Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2023, 07:17 AM   #15
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Those are dealer listed prices to get you in the door. I am 1000% sure that will go up once you walk onto the lot.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:20 AM   #16
Johnfin

Drives: 2018 ss
Isnt that called bait and switch. Its illegal in Florida. Hold them to what they advertised. To pay under MSRP is not unrealistic.
Johnfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:27 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
Isnt that called bait and switch. Its illegal in Florida. Hold them to what they advertised. To pay under MSRP is not unrealistic.
Bait and switch is illegal pretty much everywhere. It has to do more with advertising an item at a very low price knowing full well that there are none to be had. When the customer arrives to purchase the item, they end up being sold a different item at a significantly higher cost. It isn't quite the same here because you CAN buy that car, and you CAN buy it at that price. But the dealer tacks on fees that they don't advertise, telling you they are all 'required'.

If bait and switch ever applied here, no dealership would ever be able to advertise car prices because they are all vehicle-specific and "subject to availability."
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:43 AM   #18
Johnfin

I have never paid MSRP buying a camaro at Don Mealey in Clermont. They claim they will never be undersold and its true. They may try to stick you with some type of set up fee or this or that but I just say no and it has worked for me. It does matter which dealer, most will try to gouge you. In my endeavors I have found that 75% of dealers are going to make a healthy profit off you. Buyer beware. That being said, hard work does pay off.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:48 AM   #19
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSShark View Post
Those are dealer listed prices to get you in the door. I am 1000% sure that will go up once you walk onto the lot.
The first listing has a $1k dealer fee and a $250 reg filing fee. The other listing only include the $750 customer cash, so the dealer really isn't discounting the cars at all.

I will add that FL is one of the worst states to purchase a vehicle, in general.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:27 AM   #20
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
Quote:
1SS with ILE and Recaros. Gorgeous car. Pay to play at this point
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:52 AM   #21
Johnfin

I know, decent deal considering that some lt1's are going for this price and its a 1LE,
and in stock. Wish it wasnt black.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:23 AM   #22
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
The first listing has a $1k dealer fee and a $250 reg filing fee. The other listing only include the $750 customer cash, so the dealer really isn't discounting the cars at all.

I will add that FL is one of the worst states to purchase a vehicle, in general.
Agreed, I live in Florida and can confirm that the dealers here are ruthless!
Old 06-29-2023, 09:43 AM   #23
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
I'm not paying msrp...don't care what car it is. The dealer pulled the car I was looking at anyway. Until it comes in.
I'm now looking at a C7. No warranty on it though. Also decided if I get an SS it will be a 2SS coupe. I just can't trust the soft convertible tops in the long term in FL.
I feel like you do about not paying MSRP. Only problem is we cant go back to 2020 and it might never get back to that. I needed a new daily driver recently and I had to pay MSRP for a new 23 Toyota Camry SE. AND had to put a deposit and wait for 2 months for it to come in. FOR A CAMRY. Honda Civic's locally to me are marked up $1-$2k. It unfortunately is the world we live in right now. If you truly want the last of a V8 Camaro you might have to pay MSRP. Because that is more than likely the best deal you will find sadly.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 09:54 AM   #24
Johnfin

Ok, the Japanese stuff is a whole other animal. Cant compare it to a chevy. Walk into a Toyota dealership on a saturday and you will find it slammed with people, most who are buying cars they have never seen or driven because there are none on the lot. You wont
get a deal buying a new Toyota.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:08 AM   #25
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Hi. This is reality.

And a few people wonder why customers are fed up with the dealer model.

"Oh, that's our internet price" Like, I literally had to copy it on my computer and make pictures to show them to force them to honor it (not my Camaro). They all try to bait and switch.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:15 AM   #26
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I just bought a 2023 Red Hot 2SS vert for $56k. Autonation had one on their Miami lot so I had them ship it to clearwater fl.

This is my 3rd camaro convertible. The tops from 2016-2023 are much better than the 5th gen tops. And they've redesigned the regulators for the sliding flaps; made them stronger so you should have no issues.

Rain just doesn't pop up in FL - You can usually tell when it's gonna rain by looking at any weather apps' radar.

Get the convertible!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:28 AM   #27
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I just bought a 2023 Red Hot 2SS vert for $56k. Autonation had one on their Miami lot so I had them ship it to clearwater fl.

This is my 3rd camaro convertible. The tops from 2016-2023 are much better than the 5th gen tops. And they've redesigned the regulators for the sliding flaps; made them stronger so you should have no issues.

Rain just doesn't pop up in FL - You can usually tell when it's gonna rain by looking at any weather apps' radar.

Get the convertible!
Congrats on the new ride
Old 06-29-2023, 10:46 AM   #28
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
I know, decent deal considering that some lt1's are going for this price and its a 1LE,
and in stock. Wish it wasnt black.
Come on John!!! BLACK is BEAUTIFUL!!!. I absolutely LOVE my Black Z....for the 15 seconds it's clean after I detail it!. All seriousness though, while yes, black is a tough one to keep clean, having the car ceramic coated, wheel faces ceramic coated and whole front PPF'D, it DOES at least HELP make it easier to clean. Black just looks so damn good when clean, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Love mine!