Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2021, 09:11 AM   #15
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
  • I'm sorry, I have to object to the "catastrophic failure" of ABS and traction control with this profile change.
  • I've done it in the past on either my 2008 M3 or 2012 AMG C63 - no problems whatsoever, maybe slight speedo variance.
  • Also, people are changing to winter tires with different aspect ratios without careening off the road.
  • I think we need a little realism break here.

Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
  • I'm sorry, I have to object to the "catastrophic failure" of ABS and traction control with this profile change.
  • I've done it in the past on either my 2008 M3 or 2012 AMG C63 - no problems whatsoever, maybe slight speedo variance.
  • Also, people are changing to winter tires with different aspect ratios without careening off the road.
  • I think we need a little realism break here.

Who said anything about catastrophic failure? 1.2" larger diameter is a lot as is the ~4.5% change in speedometer (particularly if only in the rear). It will also cause rubbing issues at the width in question. I'm just pointing out the possible impact it might have on stability control and ABS. Both were dialed in based on the original tires size (and performance levels of the tire). If someone is OK with these trade-offs and wants to test the impact to stability control / ABS on track, go ahead and report back with findings.

Did you track / autocross your M3 and C63 with this level of diameter change only in the rear?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #17
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Lots of people think the C4 is looking dated - I think it's a pretty classic design that still looks good today, especially with the right wheels and even more so in ZR-1 guise.
I could not agree more!

Name:  Forgestar rear quarter - fitment.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  270.1 KB