Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
RXer

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Almost new owner question - 2017 program car with about 3800 miles on it

Hello. I am almost a Camaro6 owner. I have my eye on a 2017 Indy festival pace car. It is currently with Carvana and I will be taking delivery in 2 days. I have read threads on break-in. According to Carvana the first oil change was just performed. It looks like I do not need to anything special now except monitor the oil level and follow the oil life monitor.

However given that the car was a program car and the mileage history is clearly not ordinary, should be I doing anything different?

The carfax link is below

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...FH3D75H0186828

Last edited by RXer; 01-21-2019 at 06:05 PM.
RXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
RXer

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I wish that I had good news

So sad. I guess the carfax did its job since the vehicle history was not clear. Overall I have never seen a car look so poorly with just 3,800 miles on it.

There were all sorts of swirl marks everywhere on the car. Swirl marks on the decals too. The whole car screamed that I have been through dozens of cheap car washes. The on top of that the paint has plenty of other bad patterns from a very bad buffing. The kicker was c the buffing marks on the decals and then streaks of the decal colors were on various places on the paint. I was just shocked. The paint on this car was clearly never shown any love. You would think a pace car would have been taken care of better. I can almost see the dealer running it through cheap car washes weekly or hand washing it with barely any water and a dirty sponge.

The best part is that carvana says this is normal wear and tear. Maybe for a Chevy Sonic but not for a pace car! Too bad.

Also I checked the tread depth of the tires. Fronts were 8/32 and rears were 5/32 so obviously it has seen more then it's fair share of burn outs.

Oh well....
RXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Too bad! I know you are disappointed. I'm sure you have - but just in case - make sure you check out the "for sale" cars on this forum. Almost all of them get great care. There are a lot of low mileage, one owner cars listed.

Tip: On this forum the current generation of Camaro is known as the Gen6. The term C6 is used for Corvettes. Not a biggie but it avoids confusion.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote