Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
camex
 
Drives: BVM 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 555.63.389738
Posts: 317
Window Louver noise

I want to install this for my car but I wondering about wind noise.
Is this increase noise and you can notice it?
I'm driving 150 miles on highway everyday so concern about noise.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWS6PRT...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
red_johnny
 
red_johnny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: FT Riley, KS
Posts: 745
Well, I have no issues with mine of a different brand and this has more bolting locations. If you get this, add one more bolt location in the bottom middle. That will flap or warp and be in the way when you open the trunk.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #3
camex
 
Drives: BVM 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 555.63.389738
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Well, I have no issues with mine of a different brand and this has more bolting locations. If you get this, add one more bolt location in the bottom middle. That will flap or warp and be in the way when you open the trunk.

Good to know. Thanks!
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:57 AM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,834
I have the American Authority louvers which looks very similar to the Amazon on and I get no wind noise or rattling at all.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
camex
 
Drives: BVM 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 555.63.389738
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I have the American Authority louvers which looks very similar to the Amazon on and I get no wind noise or rattling at all.

Great! Thanks
Is AA good fit and finish?
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:14 PM   #6
Oramac2016
 
Oramac2016's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 383
I can’t answer about the noise but I was considering a rear louver as well. They are like half that price on e-bay. Just an fyi
__________________
2016 Summit White 1LT RS, Brembo Brakes, NPP Exhaust,Front Glowtie, Rear Red Glowtie, Adrenaline Red Interior
Oramac2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #7
camex
 
Drives: BVM 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 555.63.389738
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramac2016 View Post
I can’t answer about the noise but I was considering a rear louver as well. They are like half that price on e-bay. Just an fyi
Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, much cheaper.
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.