Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
dadszl1
@dadszl1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
FL2K Street Car Class Runner Up

Hey all,
Just got done putting everything away/ washing etc and its tuesday

This past weekend I attended FL2K at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton, FL. For those of you who have been there know this is an excellent facility and the track is always hooking.

The classes were varied but I entered the Street Car Class, which is heads up/pro tree racing to include a 30mi street drive with eliminations immediately after. For those of you who follow my build I just recently did a 15" Carlyle Kit, rear sub lockout, and fresh fatties from mickey (Pro Bracket Radial) This event would be a great fit to do some testing.

I got ready on thursday for friday night T&T. Started getting the drag pack on and ran into a major dilemma. Wheels sent to me were incorrect bolt circle (they will remain nameless) I was devistated. Hotels, food, days off, etc... all out the window. It was all running thru my mind in a flash.

Some of you may know I'm affiliated with Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL as a customer. That being said the owner comes running out of the corner and goes "take these and get your ass to go get them mounted we got the rest." It took me a few seconds to realize I just want from losing my entire weekend to now being able to race again. Talk about an emotional rush.

We got that dilemma out of the way and I got to bradenton friday afternoon for some T&T. First pass off the trailer the car goes 9.76! 1.42 60' boom thats .06 right off the 60' from the best previous pass. Another hit and the car goes 9.73 I'm like ok the car is ready.

Saturday was a crazy day thousands there and I was battling some issues with my ice tank as it was taking forever to get to the lanes for a hit. I told myself I need to make an adjustment to how I'm dealing with this. They let us make one more hit late saturday night and the car goes 9.75 again. I qualified 20 out of 32 with that run.

Sunday was the street drive and eliminations. We wound up with a 15mi drive and right into the lanes for round one. The class got split 16/16 as there was a massive gap between fastest/slowest. I wound up in the slower 16 half.

Round 1: Win 9.76 @ 139
Round 2: Holeshot Win 9.70 @ 143
Round 3: Win 9.71 @ 142
Round 4 (final): Loss 10.18 @ 138 (I spun and the winner went 9.27)

My emotions were running wild during elims as I was focused on getting the blower temps iced and ice in the tank between rounds. My mind a mile a minute and I called my dad whos been racing for 40+ years. Tells me son just run your race dont worry about the other lane. Jesus was he right.

For those of you who've been to a multiple day event know how much work is involved making 9 hits over 3 days on not much sleep and food

I've been drag racing since I was 16 so I have some experience racing but this really isen't about me its about the increadible performance about this Redline Prepped ZL1. This unbelieveable machine just kept going rounds and it was deadly. All it needed was ice and meth all weekend. It just kept making hits i didnt touch a single tool all weekend. The car broke every one of its own records to include a best ET of 9.703 during an actual elimiation round.

The car went a difference of 6 hundeths in the ET and 3 hundreths in the 60' all weekend. The car was just dead nuts on.

So there I was standing in the winners circle trying to absorb it all when all the photogs started snapping away and they handed me a trophy. I still have to pinch myself.

Howard Tanner and crew at Redline Motorsports build and calibrate one hell of a machine paired with me in the drivers seat the car did the rest of the work.

Redline Motorsports can put you in the winners circle too!

As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate the smaller things in life and will cherish the increadible experience I had this past weekend drag racing. I saw some old faces, some new ones, and made some awesome new friends. Many thank you's to all the support from everyone on my socials, my parents, and my loving wife and 4 children who support my love of the sport.

You can see all the media on my IG page @dadszl1

Have a great night!
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Great job.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Wanted to make it down but got stuck in Orlando for the weekend. Seems like you had an awesome experience.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote