Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2016, 05:36 PM   #15
Husker67

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS 1LE Wild Cherry
............cost is not a factor and as far as I am concerned horse power is NEVER a waste of money. I would have the 1LE, whether I needed it or not!
Husker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #16
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker67 View Post
............cost is not a factor and as far as I am concerned horse power is NEVER a waste of money. I would have the 1LE, whether I needed it or not!
There is no HP difference between the two cars he is in a quandry(sp) over.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
1le is a waste of money if you don't track.
Not really.

If you plan on adding even just a few of the 1LE features as options, it makes sense to buy it as well if you are say looking at a 1SS.

Like if you are going to add NPP, MRC, and six pistion brakes that ends up being about the same price as the whole 1LE package.

Some just like the looks as well. Those wheels, tires, spoiler and splitter would cost thosands to add.

But if you want the luxury amenities of a 2SS, I would say a 1LE isn't for you.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #18
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Yes it is. He asked, and I gave an answer. Maybe its worth it to you, but its a total waste to me.
You gave your opinion, as it was a fact.

I can see a lot of advantages if you track it or not - but it's not for everyone.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #19
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
1le is a waste of money if you don't track.
Not if you're a car guy who appreciates a unique, low production model, or someone who enjoys lots of canyon/mountain carving.
But, in reference to your comment, isn't a 2SS like you have also a waste of money? I mean, wouldn't a v6 or 2.0 turbo be just as good?
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #20
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Previous G5 1LE owner as well. I had a 2013 2SS 1LE with Sunroof, Nav and NPP. It was the luxury 1LE of sorts. :-) Too bad they won't offer a 2SS 1LE this time since that sounds like what you really want.

I went with the 2SS with A8, MRC, NPP and Nav this time around. The new SS is much better for me and the type of driving I do. If you track the car even a couple times a year I would suggest getting the 1LE but if you don't then I would spend the money of 2SS creature comforts that you will actually get use out of. I agree with many others here when they say the standard SS has more performance than you can use on the street. I would suggest you go test drive one if you haven't, it is stupid quick and should put a big smile on your face.

The main goal of the 1LE is to get it through the turns quicker. It offers more grip and a track tuned suspension to get you through the corners faster and inspire more confidence when driven at the limit. The reality is you just can't do that on the street, so it is wasted... However that Bose stereo and ventilated leather seats perform great if you are canyon carving or just going to pickup groceries. That said, you will enjoy either car since they are both awesome...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #21
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
The increased grip could be worth it even if you don't track.

I don't think it would be a waste of money anymore than a SS, we have to obey the speed limits in a car that is so overkill for that constraint it's ridiculous, so why not get the 1LE package. It's like kicking a dead horse eleven times instead of ten.

I personally think the 1LE package looks dramatically worse the the SS, the hood and wheels are my least favorite of any trim or option.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #22
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
The increased grip could be worth it even if you don't track.

I don't think it would be a waste of money anymore than a SS, we have to obey the speed limits in a car that is so overkill for that constraint it's ridiculous, so why not get the 1LE package. It's like kicking a dead horse eleven times instead of ten.

I personally think the 1LE package looks dramatically worse the the SS, the hood and tires are my least favorite of any trim or option.
You must be the one guy who prefers a narrower, less grippy tire haha. The SS 1LE tires are awesome if you ask me. Plus those tires contain one of, if not the best looking OEM wheels to ever grace a Camaro. As for the hood, it's just a wrap. If you don't like it, pull it off...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #23
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Sorry, used a wrong term, fixed it.

Oh I like wide but those wheels are outdone looks wise by everything except maybe the 50th wheels, the 50th wheel looks like it came off a Honda. The hood wrap has a purpose and taking it off negates some of the uniqueness of the package, but the color doesn't go so well with a bunch of the colors. Hugger orange with a black hood = awesome, HBM or GRT- not so much.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #24
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Not if you're a car guy who appreciates a unique, low production model, or someone who enjoys lots of canyon/mountain carving.
But, in reference to your comment, isn't a 2SS like you have also a waste of money? I mean, wouldn't a v6 or 2.0 turbo be just as good?
For a guy who wants a v6, or 2.0....well yes. You answered your own question. Its great having options, isn't it??? Op asked a question. I answered.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #25
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Thanks guys. I also have to remember that since I date ladies that are age appropriate getting in and out of the recaros may be a bit much for them.
This gives me a little more insight. My suggestion is the 2SS. You won't be tracking the car so no real need for the eDiff on the street. Both cars have the same engine and HP. Same manual transmission and better mileage on the 2SS because of rear gearing. An automatic transmission is an option on the 2SS only. The 2SS will be a plusher version of the two models. A plus with women and dating. If you like the 1LE wheels and tires they can be bought through vendors on this site. Most people will not be able to tell the difference between the two. So my opinion is a 2SS with mag ride and NPP. No matter what you decide, enjoy your new car.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #26
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
You can drive aggressively just fine on the 2SS. It's capabilities will not be reached on the street at all.
This ^^^^

It's not like the 5th gen that had issues the 1LE solved. The 6th gen is already track capable. I don't care what you are doing or where you're driving you are not going to find this cars handling limits on the streets.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #27
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
You take the 2SS - start adding mag ride, NPP, wider aftermarket tires maybe even 6 piston LPO's and you start getting to the point where I start to wonder what your employee pricing will be on the ZL1.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #28
fzr100098
Banned

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I was in the same quandary as the OP, but I agree with what most are saying, for a daily driver (in nice weather, assuming that's what are using the car for), the SS makes more sense. I'm not crazy about the satin black hood in any color except black, the wider tires are just more $$$ (and I'll probably put all-seasons on it anyway, living in NC where I can drive this car 11 months out of the year or better), and the firmer suspension won't make much of a difference unless you have access to mountain roads. Less wheel gap in a nice plus but easily done with regular SS. The claimed 3 sec per lap advantage of the ILE is all in the tires and suspension - I believe the brakes are similar just painted red?
fzr100098 is offline   Reply With Quote