Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #71
kcl

Drives: z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
Will this work with a Roto-Fab CAI with sound tube delete?
I have not seen any pic of an install with a Roto-Fab CAI
assuming the dual port catch can, I believe you would need to make a hole in the rotofab before the TB to run the 2nd port to.
kcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:01 PM   #72
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Thanks again JCunningham, your pics spoke a thousand words!

James...I feel your pain, but I have to say you made me laugh with your comments...some funny shiet!
I hope it all worked out for you!

Yeah very frustrating, and strange how Elite has not chimed in once!

I wonder if they ever used the Blue Prints Cunningham sent them...probably not because they don't want to have to pay for it, or maybe they are trying to get a patent for it first.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:44 PM   #73
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i gave them the blueprints no charge but ya they probably dont want to pay to have them made.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #74
Cujo159

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm dragging this up from the dead.

I too have the E2-X can and am seriously frustrated with the lack of completeness of the "Kit" and utter lack of directions from a 6th gen camaro application. Thank you @JCunningham, kwav8r, and everyone else in the various forum posts that have either helped or come up with solutions.

I found a place on the back of the radiator fan to mount the Can but I'm not convinced it won't start to rotate with miles and vibrations. For now, I'm leaving it there until I decide what a better solution is prior to completing my install.

For the following, please see my attached picture. My goal is to minimize the number of extra parts I need and neither drill nor remove anything from the OEM system while maintaining all possible OEM lines in place.

Theoretical Solution:
There are the 2 "extraction" ports for the system; #1 is for the PCV system and number #2 for the CCV system. Can I connect #1 and #2 to the Catch Can intake line via a "T" connection, or are the pressures at these two ports different enough as to not allow proper function of the can when a vacuum is maintained on the can? If I were able to "T" these lines together, my plan would be to plum the exit lines as shown; one would go to the port behind the throttle body and one would go to the port behind MAF. The configuration would allow me to keep the sound tube and not have to find a way to cap it and prevent the need to drill an extra port into the intake tube. This would also remove the need for the clean-side oil filler cap replacement.

If the above "T" line solution is not possible due to pressure differences, do you have an adaptor to connect a Catch Can exit line to the existing sound tube elbow? Will this opening be too large to provide sufficient suction? Would it be beneficial to add one of your 1-way check valves to the clean-side extractor to the vacuum port behind the MAF?

Thanks in advance for the community's continued help.
Attached Images

Cujo159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:11 AM   #75
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
no you have to hook it up like i did. what you can do is find something to put in the air tube hole. its 1" then just drill it out and put a 3/8" barb fitting in it. or if keeping sound tube you can just drill a hole in your air tube and put the same barb fitting in it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #76
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
just got mine installed by lsxdr last week! it was a 3 port for a supecharger setup i got off a forum member but he made it work!
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2022, 04:29 PM   #77
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
This thread comes up on a lot of "catch can" searches so I thought I would add my recent install info here. Hope it helps those that go with the Single Exit kit.

Purchased the Elite Engineering E2 can for the 2016+ Camaro with the Single Exit port. In addition to the catch can kit, I ordered 2 of the GM OEM Quick Disconnect fittings as well.

GM OEM Quick Disconnect Fitting - STRAIGHT

This video shows to how to attach the hoses to the can.
Install Hoses on Ferrule Fittings - Elite Engineering - Catch Can

Installation is pretty straight forward. I used the same "hot water" procedure to attach the 2 fittings to the hoses along with the supplied clamps. The fittings make it very easy to connect (and disconnect if need arises) the hoses to the engine and intake. All I had to remove was the driver side "Camaro" cover and then I could reach/disconnect the factory PCV tube and connect the catch can hoses. When mounting the catch can, there is a hard line (plastic hose) that runs right where the can sits. Move it to the side of the can (under the can mounting bracket) so as not to impede your ability to unscrew the can to dump the contents.
Attached Images

Current mileage: 310
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:55 AM   #78
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great pictures and Post! Thanks for sharing!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote