Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #1
Blobby

Drives: Former Owner '16 Camaro 2LT V6 conv
The incessant dinging!!

What’s with all the alarms this daggum car has? Wish I could mute them. Start the car, ding ding you are driver two, ding ding seatbelt even though you’re in park. I take off the parking brake and ding ding push the brake to disengage parking brake, oh you did, ding ding parking brake released. Ding ding device connected. Sometimes I get an unidentified ding after moving for a few seconds.

And then just an annoyance with auto headlights. I turn the car off and the lights turn off. They turn back on when I open the door. Does it think I was going to crawl out the window?
Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Because people are dumb and can't manage themselves without The Man intervening to save them from themselves.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:37 AM   #3
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Lawyers, liability, and the fact we are an idiocracy now
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobby View Post
What’s with all the alarms this daggum car has? Wish I could mute them. Start the car, ding ding you are driver two, ding ding seatbelt even though you’re in park. I take off the parking brake and ding ding push the brake to disengage parking brake, oh you did, ding ding parking brake released. Ding ding device connected. Sometimes I get an unidentified ding after moving for a few seconds.

And then just an annoyance with auto headlights. I turn the car off and the lights turn off. They turn back on when I open the door. Does it think I was going to crawl out the window?
Agreed totally! It’s ridiculous.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #5
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
I think most of that stuff is programable to ding when you want or even shut it off. Also the loudness of the dings can be softened I believe. I have a 1LT LT1 , no dings whatsover.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobby View Post

It's funny how we are all different. I somehow "tune-out" all the chimes and messages when I get in to drive. I must just be focused on how much I like driving the car! .............. And maybe the step where I make sure to engage the auto rev match. Ironically, it would be nice if that one could be set in a menu system as "always on".
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #7
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
The seatbelt chime is the worst and the loudest. I always wear my seatbelt but I don’t always fasten it before starting the car.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:39 AM   #8
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Put your freaking seatbelt on.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #9
FlowTie

Drives: ZL1-1LE 6MT
I'm with OP on this one. Automakers need to stop it with all the nanny annoyances. I'm a grown man at least let me turn it off, I mean for the love of Pete these things are getting totally out of hand. I'd like to know of any time any American automaker was threatened with legal action because they sold a car that didn't crawl eight miles up...nevermind. I'm just saying it's a seat belt warning not a child in my blind spot, let me turn this crap off. Though furthermore, the collision detection in my daily has all the composure of Chicken Little. Never once has it actually proven itself useful, not once. Call me old school I guess, because I look around for people and obstacles when moving the vehicle.

FWIW you can buy unbelted male buckles to stick in the female seat belt latch, should retard the dinging. I use one in my daily because it also does the cute beeping trick with no ability to turn off, and a slew of other nonsense that exists solely to irritate me into textbook methods of operation and/or simple occupation. Just search for "seat belt alarm stopper" or something of the like. That said, in performance cars or anytime I am driving anyone else in anything I always wear my seat belt.
FlowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #10
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
Lawyers, liability, and the fact we are an idiocracy now
I like your username. And yes, I have one... ;-)
Old 11-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #11
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I like automatic headlight.

No more drained batteries.

No more driving with DRLs, thinking the headlights are on. How many clueless drivers do you see with DRLs on at night, no tail lights or side markers?

Plenty.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #12
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Put your freaking seatbelt on.
Mind your own business.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #13
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
I turned mine down.
I hate having to press the brake to start the car. (6m)

First world problems, right.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #14
Blobby

Drives: Former Owner '16 Camaro 2LT V6 conv
I generally don’t mind seatbelt alarms. I always have mine buckled. It’s just that they typically don’t kick in till you shift to drive. And I have the dings turned all the way down, it’s just that I’d like to see whatever info I have chosen without waiting for 20 seconds of alarms to finish. It’s especially annoying when I fill the tank and want to plug the mileage into fuelly.
Blobby is offline   Reply With Quote