Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Transmission Lines - Out and Return

Hello folks - I will be fitting a B&M super-cooler with the fan over the weekend (i have a CAM and Hi stall multi-disk TC going in next week)
It has a thermal switch and i need to connect the flow from the tranny to that side. Without doing the obvious and making a mess, can anyone tell me which line the oil is pumped from the tranny? I lifted this image from a fellow C5 member -image is from front, underneath after he fitted the B&M so a quick left or right 'pipe' will be sufficient!!!

Name:  Snap4.png
Views: 5969
Size:  500.8 KB

Also, does anyone see any issues with the flow in and out from the bottom of the cooler, makes for a neater install. I wouldn't have thought so, but always good to hear from those in the know.

Name:  Snap3.png
Views: 2225
Size:  447.1 KB

Images courtesy bumblebeecamaro -- cheers mate
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
The oil is flowing from the tranny to the passenger side of the radiator.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

I had another thought about this. Being 'upside down' do you think i would get a problem with air being trapped in the cooler as it basically has nowhere to go? I could bleed it out through the thermal switch (actually fill it first) and of course once bled it won't be a problem - but a ball ache nonetheless
Anything before the weekend would be great!!

Cheers
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

Old 10-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
The oil is flowing from the tranny to the passenger side of the radiator.
Cheers!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
I had another thought about this. Being 'upside down' do you think i would get a problem with air being trapped in the cooler as it basically has nowhere to go? I could bleed it out through the thermal switch (actually fill it first) and of course once bled it won't be a problem - but a ball ache nonetheless
Anything before the weekend would be great!!

Cheers

I mounted my B&M on it's side..
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
DelBosque_SS

Drives: 2014 camaro 2/ss RS
Sorry to bring up an old thread but do you happen to happen the part numbers to those fittings to make this happen myself?
DelBosque_SS is offline   Reply With Quote