Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #57
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I could buy 10 2650s today if wanted and I’m going ported OEM blower on stock pulleys. Why? Because I want to. Has nothing whatsoever to do with cost. My target is 700whp and running cooler than when it left the factory. Why? Because I can, and because I said so. LOL

To the guy that says it has to be about the cost, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Your way isn’t the only way to get there.
If you're referring to me then just go ahead and quote my statements. We're both grown men. No need for childish posts. I'm always up for a spirited debate.

Again, you and others did not understand what I said about cost. Either that or your ego just wants to brag about money or something. So I will explain it again for you. The issue with cost, is not the same as an issue of being able to afford something. I could afford to buy a GT500 and pay whatever ADM a dealership is asking. However at that price, cost damn sure IS an issue despite my being able to afford it. I simply do not deem that car to be worth the price even tho I can go buy one right now. So yes, in that case, cost is an issue. If you think I don't know what I'm talking about then I suggest you take some courses on finances and learn a little about it.

Anyway, Like I said a million times, (caps locking it for those who keep missing it): IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC GOAL, AND YOU CAN GET THERE THRU PORTING AND PULLEYING, AND YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU ARE GONNA BE SATISFIED WITH THOSE RESULTS, THEN KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. ENJOY!!

HOWEVER, if you are not satisfied with those results and choose at a later date to upgrade, then the money you spent playing with porting and messing with the stock blower will have been a waste.

I am not telling you or anyone else what to do because I honestly do not care what you do. I am simply explaining that if you port the stock blower, and if you end up with cooling issues, or if you find that you want more than what you get from straining that little tiny thing to death, then when you switch to a bigger blower you will have wasted a good amount of money and down time than if you had just done it the right way the first time. But again, if a little 700 HP build is enough to get your rocks off then good for you. But out here that number is not even worth mentioning.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #58
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
If you're referring to me then just go ahead and quote my statements. We're both grown men. No need for childish posts. I'm always up for a spirited debate.

Again, you and others did not understand what I said about cost. Either that or your ego just wants to brag about money or something. So I will explain it again for you. The issue with cost, is not the same as an issue of being able to afford something. I could afford to buy a GT500 and pay whatever ADM a dealership is asking. However at that price, cost damn sure IS an issue despite my being able to afford it. I simply do not deem that car to be worth the price even tho I can go buy one right now. So yes, in that case, cost is an issue. If you think I don't know what I'm talking about then I suggest you take some courses on finances and learn a little about it.

Anyway, Like I said a million times, (caps locking it for those who keep missing it): IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC GOAL, AND YOU CAN GET THERE THRU PORTING AND PULLEYING, AND YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU ARE GONNA BE SATISFIED WITH THOSE RESULTS, THEN KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. ENJOY!!

HOWEVER, if you are not satisfied with those results and choose at a later date to upgrade, then the money you spent playing with porting and messing with the stock blower will have been a waste.

I am not telling you or anyone else what to do because I honestly do not care what you do. I am simply explaining that if you port the stock blower, and if you end up with cooling issues, or if you find that you want more than what you get from straining that little tiny thing to death, then when you switch to a bigger blower you will have wasted a good amount of money and down time than if you had just done it the right way the first time. But again, if a little 700 HP build is enough to get your rocks off then good for you. But out here that number is not even worth mentioning.
First of all, I’ve said on here over and over again that 700whp and running cool is my goal. I will get there with porting. I road course track my car. If I run at that level for a season then decide to go 2650 next it isn't wasted money. I’ll have a season of running it at 700whp. Well worth the cost. You assume 2650 is the RIGHT WAY and it isn’t. It is A way. Just because you did it doesn’t make it the RIGHT WAY or the only way.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #59
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Many don't understand these lt4 engines have I believe 11 coolers to keep temps down. Doing almost any mods creates more heat problems that need addressed. So you are not only doing performance mods but, in some instances redoing and adding additional coolers. This adds more cost and weight to an already heavy car. Many talk about problems keeping IAT temps down and installing more cooling tanks in the trunk. One must consider all these additions in the modding cost. Nobody ever said going faster is cheap but, at what point is too much power even useable for street use. Have you ever tried a dig race with 800-1000 RWHP on anything less than drag tires. So tell me where on the street can you use that much power. It comes down to bragging rights, JMO.
Who said anything about street racing or trying to dig race a car with that much HP on street tires? WTF is that even coming from?

If you're trying to race from a dig on an 800-1000 RWHP car on street tires and on the street then I can tell you right now that you're gonna end up killing someone or yourself. Nobody should be racing any of these cars at any power level on any streets anyway. And if you're racing at the track then traction will be solved with seat time, knowing how to launch, and having a properly built vehicle on a properly prepped track. Everything you mentioned is the exact opposite of that.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #60
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
First of all, I’ve said on here over and over again that 700whp and running cool is my goal. I will get there with porting. I road course track my car. If I run at that level for a season then decide to go 2650 next it isn't wasted money. I’ll have a season of running it at 700whp. Well worth the cost. You assume 2650 is the RIGHT WAY and it isn’t. It is A way. Just because you did it doesn’t make it the RIGHT WAY or the only way.
Again, for those having a disturbingly difficult time with English comprehension. I never, not once, said that the 2650 is the right way. I said that if you want it done efficiently with more room to grow in the future then do it the right way the first time. I also, yet again, said that if you have a particular goal and can get there thru porting and pulleying and if you'll be satisfied with the results, then go TF ahead and do it. Do I need to rewrite that a different way for you to understand it??
Old 07-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #61
CW3SF

Quote:
Again, for those having a disturbingly difficult time with English comprehension. I never, not once, said that the 2650 is the right way. I said that if you want it done efficiently with more room to grow in the future then do it the right way the first time. I also, yet again, said that if you have a particular goal and can get there thru porting and pulleying and if you'll be satisfied with the results, then go TF ahead and do it. Do I need to rewrite that a different way for you to understand it??
And again you arrogantly state that going 2650 is the RIGHT WAY. It isn’t.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
Old 07-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #62
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
And again you arrogantly state that going 2650 is the RIGHT WAY. It isn’t.
Enjoy your ported 1.7 liter 700 RWHP setup bro.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:24 PM   #63
CW3SF

Bet
Old 07-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #64
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Bet
Lol. All you do is argue with people on here.

Keyboard warrior.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:51 PM   #65
CW3SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Lol. All you do is argue with people on here.

Keyboard warrior.
Pot/kettle. Touché
Old 07-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #66
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
On a lighter note
Attached Images

FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:41 PM   #67
NOVAtwinLS3

Drives: 2018 ZL1
If you really want efficiency and $$ no object you twin turbo the damn thing. More than one way to meet your needs, whether it be Street/Strip, or max effort. Everyone just do you and what your comfortable with and be confident with your decision. if you want to change at a later point....which some do, who cares it’s a journey that we all enjoy! WHO CARES.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #68
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Agreed!��
Old 07-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #69
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemo View Post
On a lighter note
That entire franchise has been garbage since the first one.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:14 PM   #70
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemo View Post
On a lighter note
Quote:
That entire franchise has been garbage since the first one.
...and boom, there goes the lighter note

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote