Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Looking to buy 14/15 hero tail lights today help

These lights cost $400 so before I order from phastek performance I’m asking you guys if you know of another legit source for my purchase? Any discount codes coupons etc? I want the clear/smoked model shown below, thanks.
Attached Images

Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
azulia

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
They look great, I just am waiting if they can ever find a way to smooth out the 1.5-2 second delay they have. In some posts I’ve also heard something about radio interference. They do look amazing though on the car.
azulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #3
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
I have those same lights. They look and work great. I don't know of any deals or anything. I just ordered mine from Phastek.
The delay is overrated as well. Your trunk brake light isn't delayed, just the tail lights, and I've been driving this thing for close to a year now. After a few thousand miles of both city and highway driving, I haven't had so much as a close call from behind. Not even once.
Folks would have to be doing some serious tailgating and/or driving like a lunatic for anything serious to happen, and to be honest, a split-second delay on your tail lights isn't going to undo that problem. Having said that, I have absolutely no earthly idea why these lights have a delay, albeit for only a half second or so.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Welcome5 discount code should still be active for a 5% discount at Phastek.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
Mr2Hard2See

Thanks for the input fellas. I’m doing a 14/15 conversion and bought my first round of parts today. I start a new thread for the swap because I’ll include parts number and cost. The delay doesn’t bother me much so I’m going for it.

Ever see a 14/15 trunk on a 11 well here it is with stock taillights. My first day buying parts for my swap mod and I’ve scored the 3 major parts.
Attached Images

Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Old 01-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
azulia

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
I have those same lights. They look and work great. I don't know of any deals or anything. I just ordered mine from Phastek.
The delay is overrated as well. Your trunk brake light isn't delayed, just the tail lights, and I've been driving this thing for close to a year now. After a few thousand miles of both city and highway driving, I haven't had so much as a close call from behind. Not even once.
Folks would have to be doing some serious tailgating and/or driving like a lunatic for anything serious to happen, and to be honest, a split-second delay on your tail lights isn't going to undo that problem. Having said that, I have absolutely no earthly idea why these lights have a delay, albeit for only a half second or so.

More than anything, it’s the OCD in my that is more bothered and hence not pulling the trigger.
azulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:46 PM   #7
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by azulia View Post
More than anything, it’s the OCD in my that is more bothered and hence not pulling the trigger.

I hear you. It's also not a 1.5-2 sec delay (that would be insane). It's more of a half-second delay, which is unwanted, but non-impactful on the road. I've never encountered any incidents, and I have yet to even hear of anyone with these lights ever having an accident and/or fender bender due to the delay.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:00 PM   #8
mbesman
Great White

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I have these as well and have no issues with anyone braking hard behind me. Just as a precaution I also purchased the third brake light flash. The slight delay is even less noticeable now because the flashing third brake light draws instant attention. I drove behind my car to see what it looked like and the delay was hardly noticeable with the flasher going off. But even before that, the delay was not 1.5 to 2 secs. More like half a sec. Get em you won't regret it.
mbesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:51 PM   #9
Mr2Hard2See

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesman View Post
I have these as well and have no issues with anyone braking hard behind me. Just as a precaution I also purchased the third brake light flash. The slight delay is even less noticeable now because the flashing third brake light draws instant attention. I drove behind my car to see what it looked like and the delay was hardly noticeable with the flasher going off. But even before that, the delay was not 1.5 to 2 secs. More like half a sec. Get em you won't regret it.
Hey well since you bought the new flashing 3rd break light may I have/buy your old oem 3rd brake light? That is what’s missing from my trunk now and this would be sweet for me. I didn’t realize I’d be well over 1k to do this mod altogether.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:59 AM   #10
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Delay or not, those lights look awesome.
joekono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:33 PM   #11
Mr2Hard2See

Just ordered my smoked hero lights from phastek performance