show the shift lights.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:51 AM   #5
Tal_S

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566101

This guy seems to confirm that the A10 SS 1LE does have it.. Very curious as to why mine doesn't show up
Old 11-26-2023, 08:58 AM   #6
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
You tried cycling through the HUD configurations and you still do not see the shift light, I recommend a trip to your dealer. I've never had an issue with it. One thing to note, if you do not use the paddle shifters or manually shift using gear select it will only display 'D'. If you shift the gears yourself it will show the gear you are in.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:06 AM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Just wondering if this is something that is tied to one of the unselected pages that ou have to go in and select when setting up the car? For example, the Performance Timers have to be selected in the setup to be usable. Maybe this is similar.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:22 AM   #8
Tal_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
You tried cycling through the HUD configurations and you still do not see the shift light, I recommend a trip to your dealer. I've never had an issue with it. One thing to note, if you do not use the paddle shifters or manually shift using gear select it will only display 'D'. If you shift the gears yourself it will show the gear you are in.

I have tried cycling through them.
I think the dealer here would be incompetent as this car has been imported to the US and isnt being sold here locally, directly through Chevrolet.
And yeah, I put the shifter lever in manual and shift with the paddles, and it doesn't show D when Im in drive, nor does it show the gear in manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Just wondering if this is something that is tied to one of the unselected pages that ou have to go in and select when setting up the car? For example, the Performance Timers have to be selected in the setup to be usable. Maybe this is similar.

That's what I was thinking as well, that it may be burrowed in some menu option or something, but I didn't seem to find it anywhere in any of the menus...

Last edited by Tal_S; 11-26-2023 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:53 AM   #9
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
My shift lights show up in Sport and Track, M6.
Same

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 04:25 PM   #10
Rik Chapman

Drives: Camaro 2SS 1LE
Maybe the OP is not turning enough RPM's for the lights to come on.
Rik Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #11
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
This came up in the Zl1 section as well today. You need to be accelerating hard enough. You don't need to go WOT or even above 4500 rpm for it to come up. I have an M6, I am still in break in so I haven't gone WOT or above 4500 rpm, If I have my foot down about half way into the go pedal they will start to come on right around 4k.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #12
Tal_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal_S View Post

I'm in track mode, and the shifter is in the manual position, TC/Stability off and full throttle manually upshifting through the gears. The lights never show up

So like I said, I'm full throttle, track mode, in manual, nearing redline, and it doesn't show up. The problem isn't the throttle position.. They never show up regardless of what mode or how much throttle or RPM I'm at. It doesn't show what gear I'm in, either.

Do we know for sure that the automatic SS 1LE's have them?
Old 11-28-2023, 02:21 PM   #13
gen6_1ss

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin Metallic 1LE
Never seen them on mine. I have an auto.
gen6_1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 06:05 PM   #14
Tal_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6_1ss View Post
Never seen them on mine. I have an auto.
Same, just went on a drive again.

Does anyone know if its possible for the dealership to give the HUD the same software that the A10 ZL1 has?