Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #15
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
So realistically, these two designs won't differ much in terms of airflow rate and thus, cooling. The one on the right looks so much better, though.

It looks INFINITELY better - and more importantly, it looks like a BMW and not a Chinese copy of one.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #16
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
It looks INFINITELY better - and more importantly, it looks like a BMW and not a Chinese copy of one.
Yeah, it definitely looks a lot closer to the F80/F82 while adding a more angular, muscular look. If it looks like that, there would have been zero people complaining about the look.

I at least supported the look in terms of function because I also thought that grille was all the way through and aids cooling. After learning about the black plastic bar in the middle, that argument also crumbles apart like a cookie.

Speaking of Chinese copy, I know a Chinese manufacturer (can't remember which) also managed to get a few BMW designers on board, so Kia isn't the only one. You can tell that Stinger definitely has some BMW design hints in it.

I should also get you guys to look at the new iX... Get your puke bag ready. Yes, really.

You have been warned.

I'd like to see you guys defend this one with "oh but it needs cooling", because, you know, it's bloody electric.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:34 AM   #17
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Not really. If you look very closely at the buckteeth grille, you will see there is a little black bar dividing the upper and lower portion. It's very apparent in this image.

Yeah, i don't think the 'form following function' design of the front grill is a great argument. I mean most pictures show this huge license plate smack in the middle, maximizing obstruction of the airflow they're concerned about. That in itself kind of defeats the argument, but still, it does gives BMW an excuse if it isn't accepted in public opinion.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #18
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 455bhp View Post
Have any of you driven the new Cadillac CT5-V? (Not the Blackwing.) That seems to be the truest sedan sibling to the Camaro SS. I'd love to try one, and see if the lukewarm reception the press gave it is justified. Somehow, I don't expect it would stand up to the M340i, mostly because the BMW I6 usually trumps GM V6s.

Cheers!

I was looking at the CT5-V but for the money I think it should've at least had a V8 in it. The blackwing is a little too expensive for what I'm looking for so I went with the ZL1. I would say that the SS Sedan is probably a more true sibling to the Camaro SS (at least the last closest thing).

Speaking of the CT5-V blackwing, anyone wonder if GM has asked all auto magazines to not compare the ZL1 to it? I figure the ZL1's performance encroaches on the blackwing and GM wants to keep both separate. I know both are aimed at different demographics, but I'd love to see how they match up performance wise. The Cadillac has more luxury, which is why people should be ok with the premium over similar performance to the ZL1 (although I'd say the ZL1 may edge it out ever so slightly given it's curb weight).

Last edited by TXCSSU; 12-10-2021 at 09:58 AM.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:14 PM   #19
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Obviously the ZL1 has the road course most likely. But the Caddy has it in the quarter mile

11.4 at 128 for Blackwing
11.5 at 125 for ZL1
All per C&D. Caddy weighs more but also has more power.

Im hoping MT has one at its best drivers car event next year. C&D did the normal Vs at their event this year.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:04 PM   #20
455bhp

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Wagon
I'd love to see a Blackwing at MT Best Driver's Car too!
Old 08-23-2022, 08:51 AM   #21
John Simon

Drives: Supra, GTR R-34, RX-7
Thumbs down

The Newer BMW with the Giant grill looks soo much like a HOG
John Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #22
John Simon

Drives: Supra, GTR R-34, RX-7
And Yes the BMW IX looks good because the design and futuristics looks it provides with the auto healing grill Design
John Simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw, m340i