Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
dash rattle

'17, I have a annoying rattle somewhere behind dash. Hard to place but kinda sounds like from center, closer to the windshield. It is a tinny/metal sound, like a loose bolt/washer on metal or a loose bracket. Anyone have something similar and track it down?

Now, where I am currently at. I have removed the dash front and pad, and most of the hvac ducts so I have it pretty opened up. I have removed the plastic pan from passenger side under dash, and the glove box. I have not drove it yet to track the sound down, I will tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint it.

Also, has anyone taken apart their dash to fix any squeak/rattle, or would recommend taking care of anything while I got it all apart? I have tons of materials left from working in a shop, nice rattle/squeak fix kits with all kinds/thicknesses of foam/felt/tape like things. So i am going to throw a little of that around everywhere there is contact that I see, but would gladly take any suggestions from anyone that has had to fix something behind the dash.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:50 AM   #2
Nookz

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I used to have a similar rattle, which I could have sworn came somewhere from behind the dash.
However, after trying a multiple fixes there without any result, I discovered that the noise actually came from the passenger side headliner.
So give that one a quick check as well.
Nookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I had a rattle i thought was from behind the dash, Turns out it was the hood release cable where it lays on top of the strut tower.
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #4
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
I will check that today, raining right now of course
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
Had a dash rattle which turned out to be where a trim piece was vibrating against another piece near the airbag apparently, according to the dealer. Common noises of this car are infotainment screen, vents and doors. I got one in the rear passenger side somewhere that’s audible on certain bumpy roads
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I had a rattle from where the back of the 8" display hit against the rest of the dash - put a piece of felt there, no problem since.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote