Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #225
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultain7 View Post
I had been at 4300 for a week. Just now moved back to 4B00
'

Talked to my dealer, got invoice and est time of delivery...11/16 I've been 4300 for about couple weeks now.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #226
smoon

Drives: '14 c7 Stingray
Hi Camaro6 community!

This is my very first post on a forum... well ever, so hopefully I don't look too noob.

But I've been following the order tracking threads pretty closely and carefully and finally decided to chime in with some info. The site's been great in keeping me nice and anxious.

I ordered a Camaro for my girlfriend and got a TPW of 10/19. Been through a lot of the same process that many people have seen so far. So I went from 3800, to 4200, to 4300, and probably 4B00 somewhere in the process. I was concerned when I went back down to 4000 yesterday, which is "available to ship", and thought that I may not have made the first wave of cars being sent to my location... which is Phoenix, AZ by the way.

However, today I checked with Chevy Chat and they said that the car was shipped, at 4200. So it has actually returned to 4200, but the way they spoke was as though it really is out on its way. My dealer then also contacted me, and said that it has officially shipped. He didn't tell me rail information or anything, but I'm pretty sure that's what he saw if he actually contacted me about it. I know when I was at 4300 he let me know its at a holding yard by a company named "Autoport LTD" or something like that.

Considering some cars are already arriving at dealerships, I'm hoping that it really was shipped. Unfortunately he's off till Monday, so I won't get more details until then.

I've ordered a C7 Stingray through a courtesy delivery and I remember that it took about 5-6 days to get here from once it was on its way. Also, I use this thread on the Corvette forum to give me some reference of the rail time as well (which goes all the way through to California). Of course, that link is just a reference so anybody's situation can vary. So here's to hoping that the car is here by the end of the next week!
smoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #227
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
So...who hasn't moved from 3800 since build week 10/19?.. Thinking they found a problem with mine considering most of 10/19's are shipping now and November builds are getting ready to ship...
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #228
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
So...who hasn't moved from 3800 since build week 10/19?.. Thinking they found a problem with mine considering most of 10/19's are shipping now and November builds are getting ready to ship...
November builds are shipping and even getting delivered. A lot of 10/12 orders have shipped and a lot of 10/12''s also remain at 3800.

This entire process is nuts. The way this has all gone down is outright terrible. How people who ordered cars months after us excited early adopters is crazy! As a consumer I am very upset. As a core Camaro fan and one who believes in first come first served... I will most likely never partake in this process again, nor would I recommend this to anyone.

GM has really let me down. No its not the carriers fault... it is GM's fault. They hired them and contracted them. It's in their hands to address and fix.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #229
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
November builds are shipping and even getting delivered. A lot of 10/12 orders have shipped and a lot of 10/12''s also remain at 3800.

This entire process is nuts. The way this has all gone down is outright terrible. How people who ordered cars months after us excited early adopters is crazy! As a consumer I am very upset. As a core Camaro fan and one who believes in first come first served... I will most likely never partake in this process again, nor would I recommend this to anyone.

GM has really let me down. No its not the carriers fault... it is GM's fault. They hired them and contracted them. It's in their hands to address and fix.
I agree 100%. First time ordering a car early like this and will prob be my last considering they're also shipping to dealers for purchase I might as well pick one up at a dealer. Huge let down somethings up and I'm thinking it's still quality related they might have fixed the problem for builds coming after ours and it's taking time to break everything down and fix it for ours, only reasonable thing I can think of where I'd accept the fact.
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #230
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
I had a 10-12-15 TPW.
My car was built on 10-14-15 and received the 3800 code.
As of today 11-14-15 I am still at 3800.
iT'S looking like December for shipping of my vehicle and 4200 status for everyone else in the 10/12 TPW class.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #231
Zultain7

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have throughly enjoyed this process and would probably do it again. I understand the frustrations with all of this, however, getting upset doesn't change much. When I first ordered my car I was told it would be delivered late November/early December. I didn't think that was the case but it is. Sure people may have them first, but yours is your own. You got to choose exactly what you wanted and have watched it since it all started.
3000 Status on 9/3
3300 Status on 10/8
3400 Status on 10/9
3800 Status on 10/19
Delivery 12/28
Zultain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #232
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm going to be honest (and flame me if you want), but the early orders should have been delivered first. Especially the 10/12 - 10/19 TPWs. At this rate, I'm just hoping I get my car before it snows. Hell, I've even debated not going through with the rest of the process at this point. It's incredibly ridiculous.

