Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-03-2017, 06:00 AM   #85
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains View Post
Just to follow up, Lone Star in Houston were wonderful in taking care of me and my car. They went straight to converter replacement, and it solved the issue 100%.
How many Miles did you have on the car? Dealer told me GM would not let them just do the converter. They had to do the flush first. My car only had 1800 miles one it
Old 03-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #86
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
kinda crazy to think, many are getting a replaced converter, and this problem a few of you are having, it has to be more. shouldn't a recall be out by now?

also for those that had it replaced, check in from time to time if ya don't mind. basically if it comes back or not...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #87
Brains

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle 2ss View Post
How many Miles did you have on the car? Dealer told me GM would not let them just do the converter. They had to do the flush first. My car only had 1800 miles one it
Mine had 4300 when I brought it in. I was very thorough with the description of the issue, conditions under which you could reliably recreate it, etc. There were a ton of miles put on my car by the time it came back (more than I expected, honestly) but it did come back right and that's what matters.
Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #88
ponch333

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralus View Post
Took my Camaro SS with less than 1500 miles to Ourisman Chevy in Bowie for all the reasons stated above and of course they weren't able to feel anything. So I set up an appointment to drive with the technician next Friday.

Additionally, does anyone notice the trans slips going form 4th to 5th gear and bogs down? It never fails and I feel like both issues are related.
I bought a 2017 2.0 with the A8 from Ourisman in Bowie. The problem I'm having is a little different. The trans will not downshift to 1st gear when stopping intermittently. It shudders when coming to a stop and then I put the shifter in manual mode and see it is in 3rd gear. The car won't move from a stop when in third gear so this is dangerous at an intersection. If i tap paddle downshift it eventually goes into 1st. Anyway the Bowie Ourisman dealership can find nothing wrong. I have an appt to take it to Waldorf Chevrolet. I'm gonna drop it off and tell them not to call me til it's fixed.
ponch333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #89
ponch333

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 A8
Where is the GM PERSON that is always on these forums reminding people that GM will do everything they can to remedy the problems we are all having?
ponch333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:00 AM   #90
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Picked up the car on Sat. Have to put at lest 200 miles on it before they change the converter. But honestly the car feels a lot better. I don't think the problem will come back but we will see. If the car had more miles on it i think they would of change the converter first. So my guess is if you have low miles the 3 times flush works but i will keep u posted.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #91
Immoralus

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch333 View Post
I bought a 2017 2.0 with the A8 from Ourisman in Bowie. The problem I'm having is a little different. The trans will not downshift to 1st gear when stopping intermittently. It shudders when coming to a stop and then I put the shifter in manual mode and see it is in 3rd gear. The car won't move from a stop when in third gear so this is dangerous at an intersection. If i tap paddle downshift it eventually goes into 1st. Anyway the Bowie Ourisman dealership can find nothing wrong. I have an appt to take it to Waldorf Chevrolet. I'm gonna drop it off and tell them not to call me til it's fixed.
Please keep me posted with your results in Waldorf. Yea your issue sounds like more of a ECM/TCM issue, however it needs to be fixed.

I've sorta given up, did a muffler delete, and now it's audible. You can now hear the transmission slipping. I'm contemplating dropping it back off at Bowie while I'm away on business.

I've called Chevy Customer Service and they were of no help. Just gave me a simple "Sorry, if the dealership can't find any issues, there's not much we can do...best of luck,buck."

The shudder is annoying but the fact that I can hear my trans slip wot going from 4th-5th is causing me to lose races lol.
Immoralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #92
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
22k miles on mine and this shudder effect while in v4 mode just started to appear. Mine shudders while in v4 mode with light acceleration for the entire time the car is in v4 mode. Once I am back in v6 mode it smooths out Time to take it in I guess.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #93
Jay-ke

Drives: 2017 camaro 2ss 50th aniv
I have recently notice this on my 2017 fifty with 1200 miles on it..heading to the dealer 2maro from an oil change and also to discuss this issue with them
Jay-ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #94
thornstein

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Experiencing it myself. Called the dealer today and he's the one who suggested it was the TC before I could finish. And, they're going to replace the engine covers with the red flaking paint as well. 2016 2SS, convertible. 17000 miles. Goes in Wednesday and he said he wanted to keep it for 2 days.
thornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #95
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Dealer did the trans flush on mine about 250 miles ago. So far so good. No more issues.
If it comes back then they will change the TC.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM   #96
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
GM/Chevrolet really should put out a bulletin on this - Even just for the transmission flush. If the Transmission Flush can Prevent them from having to replace TC's for cars that are not experiencing the issue but might later on that has to save them a ton of money.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #97
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
GM/Chevrolet really should put out a bulletin on this - Even just for the transmission flush. If the Transmission Flush can Prevent them from having to replace TC's for cars that are not experiencing the issue but might later on that has to save them a ton of money.
There is one already but they certainly are not going to pay(or put a recall out) to flush every A8 car produced even if they are not experiencing an issue. It's a small percentage of cars that have the problem. Many do not have it at all.

The transmission fluid for these A8's is expensive. 3 full flushes is easily $300+ in fluid, plus filter cost, plus labor.

There seems to be a correlation with cars that experience the issue and how long it has been a problem before the owner takes it in for service in regards to having the flush fix the issue or requiring a new Torque Converter. If you do not address the issue quickly with your dealer then the flush probably won't solve your problem because the TC was damaged. But if you address right away you usually won't need a new TC. That is the consensus that my Service Manager says that he has noticed with these cars.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #98
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
There is one already but they certainly are not going to pay(or put a recall out) to flush every A8 car produced even if they are not experiencing an issue. It's a small percentage of cars that have the problem. Many do not have it at all.

The transmission fluid for these A8's is expensive. 3 full flushes is easily $300+ in fluid, plus filter cost, plus labor.

There seems to be a correlation with cars that experience the issue and how long it has been a problem before the owner takes it in for service in regards to having the flush fix the issue or requiring a new Torque Converter. If you do not address the issue quickly with your dealer then the flush probably won't solve your problem because the TC was damaged. But if you address right away you usually won't need a new TC. That is the consensus that my Service Manager says that he has noticed with these cars.
I'd be curious to see if anyone who is having trouble notices the Trans Temp heating up faster or running hotter than cars without. I know it takes my trans forever to really heat up unless I'm using the paddles. And I've not experienced any issues yet.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote