Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
2019 power tour

the dates and venues are up for the 2019 Hot Rod power tour and was wondering if any members are planning on going.

Im hoping to do the long haul as i have wanted to for a long time but have yet to experience it.

has anybody here done a long haul on the tour?
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post
the dates and venues are up for the 2019 Hot Rod power tour and was wondering if any members are planning on going.

Im hoping to do the long haul as i have wanted to for a long time but have yet to experience it.

has anybody here done a long haul on the tour?

2019 DATES AND VENUES:

KICKOFF on Saturday, June 8: zMAX Dragway in Concord, NC.

Sunday, June 9: Martinsville, VA, venue TBA.

Monday, June 10: Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN, a first-time venue for the tour.

Tuesday, June 11: Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, KY, a first-time venue for the tour.

Wednesday, June 12: Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, IN.

Thursday, June 13: Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN, a first-time venue for the tour.

FINALE on Friday, June 14: Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH.

https://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/
FIFY

I'm interested, but very far from the east coast and ohio for that matter. Can't commit, bu sure will be dreaming about it...
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Saw a Kindigit garage clip the other day......LOL that said the power tour was starting off there the other day maybe it was a old one, or preview of the upcoming season one, whats that show oh yeah; Bitchin Rides..... and I think he is in Utah, anyway last year I thought it was east coast then this years like east coast and central...……...,

so basically its got to be a time when its west coast for me to ever go and frankly just driving anyway kind of annoyingly in a convoy of hot rods that have to deal with chatty Kathy and her econoturd and anyone else...…. oh the amount of hot rod Minivans.....ROFL Once it went down I-5...LOL I was there because it happened to be when I was driving that way anyway.....

I rather would go to a good guys show or other car show, we have a really nice one here or ten, I like one at a carousel on the grass by the river here in Salem, usually called the Carousel Cruise...…… http://www.wvsr.org/2014_carousel_cruise.html

A nice place to smooze with other auto enthusiasts, this one held by a street rod association others held by Corvette or what ever clubs put it on. Responsibilities are usually too much to dream of a power tour let alone wanting to spend the night in nasty motel , hot summer nights is more my dream....Vegas baby..LOL; just waiting for 6 dogs and 4 cats to die......LOL just kidding...….I could find a pet sitter...
Old 11-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Yes, I was on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2005. It started in Kissimmee, FL. It came up the east coast and ended at Englishtown Raceway in NJ. The reason I did that one was because the ending was closer to home. I didn't want to drive a long distance after driving the tour. There really isn't a caravan, the cars get spread out as you go. The only problem is if you get in a town with traffic lights. Me and 3 other guys didn't go to the meeting in the mornings. We knew where we were to meet at the next stop, so we just started the same time as the rest of the people were leaving from the meeting. It was a lot of fun, but is something you only do once.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote