Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southwest

Phastek Performance

Old 03-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Trustworthy Chevrolet service Tucson/Oro Valley area

Hello everyone,
Just arrived in Oro Valley. Car being shipped from Chicago next week. Looking for a reputable Chevy dealership to have it’s first AZ oil change and minor warranty stuff addressed. Had our other car serviced @ Precision Toyota yesterday. They were awesome! I know Watson Chevy is close by but have seen mediocre reviews for them. Suggestions?
Old 03-28-2019, 06:18 AM   #2
Riylo
GL 2814.8

Drives: 2019 GL1
I have had two less than awesome experiences with Watson. I haven't tried O'Reilly.

Last edited by Riylo; 06-03-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Riylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I have had no real issues at Watson, but I have had friends who have. See Peter if you goto Watson, let him know you are in the Camaro Club here and are very knowledgable on your car. Also, we get a parts discount at O'Reilly Chevrolet, just let them know your in the club.
Sean
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #4
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNNZL1 View Post
I have had no real issues at Watson, but I have had friends who have. See Peter if you goto Watson, let him know you are in the Camaro Club here and are very knowledgable on your car. Also, we get a parts discount at O'Reilly Chevrolet, just let them know your in the club.
Sean
Thanks so much! Greatly appreciated
Old 06-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
Riylo
GL 2814.8

Well, now I've got experience at both. If you're one of those people that's on an internet forum but is allergic to reading: in short, go to Phoenix.

Watson
Watson took courtesy delivery from Becky. She knows what she's doing, so I'm going to assume everything from her end was solid; she was good with communication throughout.

One person was responsible for all the deliveries and he'd been with the company for many years; several years out of being a salesman himself and he seemed in charge of them in some way. We'll call him Horatio since that's the default name my brain spits out when I need an obvious placeholder.

He messed everything up. It's like he'd never handled this before. The wife and I were going to make a long list of everything he messed up but were too frustrated and just glad to be done with it when everything was over with. I do mean everything, though; I'll list what I can remember but it won't be much.

--He wasn't good with communication and took his time getting back to Becky as well.
--I was going to be in Israel for work when the car got there so I asked him to take pictures and/or video of the delivery. He said sure, he often did that for enthusiastic new owners. He didn't do any of that.
--He said the car was being washed a detailed on the day I was going to pick it up before I got there. I got there at about noon and it still hadn't been touched.
--It finally went back hours later and spent hours more back there. When 'the man', the only guy allowed to wash the owner's cars, brought it out, he said it wasn't finished and I'd need to bring it back. We left at 6:30 that night and I had to wait a week to get it back in.

There were many other small things that made us wonder how he had his job. Things he actually just ****ed up that couldn't be down to being lazy.

---------------
So, when there was something wrong with the air conditioning in my 6 month old ZL1, I decided to drive twice as far to go to O'Reilly.
---------------

O'Reilly
I'm here now. On visit number ****ing five. I'm not even going to have the end of the story finished before I get to the end of the post. I've got my laptop here anyway, I'm gunna type it up. I'll edit the end if needed.

13 May
I go in to get it looked at. Horatio helps me - not the same Horatio, mind you, but another person with the same name so I'm using the same filler name. I'm low on coolant, something that shouldn't be the case for a 2019. They fill it up and add a dye so they can run it and look for the leak. Pretty sure I waved goodbye to a gallon and a half from giving it to them and getting it back; the guy didn't want the car turned off when I showed it wasn't working because he didn't want something to reset. They find a leak; bad connection in a hose. They need to order the hose; that's fine, I think. No way a dealership is going to keep one or more of every part for every car - that's what warehouses are for. We schedule for next Monday at 7.

20 May
I'm there at 7. I hand over the keys. They come back to me in about a half hour and tell me that the tech that's supposed to work on it isn't there. I'm wondering what that even ****ing means because any tech should be able to follow the procedure that I'm sure an authorized dealer has to do what they need to do. Nope, apparently it has to be that one guy and I have to come back tomorrow.

Horatio isn't there yet; he comes in at 9, calls me, and apologizes. I'm not happy; communication should have been there between a whopping 2 people. I don't say anything, though, since shit happens. They could have done better, hope this is a lesson learned for next time.

Maybe that one guy is the one with experience and they wanted only him to handle it? Well, first, that's dumb, get more people trained up. They could even ask me if that was alright, but that option wasn't presented. Second, it's not actually true, because...

21 May
... the guy is completely new to this. Has never done it before. Didn't know he needed to take the front bumper off of a ZL1 to replace the coolant hose because of one pesky out of the way screw. The only guy in their organization that could possibly be the one to do this hasn't actually done it. I learn this when Horatio walks me back into the garage to see the bumper off.

He's very apologetic. Asks what they can do to 'make it up to me'. I ask for a discount on replacing the brake pads (I had bought the ceramic ones and placed the boxes in the trunk in case something like this came up). I get them on for half price. Still too much. They're ****ing brake pads; I should probably start learning how to do things to my own car. He also insists on bringing it through the wash (holy hell did it need it) but they don't do that because it's a ZL1, ground things and such. So they do a 5-minute hand wash. Could have got it done better at a high school fund raising wash in a Burger King parking lot.

When they give the car back, there's rubber sticking out two of the front holes in the bumper; seems he didn't have help putting it back together and didn't actually look at the damn car after doing so. They take it back to show him what's wrong and put parts back where they belong.

Alas, that wasn't the only goof.

A few days later I'm in Phoenix with the car going between aftermarket places doing some talking. I notice on multiple back ends that it seems I'm at only 3 of 4 daytime running lights. I get out and take a look and yep, the lower driver side one isn't on. My guess was he didn't connect it back up when he put the bumper back on. When I get home, I go to take the screen off the front to start to take that part of the wheel well off so I can try to reach it myself. When I do, part of the bumper bottom hangs down. Don't know how I didn't see that when putting the screen on in the first place. I could try to plug the light back in myself, but I can't shit bumper screws. I call to get it back in.

28 May
I bring it back in and they take it back pretty quickly; Horatio came straight out to me. Great. I wasn't actually there for that long that day.

The bumper was really lazily done; two screws were missing and two more were loose and not torqued correctly, according to them. However, with the light, they say it wasn't that it was disconnected, there's 'a bulb out' and they'll have to order it. Right. I get it back and find... I don't even know how they thought they could say that. It's not a bulb, it's the whole ****ing thing. So, seems that his one person job putting the bumper back on (where he didn't get those rubber pieces in the right place and obviously didn't follow torque specs on the bumper screws) led to a pinched or sliced wire, too. Or something - whatever it was, it was working before I brought it in and I doubt lights like this go out in a matter of months and conveniently on the visit where it got disconnected.

They have to order it. Horatio isn't there when I leave, dropping a car off at some site somewhere. I tell the guy sending me off that I'll be back in Monday at 7. Horatio calls later, not really apologetic at all; I say the same thing. He says he'll call to let me know when the part comes in. He never called.

3 June
I'm here now. Got here 10 till. No appointment was made for me by either of the guys I talked to so now I have to wait for all the other work scheduled ahead of me. I've been in the break area for about 75 minutes as of now but the one that took me in said it'll be several hours. Horatio isn't in; not a huge deal, I guess, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been standing next to my car for 30 minutes before someone came over; he was good about that, at least.

Can't wait to find that the right person isn't in the back, or didn't get in till 9, or that something else is wrong. Or to find something else wrong later. This is my 5th ****ing visit and only 2 of them are excusable, the first and third.

I'll be going to Phoenix from now on. Both my break in period oil changes were done at Freeway Chevrolet and those went fine; wasn't as busy, either.

EDIT: 5 minutes after posting this, got called up. They were finished. It wasn't several hours but less than two so there's that; maybe someone noticed the repeat visits. So far, so good; Horatio was in by the time it was finished and went and ran his hand under the bumper to check for missing screws. Apparently not only did they replace that light but there was some messy connection on the other fog light so they fixed that as well. I'm not sure what else could be messed up from here on out. Nothing was offered to account for this mixup because they aren't taking blame for it; was hoping to maybe get a free oil change or something.

Last edited by Riylo; 06-03-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Wow, thank you for sharing, I have learned you need to be super proactive like yourself in order to stay on top of things, and even then it is a crap shoot. I hope everything shakes out for you in the end. Hope to see you around at one of our events.
Sean
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 06-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Riylo
GL 2814.8

I work 6-6 on Saturdays now, have for months, so that's why I haven't seen you guys again. Many are gone by the time I'd get there and I also don't like using this car for work, so even though I actually work up there in Phoenix, I wouldn't have it with me to drive over. I also work every Thursday.

Eventually I'll get back up there.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #8
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riylo View Post
I work 6-6 on Saturdays now, have for months, so that's why I haven't seen you guys again. Many are gone by the time I'd get there and I also don't like using this car for work, so even though I actually work up there in Phoenix, I wouldn't have it with me to drive over. I also work every Thursday.

Eventually I'll get back up there.
Good hearing from you!