Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #43
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I had A/S 3+ on my 1LE when I bought it and I hated them. They were not good in the rain at all and dry traction was.....lacking. Replaced them with BFG Comp 2 A/S Plus and have been nothing but happy with them.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #44
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I had A/S 3+ on my 1LE when I bought it and I hated them. They were not good in the rain at all and dry traction was.....lacking. Replaced them with BFG Comp 2 A/S Plus and have been nothing but happy with them.
Does the A/S in those BFGs tire name stand for All Season?

So far, I am liking the Michelins well enough, but it being cold weather and the car mostly in hibernation until spring, I haven't really wrung them out yet.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #45
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post

So far, I am liking the Michelins well enough, but it being cold weather and the car mostly in hibernation until spring, I haven't really wrung them out yet.

Yes. I wanted an All Season tire since I daily my 1LE year round. The BFGs have not disappointed. Great on wet or dry. That said, I'm not sure if they offer the BFGs in 6th gen sizes.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #46
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Yes. I wanted an All Season tire since I daily my 1LE year round. The BFGs have not disappointed. Great on wet or dry. That said, I'm not sure if they offer the BFGs in 6th gen sizes.
So glad to hear a good recommendation for an A/S.

I went and checked Tire Rack and Town Fair and they are available in gen 6 sizes! I'll keep them in mind for next time, even if I am happy with the Michelins, because those BFGs you mentioned are like $50 less per tire.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:50 PM   #47
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I am going with the G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS. As soon as the weather breaks (I know that sounds backwards) I will have them mounted.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #48
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post

I didn’t notice much difference in straight-line traction over the GY’s. Handling wise they were quite adequate. They were definitely quieter & offered better ride quality.

In the rain, night & day difference. You could actually give ‘er a good bit before they’d break loose & cornering was much more predictable.

Wear rating is well worth the trade-off. A closer balance would have been the PS4.

As for the BFG’s, those are the ones I wanted even though the complainants about road noise abounded, keep in mind those reviews from snobby BMW & Mercedes owners that, well, would probably complain about a free hummer. Loved the looks of them & I’ve been a BFG guy, but unfortunately no one had them in stock at the time when I really needed them.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 02-12-2021 at 03:09 PM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote