Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2021, 11:13 PM   #1
Juise99
HPDE

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
19 ZLE VS. Current Gen Lamborghini Aventador S

Had the rare opportunity to do some roll racing with an friggin Lamborghini Aventador S! I could not pass that up.

1st: 60 MPH roll, even line up, he called the start. By the time 4th gear (I have a manual) was done the Lambo was at my rear bumper.

2nd: 60 MPH roll, even line up, He called the start. By the time 4th gear was done the Lambo was at my B pillar.

3rd: 60 MPH roll, I was a little behind, He called the start. I wasn't ready and fell back to his rear tire by the time I was on it. But, by the end of 4th we were dead even.

I know the paper numbers of my car, hell that's the reason I bought it. But nothing I've done in this car has made me realize what a monster it truly is until this. It literally killed a v-12 Italian Super-car! His car cost about as much as both of my houses! My car is bone stock with Raybestos racing pads. The owner of the Lambo was not happy, and left abruptly. I on the other hand still have a grin on my face.

Even though this is a fanboy site, I will take this opportunity to say my car has been made to look like it's standing still by a ridiculously fast, heavily modded (more than DOUBLE the HP of the ZLE) GTR! There's also a Kid with an amazingly fast S2000 that has walked my ZLE. Oh yeah then there was my first Italian Super-car encounter. It was Ferarri 488 Pista, that ended with me at his rear tire.
Old 08-30-2021, 12:50 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Most likely dude had no idea what he was doing if he got beaten like that and then even lost the lead. And I'm not knocking the ZLE. But with a manual trans there is no way you should be beating an Aventador and even gaining ground on one. Not tryna rain on your parade. But most likely he was clueless or a noob or missed the timing or wasn't paying attention or something. He should have been able to take your lunch easily.

At the top of 4th in a M6 ZLE your acceleration should have been crawling considering the top speed of that car. At least I would guess so. The Aventador is rated at well over 200 MPH. So again I'm not seeing how he couldn't beat you.

Also, calling out a Supercar for it's price is a bit unfair. It's a Lambo. Their prices are justified even if someone in a lesser car manages to beat one. I'd say it was more than likely that you out-drove him and doesn't reflect at all on the car.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:44 AM   #3
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Looks at the specs of both cars, I can believe it.

Aventador has a power advantage at 730 hp, but the Camaro has a torque advantage. Aventador is only 507 tq.

And the Aventador is not light; it is nearly 3900 lbs, basically the same as the ZL1.

And you were racing from a 60-roll so the AWD of the Aventador won't help.

Now if you were starting from stationary, Aventador has the advantage.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:54 AM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Looks at the specs of both cars, I can believe it.

Aventador has a power advantage at 730 hp, but the Camaro has a torque advantage. Aventador is only 507 tq.

And the Aventador is not light; it is nearly 3900 lbs, basically the same as the ZL1.

And you were racing from a 60-roll so the AWD of the Aventador won't help.

Now if you were starting from stationary, Aventador has the advantage.
But still, M6 trans ZLE vs the auto trans on the Lambo.

I see it like this...it is similar to a SS racing a ZL1. The SS is fast enough that if a ZL1 driver screws up, the SS will win and it might take a while for the ZL1 to catch up. That is how I see this playing out. The ZL1 is simply fast enough that if a Lambo owner doesn't know what he is doing (most of them don't), then he will lose. I think OP simply outdrove the guy. But with equal drivers and an even matchup I do not see a M6 ZLE winning that race at all.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:40 AM   #5
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Impressive, but I am going to side w/ Blaq on this one - I think you outdrove him (nothin wrong w/ that). Despite being a decade old now, even a regular Aventador is capable of trapping 133-134 mph, vs 123-124 mph for an M6 ZLE. That's a big difference. I'm guessing he was starting in too high a gear, or, he was in auto mode and had to wait for it to downshift automatically before it would go.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:56 PM   #6
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
ignorance is bliss.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:43 AM   #7
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

????
Old 09-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #8
Juise99
HPDE

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
Honestly, while I see Blaq's point. I believe that these pulls happened in the sweet spot range where the torque advantage of the ZLE made the difference. From a dig, I know the ZLE stands no chance in a straight line with the Aventador. I also believe that if we carried on past 140 the tides would turn very quickly. You cant help but hear a V12 downshift when it happens right next to you, he was definitely in the right gear.

If these cars are close enough to come down to a drivers game, I'm more than happy with that. And also the fact that the ZLE is 9 seconds faster at the Ring.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:44 AM   #9
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise99 View Post
Honestly, while I see Blaq's point. I believe that these pulls happened in the sweet spot range where the torque advantage of the ZLE made the difference. From a dig, I know the ZLE stands no chance in a straight line with the Aventador. I also believe that if we carried on past 140 the tides would turn very quickly. You cant help but hear a V12 downshift when it happens right next to you, he was definitely in the right gear.
Like Idaho said, those cars trap 133-134 whereas the ZL1 traps about 123-124. That is a huge difference. Regardless of your torque and his, he should have easily taken you on a roll race. And especially considering you have the manual trans and even more so because it is the ZLE. There really is no way you should have beat him besides him being a horrible driver. And most people who buy those cars don't really know what they're doing anyway. So again, I know you're stoked and all, and I'm not tryna take your shine away, but you beating him means he did something wrong or doesn't really know what he was doing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise99 View Post
If these cars are close enough to come down to a drivers game, I'm more than happy with that. And also the fact that the ZLE is 9 seconds faster at the Ring.
I think you misunderstood. These cars are not close enough to be a driver's race. A driver's race would be like the GT vs SS or even the ZL1 vs Hellcat. You weren't in a driver's race. You just managed to beat him because he is a terrible driver. If you were equally as terrible or if he was comparably good then he should have wiped you out. Or at the very least, in each race he should have been convincingly pulling away.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:59 PM   #10
M0dnar
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Corvette 3LT with Z51
How much of that trap speed is because the AWD will hook it up from a complete stop while the ZLE's launch control is still trying to limit power to the rear?
M0dnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:06 AM   #11
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0dnar View Post
How much of that trap speed is because the AWD will hook it up from a complete stop while the ZLE's launch control is still trying to limit power to the rear?
This is what I was thinking, the lambo is gonna launch very well which means it will run a quicker 1/4 mile and faster traps. Roll race that advantage goes away. I think with the awd the Aventador also weighs similar to the zle. Zle aero is gonna kill your higher speeds like you mentioned and the lambo will pull. The advantage was probably in your favor at the speeds you guys were running especially with the torque of our cars, haven't looked up the specs of the Aventador tho
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote