Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #155
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I'm surprise people go out of their way to bash a car they don't like. It happens a lot of the Corvette forum as well. You would think the mods would delete the threads but it does keep traffic and views up. Personally I like the 19 and 20 refresh. I recently took a short vacation in AZ and rented a 19 Orange Crush SS A10 and loved it. Drove it from Chandler to the Grand Canyon and back and got a lot of compliments. The A10 is a dream trans and the blind spot detection on the side mirrors really helped. It didn't have the NPP and was way too quiet and the GY run flats were really loud, but otherwise love it. This color would look great on a 19 or 20 SS 1LE.
Attached Images

DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #156
Flybynight

Drives: 2015 Abarth
^ Most of the "hate" was just angered 16-18 guys that theirs isn't the new kid on the block anymore. Happens with literally every new model of every new car that comes out, the prior gen guys bash it, even if its blatantly better.
Flybynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:55 PM   #157
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Personally I like the 19 and 20 refresh. I recently took a short vacation in AZ and rented....
I did the same thing. '19 vert. Went from Tucson, AZ to Promontory Point, UT.

Not once did I see mothers cover their kids eyes over the "hideous" front end.
Everyone was digging it. Got the story of the "fastest '68 in town" from some old timer reminiscing. I had to wipe the drool off the car after he left.

Chicks were digging it. Dudes were digging it. And I still think that the controversy is WAAAAYYYY overblown. If anything, everyone should be complaining about the "fangs" on the 2020. That being said, it won't stop me from getting a LT!.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #158
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Me, I am just happy we have a Camaro to argue about and I am happy they're still being produced.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #159
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I did the same thing. '19 vert. Went from Tucson, AZ to Promontory Point, UT.

Not once did I see mothers cover their kids eyes over the "hideous" front end.
Everyone was digging it. Got the story of the "fastest '68 in town" from some old timer reminiscing. I had to wipe the drool off the car after he left.

Chicks were digging it. Dudes were digging it. And I still think that the controversy is WAAAAYYYY overblown. If anything, everyone should be complaining about the "fangs" on the 2020. That being said, it won't stop me from getting a LT!.
We were leaving a restaurant and an older gent even gave it some props.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:14 PM   #160
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
And now moderators bashing?

Pathetic!!
Can't we all just get along? Life is too short. We all love camaros no matter what gen or refresh.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:50 AM   #161
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight View Post
I like the 19 front end better, I hope having the front blacked out is optional on the 20's so I can get garnet red, otherwise I'll get black. Also, the design of the 6th gen has nothing to do with sales going down. The $4500 they tacked onto the 6th gen SS's over the 2015's did though (and $2500~ on the lesser models). And since 2016 the prices have increased by $1000 to $2000 every year since. Charge more for them, fine, but they better have the content people expect for the price - and they don't, especially the interiors. This is what I think the 2023 "delay" is about. If they're going to charge BMW and Audi money for an SS they better be just as nice inside.
This just makes parts available to swap either way. Would be cool to see a 2020 with a 19 front end.

Refreshes always need to be a bit distinguishable so you can spot different year models on the road. I always look for the chicklets on the older well kept 5th Gens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Can't we all just get along? Life is too short. We all love camaros no matter what gen or refresh.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:37 AM   #162
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
I like the 19 front end better, I hope having the front blacked out is optional on the 20's so I can get garnet red, otherwise I'll get black. Also, the design of the 6th gen has nothing to do with sales going down. The $4500 they tacked onto the 6th gen SS's over the 2015's did though (and $2500~ on the lesser models). And since 2016 the prices have increased by $1000 to $2000 every year since. Charge more for them, fine, but they better have the content people expect for the price - and they don't, especially the interiors. This is what I think the 2023 "delay" is about. If they're going to charge BMW and Audi money for an SS they better be just as nice inside.
Just get the red one you want, and paint/wrap that bumper piece
Old 07-29-2019, 09:05 AM   #163
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
^ Most of the "hate" was just angered 16-18 guys that theirs isn't the new kid on the block anymore. Happens with literally every new model of every new car that comes out, the prior gen guys bash it, even if its blatantly better.
Well, that's your opinion, but short of you revealing you're a telepath who knows 16-18 owners' minds better than they do, good luck supporting it.

Speaking for myself, the 2019 LS & LT styling looked really good, if anything a modernized reversion to what the early 5th gens looked like (which I loved on my old 2010 and sometimes miss even now), which of course was itself a then modern take on the 1st gen.

The 2019 SS styling, on the other hand, seemed to me to be a jumbled mess. The blacked out bar across the grille makes it a late comer to that trend, which had never been a heritage Camaro trait (compare that to the Challenger and Mustang, which even as they get updated retain significant reminders of their respective iconic faces).

Then they moved the bowtie down into an awkward place which also cast aside styling heritage which placed it on the upper grille.

Finally they made it a "flowtie," taking something which had been a hallmark of H.O. Camaro variants from the 5th and 6th generations and made it less special by including it on every V8 Camaro, ostensibly for better cooling... and yet the real H.O. variant retained its 2016-2018- style front end, which didn't say to me that there was an actual benefit to the 2019 SS flowtie front end. Instead it said poorly executed cheap marketing ploy, and those always bug me.

You're rarely going to get "blatantly better" with a styling change, unlike something substantial like replacing the A8 with the A10. When the 5th gen got its 2014 refresh, there was some pushback against it, but nothing like the 6th gen 2019 refresh (which is probably why the 6th gen was revealed with an evolution of the 2014 styling). Dismissing the complaints about the 2019 as being nothing more than older owners' envy talking ignores just how unusually extreme the negative reaction was to that refresh.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #164
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Well, that's your opinion, but short of you revealing you're a telepath who knows 16-18 owners' minds better than they do, good luck supporting it.

Speaking for myself, the 2019 LS & LT styling looked really good, if anything a modernized reversion to what the early 5th gens looked like (which I loved on my old 2010 and sometimes miss even now), which of course was itself a then modern take on the 1st gen.

The 2019 SS styling, on the other hand, seemed to me to be a jumbled mess. The blacked out bar across the grille makes it a late comer to that trend, which had never been a heritage Camaro trait (compare that to the Challenger and Mustang, which even as they get updated retain significant reminders of their respective iconic faces).

Then they moved the bowtie down into an awkward place which also cast aside styling heritage which placed it on the upper grille.

Finally they made it a "flowtie," taking something which had been a hallmark of H.O. Camaro variants from the 5th and 6th generations and made it less special by including it on every V8 Camaro, ostensibly for better cooling... and yet the real H.O. variant retained its 2016-2018- style front end, which didn't say to me that there was an actual benefit to the 2019 SS flowtie front end. Instead it said poorly executed cheap marketing ploy, and those always bug me.

You're rarely going to get "blatantly better" with a styling change, unlike something substantial like replacing the A8 with the A10. When the 5th gen got its 2014 refresh, there was some pushback against it, but nothing like the 6th gen 2019 refresh (which is probably why the 6th gen was revealed with an evolution of the 2014 styling). Dismissing the complaints about the 2019 as being nothing more than older owners' envy talking ignores just how unusually extreme the negative reaction was to that refresh.
sounds like you got some hate for the 19ss ? Enjoy your older 6gen and we that have a 19 will enjoy newer Camaro ..we know we got something better ..move on
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #165
LTwin86

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Not this time. Too many negative feedbacks from camaro fans to famous reviewers. Obviously, too many facts, 2019 have problems with new design, that is why it refreshed again in 2020 and camaro designer kicked from his position��

Last edited by LTwin86; 07-29-2019 at 01:47 PM.
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #166
Flybynight

Drives: 2015 Abarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post

Lol no, I've just had different cars and been on lots of specific forums for them to see the same reaction to refreshes and new designs over and over again. When I said blatantly better I was talking about the charger and challenger refresh's and redesigns backlash.

In 2012 they too hated the black center grille on the SRT's and if you went by the internet, everyone did. So they made it optional - and everyone still ordered it.

Same for the 2015 challenger refresh that made the entire car better, you had prior gen guys saying it was terrible - yet sales only went up, up and keep going up.

The 19 camaro refresh was designed to make the car look mean as well as upscale, which it did. They just better keep the black center optional so everyone can order it like they did with the chargers lol
Flybynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:43 PM   #167
Mosaic6SS

Drives: Camaro
2020 Camaro refresh looks good on the SS and is ok on the LT. The 2019 missed the mark a little I think GM was trying to mimic the newer Chargers but not in a good way. I’d buy a 2020 not a 2019.
Mosaic6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:02 PM   #168
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Me, I am just happy we have a Camaro to argue about and I am happy they're still being produced.
Me to I hope they don’t stop after 2023 even if I don’t buy another after that. About liking or dislike you gotta see in person before you make your mind up. I wasn’t sure about the orange but when I saw it in person I gotta have one when I hit the lottery even it’s only 25k. The 19 does look a lot better in person than a picture no matter which front end it is.