Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2022, 09:11 AM   #85
cdubbs

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
Because they paid out $32,000 for repairs and another $8000.00 for a rental?

And left you with a Carfax Scarlet Letter.

Your adjuster didn't do you any favors. I've had many encounters with insurance adjusters over the years and learned a couple of things. They will always hit you low on the initial claim knowing that the body shop will ask for additional money. They will always try to convince you that your car will be as "good as new" when the body shop repairs it.

The fact is that adjusters have discretion and can total a car even if it doesn't meet the monetary figures on paper. You need to scream and kick and let them know you don't want the car repaired. Your adjuster was a moron because when you add in the 8 grand in rental fees, they could have just bought you a new car and you would have been done with this long ago.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean the adjuster or my specific insurance company per se. I just meant I got a bit lucky with my rates not increasing, at least it seems like they wont. I for sure got screwed by the adjuster. But it would have saved both myself and the insurance company money to just have totaled the car outright.
cdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:06 AM   #86
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqwisit23 View Post
If Carmax is offering you $40k for it and everything is disclosed and they are aware of the accident; take the money and run. Just my two cents having owned a few cars that were unfortunately in accidents. This used market is going to fizzle out and no one will give you anywhere close to the $40k when said and done. Good luck!
Take the money and run! Throw the keys at them, sign the paper work and get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Sold my last two cars to Carmax. My Focus needed the entire EPS system replaced, and had 97K miles on it. Estimate to repair from Ford was 2400, Carmax gave me 4k for the Focus. Bought my Mazda out at the end of my lease for 17k, turned around and sold it to carmax a month later for 26K
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:36 AM   #87
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Take the money and run! Throw the keys at them, sign the paper work and get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Sold my last two cars to Carmax. My Focus needed the entire EPS system replaced, and had 97K miles on it. Estimate to repair from Ford was 2400, Carmax gave me 4k for the Focus. Bought my Mazda out at the end of my lease for 17k, turned around and sold it to carmax a month later for 26K

And this is the reason that I tell people to NEVER buy used. They claim that they save a few thousand dollars, but not really. You have to assume that a used car was sold off for some reason, and not always the best reason.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:06 PM   #88
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
And this is the reason that I tell people to NEVER buy used. They claim that they save a few thousand dollars, but not really. You have to assume that a used car was sold off for some reason, and not always the best reason.
A used car can always be checked out before purchase, or after in some cases with a short no-questions-asked return policy. Not everyone can afford to buy a new car every single time they need a vehicle.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:40 PM   #89
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
A used car can always be checked out before purchase, or after in some cases with a short no-questions-asked return policy. Not everyone can afford to buy a new car every single time they need a vehicle.

True, but some items may not show up. I'm still haunted by the last used car I ever bought in my life. If you haven't read the post, it was a 1987 Buick LeSabre (yes it was old, yes I'm old) that I bought from a private seller. I went to roll down the window and saw a 4 inch line of boogers on the window edge, where it tucks up under the window sill. I drove the rest of the way home with my finger and thumb and scrubbed the hell out of all points in the car that I touched. Now sure, that's an extreme example, but who's to say what people do in the privacy of their vehicles when they don't think anyone is watching? I'll gladly pay a little more for peace of mind...not piece of boogie...
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:56 PM   #90
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I'm the opposite. I buy used vehicles all the time, let someone else pay the depreciation. I've bought a couple new cars sure, but normally buy used. Not every used vehicle is a horror story.

Last edited by jamala00; 05-18-2022 at 08:49 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #91
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
True, I prefer to buy new as well. I would probably never buy a used performance car. Never know how it was treated, was it babied or was it beaten to hell
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, accident, camaro, total, wreck