Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #29
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I've had my 1SS for 22 months, 17K+ miles. Only issue has been with the MyLink radio cutting on and off and no USB connection. It has been replaced twice but has been working flawlessly now since May '14. Everything else in quality, workmanship, assembly, etc. is top notch.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #30
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
I could complain about the paint and the paper thin metal on the doors. After that my main beef is with dealers. I'm sure their are a few good ones out there but most I have been to just plain suck. They see us as cash cows to milk money out of. True customer service is a thing of the past and something for historians to write about. I took my 2013 2LT/RS in for an oil change and they overfilled it by 1.5 quarts. Their excuse was they don't see many of the V6 Camaro's and did not realize it took so long for the old oil to drain out. Real experts!!!
And some guy in another thread was hagging on us for doing our own oil changes...haha! I've had two gen 5s now and have been happy with everything except paint strength and musty smell from the ac vents... Everything was nice and tight on my 2011 RS at 46,000 miles when I traded it in. Still felt as tight as brand new....
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #31
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
Weatherstripping on pass. door falling out. pushed back in 3 times and then replaced.

BCM bad. Affected the remote control and the TPMS. Took 7 trips to get fixed. Told it was a bad wire.

Trim on bottom of pass. door sill plate 3 trips to get fixed.

Intermittently the top would not go down. I would get a message either "Battery low; top disabled" or "Top no latched". Engine was running and the voltmeter showed proper voltage. Took 8 trips to get fixed, maybe.

Front end alignment out of range on one setting.

When met with selling dealer about all the problems and the number of trips required to get them fixed his first response was "Well, GM is not going to buy the car back!". I had never suggested or even hinted at that. I would have thought that a concerned dealer would have at least started his reply with something like "I am sorry that you are having so many problems. We will try to get them fixed." Later I found tha under NC Lemon Law I may have had a case for GM buying the car back, but that is not what I want. I got the car outfitted the way I wanted and am happy with it, when there are no problems.
GM might have to buy the car back. What you describe falls under the lemon laws in Texas. It's a pretty straight forward process with surprisingly little paperwork required. You have two years in Texas, check out your state's lemon laws.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #32
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
The quality of today's cars is amazing, especially when you consider how complex they've become. We've had very few problems with vehicles over the past 20 years. Our Mazda never went to the shop for anything other than regular service. We got 15 years out of a Ford F150. My wife loved that truck so much she replaced the heater core at 12 years when I wanted to buy her another truck to drive. I've had two Dodge diesels in that time and put over 250K on one and expect the current one to go at least that far. Our Jeep Cherokee has been an excellent vehicle.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #33
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
Weatherstripping on pass. door falling out. pushed back in 3 times and then replaced.

BCM bad. Affected the remote control and the TPMS. Took 7 trips to get fixed. Told it was a bad wire.

Trim on bottom of pass. door sill plate 3 trips to get fixed.

Intermittently the top would not go down. I would get a message either "Battery low; top disabled" or "Top no latched". Engine was running and the voltmeter showed proper voltage. Took 8 trips to get fixed, maybe.

Front end alignment out of range on one setting.

When met with selling dealer about all the problems and the number of trips required to get them fixed his first response was "Well, GM is not going to buy the car back!". I had never suggested or even hinted at that. I would have thought that a concerned dealer would have at least started his reply with something like "I am sorry that you are having so many problems. We will try to get them fixed." Later I found tha under NC Lemon Law I may have had a case for GM buying the car back, but that is not what I want. I got the car outfitted the way I wanted and am happy with it, when there are no problems.
I seriously Suggest looking into the Lemon Law..
Old 10-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #34
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Wouldn't that have been a concern when you bought it? I know that when I buy a car, the whole vehicle has to appeal to me. I always thought the Mustangs were nice, until I looked at the interior.. I hated it until they changed it in the 2008/2009 time frame. I also loved the Impala, but I could never get past the dash and how the interior was. I never bought either of those vehicles because I did not like the interior...
Yea I hear ya on everything including the interior has to have an appeal. I didn't like the Mustang because I felt like I was sitting and driving in a F150 when I was driving it and the Camaro had the fighter jet-like cockpit.... The materials might not be 24k gold, but the design and ergonomics feels more sport car-like.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #35
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
No problems in 3 years .
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #36
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
I agree with OP. The quality of these new cars are sub par. Paint issues, computer issues, plastic trim falling out, weatherstripping falling out, front end clicking noises, heater core problems, bad axles, etc. you would think after years of building cars they could figure out how to keep a piece of weatherstripping from falling out. Let's face it, they don't care about anything but the almighty dollar. Once they have your hard earned money they couldn't care less if your car is fixed.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #37
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
To the OP:

I got my car in Orlando but I was living in Jacksonville NC at the time. I investigated the NC lemon law thing & before I told them I got it in Florida, they informed me I DID have a case, but I'd have to use the FL lemon law process..

I ended up starting the lemon law process, but then GM offered me about $2800 and an extended warranty (an extra 3 years/35k miles on the top & a bunch of different systems like doors, windows & more)

Starting the lemon law process may have gotten you something; you could include the DEALER in the lawsuit and that would likely have gotten you better service from them. The dealership in Jacksonville, NC wasn't much better than what you're describing from Wilmington
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #38
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Had my car for three years haven't had issues yet.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #39
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
5 years last month and over 43,000 miles. Not a single trip to the dealer to take care of any issues.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #40
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
2 years and 30,000 miles not one problem except a little sunroof rattle but it's not bad enough to risk taking to the dealer lol. I think the quality is very high on these cars, but there will always be some bad ones.. it worries me a little that the 6th gen is being built in detroit. I'm not sure the quality will be as good as the Oshawa plant.
I think it is not your sunroof that is rattling. I found out the it was the slide rattling when it was all the way back on mine. I don't have a fix for it, but if I pull it forward a little bit, it stops. Annoying...
Old 10-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #41
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Haven't been to the dealer since I bought it in 09.

Only things that broke were trim pieces I broke because I did not remove them properly. Less than $20 each time.

If you folks think the quality is bad on these cars, you would have thought my 71 Cuda sucked azz.

I drive a lot of cars from rental car companies and my favorites are the GMs. Just had a Kia last week, what a POS.

Worked on lots of different cars and maybe it's just that I'm used to GMs, but they sure seem easier to work on, almost like somebody thought about it during the design phase.

I don't particularly like the furin' jobs because they always feel like they were made for someone without testicles, but I could be biased.

To me GMs are like good dogs, you can abuse the shite out of them and they just come back for more.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
On my 2010 I had one small warranty claim in 2 1/2 years and 27,000 miles. On my 2012 I have had 2 warranty claims in 2 years and 4 months and 23,000 miles. The biggest issue was the top replacement that took several visits and two dealers to fix. But all is well now.