3000: 8/27/15
TPW (10/19): 8/31/15
3300: 10/8/15
3400: 10/10/15
3800: 10/21/15 VIN #118558
5000: 1/4/16 @ 11:49AM
6000: 1/4/16 @ 11:49AM
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #233
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
FWIW, I agree with both Sledge and Miller. For a long time unless I was doing an employee sponsored order I had difficulty finding a dealer who would do one. And I have access to way more info these days but that is of little help when info that counts is hidden. If the hold up is QC related (and I now think it is) which is better: taking delivery quickly and plan on trips to the dealer for repairs to be completed or a week or two extra wait and getting your order as intended?

Personally, I prefer the latter but the wait can be (and for me has been) diabolically excruciating. But for some odd reason I still do sold retail orders, and almost every time something happens to make the process unacceptable.

To conclude, one should never do a retail sold order unless they have done one before. The roller coaster can not be fully appreciated the first time around. And each time one does it, a different obstacle will appear, or, as I have posted, sometimes no obstacle and everything goes like clock work. Which might be the exception that proves the rule.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #234
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
And this is normal, first in last to ship, look for 1-2 more weeks till they start to come in, last time it was 45 days from time of build to delivery and some want past 60 days, so i am at 25 days now almost 1/2 way home.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #235
mjgocamaro_girl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS mosaic black
If there is a next time for me I am going to order 3 - 4 weeks after production starts.
mjgocamaro_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #236
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
And this is normal, first in last to ship, look for 1-2 more weeks till they start to come in, last time it was 45 days from time of build to delivery and some want past 60 days, so i am at 25 days now almost 1/2 way home.
I would agree... but this seems to be more than a QC hold. Cars build ahead of mine have shipped and car built directly after have shipped. Unless they are QC holding random cars and there is no rhyme or reason to things?

Maybe it is the options I got? Who knows, but similar colors and same optioned cars have shipped. The only thing I have noticed is no one with 5 split-spoke has gotten their cars. But not all 10/12''s still at 3800 got those rims.

Unless they fixed potential issues on Tr6''s car ahead of everyone elses.... it seems no QC hold was happening.

The biggest thing driving me batty is orders built last week have shipped and are delivered. WTF!?!?!?!.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #237
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime555 View Post
I couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm going to be honest (and flame me if you want), but the early orders should have been delivered first. Especially the 10/12 - 10/19 TPWs. At this rate, I'm just hoping I get my car before it snows. Hell, I've even debated not going through with the rest of the process at this point. It's incredibly ridiculous.
1000% agree with you! Especially a life long GM buyer/owner like myself! Our orders should be prioritized hands down!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #238
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoon View Post
Hi Camaro6 community!

This is my very first post on a forum... well ever, so hopefully I don't look too noob.

But I've been following the order tracking threads pretty closely and carefully and finally decided to chime in with some info. The site's been great in keeping me nice and anxious.

I ordered a Camaro for my girlfriend and got a TPW of 10/19. Been through a lot of the same process that many people have seen so far. So I went from 3800, to 4200, to 4300, and probably 4B00 somewhere in the process. I was concerned when I went back down to 4000 yesterday, which is "available to ship", and thought that I may not have made the first wave of cars being sent to my location... which is Phoenix, AZ by the way.

However, today I checked with Chevy Chat and they said that the car was shipped, at 4200. So it has actually returned to 4200, but the way they spoke was as though it really is out on its way. My dealer then also contacted me, and said that it has officially shipped. He didn't tell me rail information or anything, but I'm pretty sure that's what he saw if he actually contacted me about it. I know when I was at 4300 he let me know its at a holding yard by a company named "Autoport LTD" or something like that.

Considering some cars are already arriving at dealerships, I'm hoping that it really was shipped. Unfortunately he's off till Monday, so I won't get more details until then.

I've ordered a C7 Stingray through a courtesy delivery and I remember that it took about 5-6 days to get here from once it was on its way. Also, I use this thread on the Corvette forum to give me some reference of the rail time as well (which goes all the way through to California). Of course, that link is just a reference so anybody's situation can vary. So here's to hoping that the car is here by the end of the next week!
Welcome! This camaro forum is great! For some reason a lot of the early builts haven't arrived!! I'm sure you know that tho since you been following this forum for a while... This guy on here had one of the earliest builds and nothing yet!! we're all pretty much wondering what's going on...
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet