Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #2605
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
We live in a disposable world these days. Many car's parts are made recyclable. They are using soy based plastics and wire sheathing. They want cars these days to be easily rendered. None of todays mass produced cars will see values like we see in 426Hemi cars, big block Chevys or mid 60's Vettes because the will have already been turned back into other cars, refrigerators or maybe even fuel. Hell the software and computer systems in these cars alone will limit their life on earth. Try to find a computer to run a floppy disk and hope the information is still good if you do. What we will see are cars that dont run or cant be driven just siiting in collections to view. What will be the worth in that? Grant it, many collector cars do that down, but most of the high dollar ones all run and can. I dont see the point in talking future value of a disposal product.
All true.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #2606
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
How would you go about matte black-ing the bowtie, as it is a hollow piece, vinyl would be very difficult, as the chrome from the flowtie goes down into the grille. Maybe plastidip and low gloss clear...
Didnt the camoflauge 1LE have a matte bumper with a matte bowtie? Yes, its hollow but the chrome edge was blacked out if I remember correctly. Shouldn't be difficult to black out the chrome edge of the flowtie.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #2607
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Didnt the camoflauge 1LE have a matte bumper with a matte bowtie? Yes, its hollow but the chrome edge was blacked out if I remember correctly. Shouldn't be difficult to black out the chrome edge of the flowtie.
If you look at some of the up close flowtie pictures from camarofest, the chrome flowtie goes down into the grille a ways, so you would have to somehow vinyl all of that otherwise chrome would be showing upon closer look. IF you painted or plastidipped, that would be easier. Also it appears that the 1LE's do not come with blacked out tie, but as others have mentioned im sure the aftermarket companies will take care of that.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #2608
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I know no one personally that has anything good to say about the 19 SS including two friends that sell Chevys for a living. The car is just a major fail. Will some like it and do like it? Hell, there are people that actually like kale and eat insects, so sure they will.
"That is why we always reserve judgement until we see it live"

->

Next headline is calling the car ugly
Old 08-09-2018, 10:19 PM   #2609
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Attachment 950883
mmm mmm mmm...
Hey, Amigo!!!
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #2610
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
That looks badass IMO!

REALLY aggressive looking
Old 08-09-2018, 11:48 PM   #2611
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Hey, Amigo!!!
Idk, not feeling it. It just looks off to me. It's hard to make radical changes when adding to a design that wasnt originally designed with them. The original 6th gen design was designed as a cohesive unit. Anything other than minor tweaks would most likely look odd and tacked on which I think is the main issue here since the rest of the car didnt change including the wheels.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #2612
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
I don't get the whole "it looks like a Charger" Thing. Have you even looked at current Camaros and Chargers? If you are searching for similiar styling cues you will always find other cars that have the same visual approach.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #2613
kdepew

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
I don't get the whole "it looks like a Charger" Thing. Have you even looked at current Camaros and Chargers? If you are searching for similiar styling cues you will always find other cars that have the same visual approach.
That Charger looks way better than all the other Charger pictures. Is that a newer Charger where they stopped blacking out the bumper or an older Charger before they started blacking out the bumper? Either way, I see the resemblance of the front of those pictures and the resemblance of the blacked out Charger and the 2019 SS. I think the reason people notice the resemblance of the black bumper Charger and the 2019 SS is that they share a similarity on something that is more radical and different (and in my and many others opinion uglier).
kdepew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:53 AM   #2614
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Idk, not feeling it. It just looks off to me. It's hard to make radical changes when adding to a design that wasnt originally designed with them. The original 6th gen design was designed as a cohesive unit. Anything other than minor tweaks would most likely look odd and tacked on which I think is the main issue here since the rest of the car didnt change including the wheels.
That car looks amazing. Love it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #2615
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Hey, Amigo!!!
This is the combination I’d go with. 2SS 1LE in satin steel gray. One hell of a value!
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #2616
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
The cheap looking hood vent ruins the lines there, the nostrils were way better.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #2617
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
If you look at some of the up close flowtie pictures from camarofest, the chrome flowtie goes down into the grille a ways, so you would have to somehow vinyl all of that otherwise chrome would be showing upon closer look. IF you painted or plastidipped, that would be easier. Also it appears that the 1LE's do not come with blacked out tie, but as others have mentioned im sure the aftermarket companies will take care of that.
Someone will make a plug that goes in the hole, clips from the back, and covers up the chrome. Just like the grille badge on the 2017, really.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:57 PM   #2618
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdepew View Post
That Charger looks way better than all the other Charger pictures. Is that a newer Charger where they stopped blacking out the bumper or an older Charger before they started blacking out the bumper? Either way, I see the resemblance of the front of those pictures and the resemblance of the blacked out Charger and the 2019 SS. I think the reason people notice the resemblance of the black bumper Charger and the 2019 SS is that they share a similarity on something that is more radical and different (and in my and many others opinion uglier).
... What?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!