Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
So I've never ordered a car before?

I've always bought one off the lot. I'm thinking about getting different rims for my Camaro. Do I have the dealership order them and put them on when the car comes in (and do I get something for the ones that came with the car) or do I buy the car and then buy the new rims? Not sure how to approach this.
Camaro_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want An IOM Camaro View Post
I've always bought one off the lot. I'm thinking about getting different rims for my Camaro. Do I have the dealership order them and put them on when the car comes in (and do I get something for the ones that came with the car) or do I buy the car and then buy the new rims? Not sure how to approach this.
Depends on which rims you are talking about. If you are talking about the 21" GM rims then you can order them either way. If you order them with the car, then your dealer will put them on when they get them and you keep both sets (the 20's and the 21's). This way the rims are on the sticker and can be financed with the car. If you order them separate then they can not be financed, and will not appear on the sticker but you still keep both sets and your dealer will still install them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
Thanks! They are not GM rims. They are from another company. I guess I will have to work with the dealer and make sure they come in before my Camaro.
Camaro_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want An IOM Camaro View Post
Thanks! They are not GM rims. They are from another company. I guess I will have to work with the dealer and make sure they come in before my Camaro.
In this case, you will have to order them from the company seperate. Your dealer might order them for you but very doubtful as there is too much liability if they order the wrong rims.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote