Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 12-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Tune issues or normal

I've been having this issue, it hasn't been a big deal but decided I would finally ask it. My car has most bolt on and tuned it runs great, but I've noticed two things. Sometimes when I do a pull in second it doesn't feel as strong as say third, but other times it feels strong. Second, if I start the car and I take off while it is cold, it sputters a little bit If I give it anymore gas than lets say 25%. Now if I give, it say 75%, it loses power and feels like it's missing or something. Once the car warms up, idling maybe 1 minute or driving maybe 2-3 minutes it goes away and doesn't come back. It only happens after the car has sat for say 6 hours or more and is cool, but seems to happen faster in the winter. Is this normal? It was tuned by Janetty, so I wouldn't think it would be in the tune.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:01 AM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
When it pulls harder in third than second do you have tc fully off?
Old 12-25-2020, 07:36 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I've been having this issue, it hasn't been a big deal but decided I would finally ask it. My car has most bolt on and tuned it runs great, but I've noticed two things. Sometimes when I do a pull in second it doesn't feel as strong as say third, but other times it feels strong. Second, if I start the car and I take off while it is cold, it sputters a little bit If I give it anymore gas than lets say 25%. Now if I give, it say 75%, it loses power and feels like it's missing or something. Once the car warms up, idling maybe 1 minute or driving maybe 2-3 minutes it goes away and doesn't come back. It only happens after the car has sat for say 6 hours or more and is cool, but seems to happen faster in the winter. Is this normal? It was tuned by Janetty, so I wouldn't think it would be in the tune.
2 places I would look, Plugs and wires.

Traction control system.

If plugs and wires are confirmed good.

Start the car, push and hold the traction control button down for 8 seconds, try and replicate the complaint.

Either one or both of these will resolve your description.

Merry Christmas.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:31 PM   #4
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
When I turn my traction off I only double tap the traction control in Sport mode, to where both lights come on, ill have to try and hold it and see what happens, thanks for the responses! I'll check my plugs tomorrow as well and report back in a few days. Merry Christmas to all and happy new year!
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote