Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #183
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
Yes, it killed it, because in reality, it was more than $3000. And living in So Cal, yes, it absolutely had to be a vert - always had one, always will.

Checking out car prices online is not quite the same as going to a dealer and test driving the different models in the exact trim level one desires.

The MB E350 Cabriolet was close to $70,000, the Audi A5 (btw, I love that 2.0 turbo) comparably equipped was a little over $50,000 - the S5 was $65,000, the BMW - i don't like them, and the small MB roadster was out of the question since my husband is 6'4" 200lbs -- yeah that wasn't gonna work for me.

I am very happy with my Camaro 2SS/RS out the door at 42k -- like i stated before, I work for a living.

btw - that $8000+ i saved from not buying the S5, i went to South Beach last summer and had an excellent time in the Keys.
And we have yet to get into the cost of ownership after the purchase is made which a lot of folks fail to take into consideration with respect to affordability.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:08 PM   #184

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So the question is how much will the price premium be to add the complex top with a folding hard tonneau cover?

If GM holds pricing and says hey, it's a way better convertible than the Mustang and they are the same price WOW.

But if GM tries to add premium pricing for a premium convertible then I'm worried.

My guess is that people will pay more for this as it is better. Noticeably better than the Mustang.

But again it seems the last bit of information here is pricing. And something tells me GM is going up market just a weeee but with the Gen6 coupe and convertible.
Yeah, I think we may have read too much into this....I have heard a lot about BMW, Audi, Mercedes....but not much about Mustang (Chevy's chief competitor)....which I think is what #3 was mostly addressing...

Mustang convertibles...I have no clue....Camaro becoming a premium type convertible deal, I doubt it...again, that's what Corvette is for...

6thGen improved, and in particular the convertible improved, I'd say for sure...but price-wise I don't think it will be prohibitive...definitely a better look for the Camaro....but I don't think the Corvette got too pricey with it's new features.....I think the Camaro will definitely out-do the Mustang and at a very reasonable price...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #185
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
I don't wish to debate this with you because:

For example: You say the "small MB roadster" (SLK250/350) won't do because your husband is 6'4" tall and 200 lb. Fact is, that "small MB roadster" has more headroom and more legroom up front than your Camaro has. Just let it go that you chose based, like everyone else who can, on what you wanted, not so much what was actually available.

Plus, you've claimed an $8,000 price difference based solely on what you paid for your car... vs MSRP on another. Are you certain no Audi dealership would've negotiated with you? Just an example: http://www.auditampa.com/new/Audi/20...b.htm?model=A5 Look at that and ask yourself how comparably equipped your Camaro really is. I'm not saying I don't like the Camaro better... well, the 6th gen anyway... I'm just saying that you cannot legitimately call them "comparably equipped" in connection w/ price because many things in this car simply cannot be had in a Camaro, most obviously, AWD.

The comparison came about because the claim was made that "all others" (convertibles) were 1 upped. It had nothing to do with how fast any car was, but everything to do with fit & finish, looks and amenities. That opened the door for everything. I'd still, if buying a convertible, personally choose the new Camaro over most and there are many reasons. Price, yup. Needs? Yup. Looks? Yup. Power? Yup. All that does depend, of course, on the price of the new 'vert.

Camaro is called a muscle car in a relative sense. In my opinion from those of us who were alive in the 60's and 70's... it isn't 1. Muscle cars, to me, have big block engines and... fit actual people in the rear.
dude, you are so awesome, i can't compete.

you win the internet today.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #186
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
And we have yet to get into the cost of ownership after the purchase is made which a lot of folks fail to take into consideration with respect to affordability.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #187
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

Is there a prize for that? Just asking. If there is a really good prize, I might actually try win. But if it's just like an acknowledgement or something, then I'll let it go.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #188
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Is there a prize for that? Just asking. If there is a really good prize, I might actually try win. But if it's just like an acknowledgement or something, then I'll let it go.
Yes here it is...
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #189

...Lest we forget...lol....The car is pretty awesome...

BTW....I believe the consensus was that the vert would come around later in the production year...now it looks like the convertible will be available sooner than later?...
I didn't see it mentioned, maybe it was....would be nice to see these in the showrooms asap....

OK....just saw "early 2016"....still that's a lot sooner than what was originally thought?..
Old 06-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #190
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
This topic is about me? OH! Retired after 28yrs.

By the way, if you're going to get on a personal attack, try gathering AT LEAST ONE(1) FACT before you spout. Otherwise, you just look like an angry child w/out a clue.
You really haven't been paying much attention then.

GM has always been the whipping boy of the auto industry. Everything GM does is stupid, everything the Japanese or Germans do is game changing. "Volt will be a miserable failure and GM won't even make money on the first gen, how stupid are they? I'll conveniently forget Toyota made zero profit on the first gen Prius" or "Yeah, the Cadillac's nice, but in the end the BMW is just nicer. The Cadillac performs better in every metric possible, but it's just not a BMW."

Sure, some of it is deserved, since GM has made a ton of stupid decisions over the years. But that doesn't change the fact that there is and always has been a clear bias against them in the industry, no matter how well they're doing.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #191
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:

good call. some people obsess a bit much.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #192
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Well, with this little sampling, probably why "up-scale" buyers of convertibles go with BMW and others....

The Camaro, even the convertible, looks like it's in no danger of being considered up-scale...lol....
I guess the 53k i paid for mine is not "upscale" enough... But thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #193
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

GM has always been the whipping boy of the auto industry. Everything GM does is stupid, everything the Japanese or Germans do is game changing. "Volt will be a miserable failure and GM won't even make money on the first gen, how stupid are they? I'll conveniently forget Toyota made zero profit on the first gen Prius" or "Yeah, the Cadillac's nice, but in the end the BMW is just nicer. The Cadillac performs better in every metric possible, but it's just not a BMW."

Sure, some of it is deserved, since GM has made a ton of stupid decisions over the years. But that doesn't change the fact that there is and always has been a clear bias against them in the industry, no matter how well they're doing.
Exactly.

On the other hand as Rob said they are very popular. But that comes with just as many haters.
GM has a great deal of support. But no short supply of negative either.

Lot of people want them to fail and nothing is ever good enough.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
I guess the 53k i paid for mine is not "upscale" enough... But thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Easy...easy....If the guys hadn't joked about carrying stuff like a pick-up truck, I wouldn't have made that comment...It was meant to be a light-hearted comment, but as usual, taken too seriously...lol...
Old 06-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #195
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:

...Lest we forget...lol....The car is pretty awesome...

BTW....I believe the consensus was that the vert would come around later in the production year...now it looks like the convertible will be available sooner than later?...
I didn't see it mentioned, maybe it was....would be nice to see these in the showrooms asap....

OK....just saw "early 2016"....still that's a lot sooner than what was originally thought?..
I figured it would be early spring 2016 when we started seeing the camoed convertible prototypes shortly after seeing the coupes.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:34 AM   #196
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:

Yeah... Fact is, you totally screwed that pooch, ineptly claiming that the "small roadster" wasn't big enough inside to fit a 6'4" beanpole, as compared to Camaro... Now you're mad at me... for being better educated, or is it that I shared the education... whichever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Oh STOP! Seriously, it's not that bad. You're acting as if nobody ever says a bad word about other brands, but you know they do all the time. GM is no exception here. I suspect you just think of it more because you happen to be a big GM fan. Nothin' wrong there, but really, all major brands get bashed day after day.

PS The VOLT was indeed a real failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHL View Post
good call. some people obsess a bit much.
If pointing out the truth is "obsession" to you, that may explain plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
On the other hand as Rob said they are very popular. But that comes with just as many haters.
GM has a great deal of support. But no short supply of negative either.

Lot of people want them to fail and nothing is ever good enough.
That's pretty much it... I'm just saying that we're being very short-sighted to believe that GM is the main "hated" car company. That hatred, dislike, whatever, is spread very well and GM isn't even close to being the only or main target.

Quote:
Easy...easy....If the guys hadn't joked about carrying stuff like a pick-up truck, I wouldn't have made that comment...It was meant to be a light-hearted comment, but as usual, taken too seriously...lol...
Around here? NAH!

PS I seem to remember reading the Camaro convertible will be available in 2016, the actual year. That may not be right or sound right, but it kinda would make sense, considering the past.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote