Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #71
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
I hope it is FI. My last car is FI and I got 27-30mpg in stop and go traffic. It sees almost all traffic mileage. Really blew me away. When you get on it, it really gets moving especially when your car is 2800lbs. You can't replace the sound of a V8, but I can sure live with better MPG over sound.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #72
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I didn't read beyond the first post.............

Funny thing: I've never seen ANYONE from Automotive News in any product planning session..............................

not one person!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #73
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Funny thing: I've never seen ANYONE from Automotive News in any product planning session..............................

not one person!

Good enough for me. LOL

But, wait...... couldn't they have heard from someone?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #74
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

not one person!
SEE ?!?!?!?

If you dont believe me, then please believe Scott.

When auto journalists dont have news to report, they make it up. PERIOD.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #75
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
nice update, they said its going to be smaller and i am guessing its going to be lighter as well. 2015 is a long way away a lot could change by then. this is probably my last camaro i will buy for a while. probs going with M power performance next. but i will all ways be interested in what is going on with the camaros.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #76
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
from nhtsa.gov

To me, NASCAR has broken this ground pounding out 700 hp race cars fueled with E85. I think this may be the answer to CAFE restrictions.
The answer to CAFE restrictions is to eliminate CAFE dictates, and the illegitimate federal bureaucracies that enforce CAFE, and other aspects of the auto industry, that nearly destroyed the industry (GM, bankrupt, Chrysler, bankrupt).
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #77
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Good enough for me. LOL

But, wait...... couldn't they have heard from someone?
I love quoting myself!

"Those who talk don't know, because those who know...don't talk."

I noticed when reading through that nifty little information snippet...that the part about Alpha read a lot like a pure assumption. As though their "sources" (see above) couldn't say more than "new version in 2014" and they extrapolated from there....Is it entirely out of the question to expect a less drastic change to the Camaro? I mean, it'd be barely 4 years old in 2014...a little early for a ground-up, brand-new model, imo.....especially after they just finished doing that exact same thing in 2009...

Just my .02.

I love the rumormill. It's been a long time....

OH...and before I forget...there's no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that the V8 will disappear. Get more expensive, used in less models? Sure. Although even that doesn't mean performance will suffer at all. But keep the faith that where there's a Camaro - there'll be a V8.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #78
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
this is still 4 years away....too much time ahead to even speculate

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #79
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
nice update, they said its going to be smaller and i am guessing its going to be lighter as well. 2015 is a long way away a lot could change by then. this is probably my last camaro i will buy for a while. probs going with M power performance next. but i will all ways be interested in what is going on with the camaros.

I'm looking at getting a white Yamaha R6 this year so I have another toy to play around with. Also looking at a 08 CTS-V down the road, this Camaro will be my last for awhile. Definitely my last BLACK car, ever.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #80
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNVenom View Post
Offer me a turbocharged *anything* from corporate GM and I'm all over it.

But,

Make it at least a six cylinder engine. Turbo Camaro, AKA "SSX", do I see another Buick GN car-like creature?

Absolutely.

Hint to Corvette: You're gonna need a turbo....and don't forget, the very first Corvette was in fact a six cylinder.

The playing field was tilted when GM put the 3.8L turbocharged intercooled engine in the lineup...if you can remember, it was the fastest US production car in those years (86-87) and yep, even quicker than the treasured 'Vette.

Do it again GM - c'mon, do it again.
Couldnt agree with you more...... syclone caugh caugh typhoon? grand national....all done in the 80's imagine the precision of the times now and a knarly turbo app.

JASON
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #81
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I love quoting myself!

"Those who talk don't know, because those who know...don't talk."

I noticed when reading through that nifty little information snippet...that the part about Alpha read a lot like a pure assumption. As though their "sources" (see above) couldn't say more than "new version in 2014" and they extrapolated from there....Is it entirely out of the question to expect a less drastic change to the Camaro? I mean, it'd be barely 4 years old in 2014...a little early for a ground-up, brand-new model, imo.....especially after they just finished doing that exact same thing in 2009...

Just my .02.

I love the rumormill. It's been a long time....

OH...and before I forget...there's no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that the V8 will disappear. Get more expensive, used in less models? Sure. Although even that doesn't mean performance will suffer at all. But keep the faith that where there's a Camaro - there'll be a V8.
Yer so sensible.

Sometimes 'common' makes the most sense............ Dude, no shit, I just made that up.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #82
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yer so sensible.

Sometimes 'common' makes the most sense............ Dude, no shit, I just made that up.
We should go into desk-calendar writing together. Make up quotes for each day...

NO, DUDE - Fortune Cookies!!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #83
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
We should go into desk-calendar writing together. Make up quotes for each day...

NO, DUDE - Fortune Cookies!!
I'll call the printer and baker.

Name:  DSC01878.JPG
Views: 4313
Size:  163.8 KB

Name:  sdfg.jpg
Views: 3840
Size:  171.8 KB
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #84
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
A smaller & lighter car, would also allow for smaller size engine and it all adds up to less cost, better price for the car. GM is working a new performance engine for the Vette and Camaro that will compete with European engines. And that will be in the 6th gen. A small V8, high revving Turbo... :-)
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote