Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-20-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
Rainfarer

Drives: Camaro RS 2016
2016 V6 Edelbrock - where to get one?

Hi, everyone

For the past week we've been trying to buy Edelbrock kit for LGX remotely (I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine) and it's either "payment declined" after a day or two in case of Edelbrock or "it's no longer manufactured" when we've tried to order from Phastek (yet it's still in stock according to their site). Does anyone know a surefire way to purchase this kit in US? We have a company that does shipping by sea and all we need is to pay for it with a card and US domestic shipping to deliver it to this company's office

Thank you
Rainfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 06:36 PM   #2
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I don't have a answer to your question.I just wanted to say I remember you posting about a year ago. I remember your pics showed Bilstein dampers .Since then I have installed b6's on mine and like them.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:18 AM   #3
ZL14ever

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
Based on my experience, shipping to an address that is different than Credit Card address will always get flagged by US billing systems & the transaction could get auto declined

You will need to have shipping address similar to Card address. Another option is to open an account with a US freight forwarder and have your kit shipped there (this method requires paying the vendor via PayPal)
ZL14ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
Rainfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
I don't have a answer to your question.I just wanted to say I remember you posting about a year ago. I remember your pics showed Bilstein dampers .Since then I have installed b6's on mine and like them.
Great to hear that you like em) I like them a lot, but I decided to go with the AirLift suspension and currently waiting for a kit to arrive. Once it's here I'll post a complete installation report with pictures and video
Old 06-21-2023, 10:48 AM   #5
Rainfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL14ever View Post
Based on my experience, shipping to an address that is different than Credit Card address will always get flagged by US billing systems & the transaction could get auto declined

You will need to have shipping address similar to Card address. Another option is to open an account with a US freight forwarder and have your kit shipped there (this method requires paying the vendor via PayPal)
We've tried different payment options but ultimately gave up and I'm looking for a way to maybe get a used one
Old 06-21-2023, 11:46 AM   #6
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfarer View Post
We've tried different payment options but ultimately gave up and I'm looking for a way to maybe get a used one
Have you contacted Phastek directly via email to see if they can help you buy it?
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 01:42 PM   #7
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Superchargers in general seem to be in short supply at present, including LT1/LT4 versions. I personally have never seen a blower on a gen6 V6 and was not aware that Edelbrock offered a kit. I do not believe that V6 Superchargers are big sellers here in the states, and I honestly doubt if you would have much better luck sourcing one here in the US. I could be wrong though. You may want to try Superchargersonline. They may have a refurbished unit.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 03:15 PM   #8
Rainfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Have you contacted Phastek directly via email to see if they can help you buy it?
Yep, they've been quiet the whole time, like Edelbrock and a couple of their resellers. At one point I thought that maybe my mail is not working properly, but no - it's just me getting shunned)
Old 06-23-2023, 03:20 PM   #9
Rainfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Superchargers in general seem to be in short supply at present, including LT1/LT4 versions. I personally have never seen a blower on a gen6 V6 and was not aware that Edelbrock offered a kit. I do not believe that V6 Superchargers are big sellers here in the states, and I honestly doubt if you would have much better luck sourcing one here in the US. I could be wrong though. You may want to try Superchargersonline. They may have a refurbished unit.
Thanks for the tip, I might check them out in the future. I've bought a used one on Ebay and I'm currently praying to all the gods that this thing will come to Kyiv at least in the working condition