Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #29
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
This type of thing is why I hate people....
Check out kttxz06's responses, though. There is always hope. And many times all it takes to dispel the darkness is a single candle (LED of course, heh), philosophically speaking.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #30
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Haha, I agree. Unfortunately, there are some fkd up people out there that would even think about doing it. The fact that they had to mentally think about hating that much first, then grabbing whatever they used to do the damage is pretty messed up.

The action itself isn't even the worse part. It's the................"thought" that counts so to speak. It was done out of pure hate and jealousy.

Karma. It will come around that's for sure. It's just none of us will never know about it, but rest assured, it will come around.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #31
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Well find out. If you need some funds help, just holla. And yw. It's all good. Dilly dilly.
This is the nicest thing i have ever heard of someone that would do that for a total stranger on this forum. You my friend are more then generous and i have the upmost respect for you and your willingness to go out of your way. Made my day just knowing there are great people like you in this world still.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #32
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I would try an orange or microfiber cutting pad and some Meguiar's M105 on a dual action polisher first. You are looking at $500 per panel at the body shop. So even if yo have to buy the polisher, it could save you a bunch of money.

Here's a video of me polishing out a deep scratch with that combo.

KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #33
KirkH

Quote:
Reminds me of what a wise man said once:

"I hate people. They're the worst."

Old 11-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #34
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
This is the nicest thing i have ever heard of someone that would do that for a total stranger on this forum. You my friend are more then generous and i have the upmost respect for you and your willingness to go out of your way. Made my day just knowing there are great people like you in this world still.
Well, the guy obviously needs help. If a few more members could throw in a few hundred bux, he wouldn't have to worry about getting his car fixed.

I mean, I ain't rich enough to help everyone, but I think we have enough members on here to prob help out everyone whenever they have an issue.

Maybe the forum can come up with an account where people can donate to help out other members.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #35
DennyUlpierre

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I went to 2 body shops today and unfortunately they both were in agreement that the door would need to be repainted, One of the body shops thinks that the scratches on the bumper can be buffed out, The cost is definitely more than I expected, They cited the metallic blue paint and the fact that it is a 3 stage for the high cost.

MTJ Body Shop which is the first one I visited quoted a total price of $1105 to repaint/refinish both the door and the bumper, I asked them how much the door by itself would cost since I obviously can't afford to do the full job, The door alone is $810.

"Johnny's Team Body Shop" Was the second shop I visited, They seem to think that only the door needs to be repainted and the bumper can be buffed out, I don't know if I should trust these guys as they don't have any reviews online, They assured me they would use the factory paint and that it would blend perfectly, Their quote was $700 to repaint the door and buff out the bumper.

Amazing how someone can cause so much damage on a car with a key in what was probably 5 seconds, I wonder what goes through these peoples heads when they decide to do this to other peoples property, Do they get any satisfaction out of this? Or are there lives really that pathetic?
DennyUlpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #36
KirkH

You could polish it out the best you can until you can afford to get it repainted. You can make it much less noticeable. There are tons of youtube videos, and the autogeek online forum is a great resource. You can buy a polishing combo kit with polisher, pads, and polish for less than $250. It is not hard to do.

https://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-meguiars-kit.html

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-po...ble-combo.html

https://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424-kit.html
Old 11-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #37
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
After seeing your pics, this is going to be more than $1,000. Report it to insurance and see if body shop will work with you on deductible. Both door and bumper need to be painted.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #38
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyUlpierre View Post
I went to 2 body shops today and unfortunately they both were in agreement that the door would need to be repainted, One of the body shops thinks that the scratches on the bumper can be buffed out, The cost is definitely more than I expected, They cited the metallic blue paint and the fact that it is a 3 stage for the high cost.

Pretty sure the blue is not 3 stage. Not all pearl paints are 3 stage now a days. Pretty sure Garnet Red is the only 3 stage on the Camaro
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #39
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
After seeing your pics, this is going to be more than $1,000. Report it to insurance and see if body shop will work with you on deductible. Both door and bumper need to be painted.
Just be careful with shops that waive or lower deductibles. That money has to come from somewhere and it’s not you or the insurance company. The only thing left is the body shops profit which can mean cutting corners a lot of times.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #40
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
You could polish it out the best you can until you can afford to get it repainted. You can make it much less noticeable. There are tons of youtube videos, and the autogeek online forum is a great resource. You can buy a polishing combo kit with polisher, pads, and polish for less than $250. It is not hard to do.

https://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-meguiars-kit.html

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-po...ble-combo.html

https://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424-kit.html
Agee with this. But I used a cheap buffer and meguiars ($60 total maybe for everything) and was able to remove all kinds of scratches and swirls in my last car.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #41
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Yours might be deeper but here is what I had to deal with and was able to buff out. If you can’t see metal it isn’t past the clear coat and paint. Buff it and polish it and see how it looks, if it’s stiill slightly visible you can wet sand it very lightly to remove it, that’s what I did in these photos.
Attached Images

Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #42
DennyUlpierre

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Bought some Meguiars Scratch X just to see if i can at least make it less noticeable, In terms of the bumper there is a marginal improvement, It looks about 50% better, I don't know if this thing is actually removing the scratches or just hiding it, I applied just one pass with minimum pressure since i don't know how easy it is to eat through the clear coat.

The door seems like a lost cause though, I applied the product and rubbed it for about the same amount of time i did the bumper and i didn't see any improvement at all.

heres the bumper:

Before:

Name:  before.jpeg
Views: 232
Size:  38.6 KB

After:

Name:  After.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  160.1 KB
Name:  After 2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  160.7 KB