Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #113
Shock Em

Drives: '15 AGM 2SS/RS, '12 ZX6R
Stupid if you ask me, running Camaro generations at 10+ years, then hit a goldmine with 5th gens and cut it short.
Shock Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:05 AM   #114
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
Stupid if you ask me, running Camaro generations at 10+ years, then hit a goldmine with 5th gens and cut it short.
i agree i dont know why they cuting the 5th gen so short

i mean the 4th gen ran from 92 to 02 right? why cut this one short this is the best selling best looking hottest camaro ever made

for the first time EVER the camaro is beating the mustang in everthing sales votes awards EVERTHING and there going to cut it short i mean the 4th gen died due to lack of sales sorry but fact

so i mean they could have killed the 4th gen alot earlyer then 02 but they did not so this logic makes no sence to me

(i am not bashing 4th gen here pardon me if you feel like i am)

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #115
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Maybe they're that desperate to cut weight which is cost prohibitive on the current platform? At some point, adding power is unrealistic for the desired price point.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #116
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
i agree i dont know why they cuting the 5th gen so short

i mean the 4th gen ran from 92 to 02 right? why cut this one short this is the best selling best looking hottest camaro ever made

for the first time EVER the camaro is beating the mustang in everthing sales votes awards EVERTHING and there going to cut it short i mean the 4th gen died due to lack of sales sorry but fact

so i mean they could have killed the 4th gen alot earlyer then 02 but they did not so this logic makes no sence to me

(i am not bashing 4th gen here pardon me if you feel like i am)
I still think the 6th Gen won't see production until a year or two after the ATS hits the street.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #117
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast

Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
I say follow Fords new Turbo 6cyl. truck direction.. I watched something on Speed channel about that truck and it's potential, and coming from someone as GM biased as I, I am VERY impressed...

That being said, do a search for Callaway C4 Corvette.. I think if he is still alive, that he should be brought back to help us out with our power, fuel and reliability direction... I don't recall the exact year, but late 80's, early 90's, they made a C4 Vette with Twin-Turbo's do 254.8 miles per hour. What's even more amazing, is that they drove this car TO the track, made that record, then drove it home!! GM even put this vehicle up for sale WITH A WARRANTY.. Hell, the driver of the car was John Lingenfelter himself... GREAT video..

Anywho... I have faith in GM.. I may not have always agreed with the choices made, but they do come through when it counts.
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #118
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryg75 View Post
I work at a Chevy dealer in OH and have a customer (whose bought at least 6 car's in the last 3 yrs from us and is as reliable as a sunset) whose son works at the factory in BG (for 10 yrs). It's supposedly for the 60th anniv and to top the new Viper that's rumored to push 710hp. And i'm sure it would be of ZR1 caliber so it's not like it's going to be a base model $50G car. If I thought it was BS I wouldn't have mentioned it. And its a fact that the 'vette is moving to a 5.5ltr in the future. Don't be suprised if you see this engine in the future SS Camaro.
It's not fact because it's a RACE-ONLY engine.

And those who truly know don't talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore. The competition is moving fast and GM needs to keep up.

I get why so many 5th gen owners are resisting this. You all want your cars to stay current. But GM is a business. They can't give in to sentiment. If Ford's releasing a new Mustang mid-decade, then GM needs to be ready to counter it.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #119
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

I get why so many 5th gen owners are resisting this. You all want your cars to stay current. But GM is a business. They can't give in to sentiment. If Ford's releasing a new Mustang mid-decade, then GM needs to be ready to counter it.
I think most Gen5 (me included) would love to have a short run on Gen5s (just like the Gen1s) as long as the Z28 is produced on a Gen5. We own living legends. The next generation could be a better overall seller, but it's going to be hard to repeat another breath taking style. I'm not saying the Gen6 won't be a big hit, but we all know it'll have to be lighter, better visibility, better gas mileage, and more global appealing.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #120
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Any pix or descriptions of body changes yet?
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #121
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
As a 5th Generation owner, it would not bother me one bit to see only a 5 year run, but I have a hard time thinking GM will not make a minor exterior change on the 5th Gen before it ends. By that I am talking a noticable grill and or tail light change on the base and SS Camaros.
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #122
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
As a 5th Generation owner, it would not bother me one bit to see only a 5 year run, but I have a hard time thinking GM will not make a minor exterior change on the 5th Gen before it ends. By that I am talking a noticable grill and or tail light change on the base and SS Camaros.

Yea, I totally agree on this. You gotta believe the so called mid-cycle change will be on the 2013 model.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #123
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i don't know if it will be turbo or not, but it seems 4 cyl are the wave of the future. People can scream about it, and i don't love it, but at the same time they aren't the same 4 cyls from 30 years ago.

The day that Chevrolet puts a Turbo 4 in a Newer Generation Camaro is the day that I never buy another American Car. That also being said if the Camaro is changed to a Turbo 6 the same idea applies to me.

I'm fine if they keep the economy version with a V6 or whatever but don't get rid of the V8. A Camaro without a V8 is like sex without the woman IMHO.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #124
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
The day that Chevrolet puts a Turbo 4 in a Newer Generation Camaro is the day that I never buy another American Car. That also being said if the Camaro is changed to a Turbo 6 the same idea applies to me.

I'm fine if they keep the economy version with a V6 or whatever but don't get rid of the V8. A Camaro without a V8 is like sex without the woman IMHO.
I don't ever see a V8 not being an option. But the cost of entry for the 8 will just be much higher than current pricing.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #125
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
The amount of time energy and money that went into our current Zeta platform makes me think it isn't going anywhere soon. Look at the performance it offers straight off the lot. The sales have been strong in a raunchy economy. I would love the current Gen 5 to be retired immediately as it would guarantee mine near certain classic status, but l I think Chevy will continue to make them and make the money off them for quite a while yet.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #126
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
GM always takes two years to fix things in a model, 2012 will fix things from 2010 (and 2011), Remember the 2004 Impala SS, 2006 was perfect, and they cancelled it soon after.
Camaro will improve over time and go on different platforms, at least we probably will not have what Ford did with the Mustang years ago when they put it on the MaveriK(?) frame.
I would love to have a 2.0l turbo with DSG 6 spd. transmission like VW and Audi have, lighter weight and maybe 2.5l turbo. Had a 2007 VW EOS and older Passat with that engine and with EOS got 35+ mpg on highway and good performance, of course I must add that the EOS was sold to my son to buy the Camaro.
Final point, we have to change things in Washington, MPG keeps going up, no-one wants the small cars, we will not be able to buy Camaro's in the future, if we would drill for our own oil, we would have plenty, just like natural gas seems to be found in the Eastern states, now no shortage.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote