Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-19-2021, 01:40 AM   #29
dyingbreed

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turul View Post
I'm not crazy about the electronic parking brake.
Why? Hand brake turns?
dyingbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:43 AM   #30
dyingbreed

Audi A6 3.0T front brakes are very dusty with factory pads. Changed to Akebono and much better
Old 09-19-2021, 01:49 AM   #31
dyingbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
here in Michigan the roads suck
Cali roads are awful too and getting worse. With so many big soft crossovers around there might be fewer complaints...
Old 09-19-2021, 01:53 AM   #32
dyingbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Nothing yet. Just a ticked that the 1LE hood wrap was FD up and dealer is gonna fix it. Just dragging their feet. I refuse to drive until its fixed so they don't try to blame me. Picked it up with 12 miles on it. Drove it home. Then drove it back to the dealer and to get shit squared away and drove it home.

Over 2 weeks old and 22 miles.
I would do the same. Hope it's done soon and you are happy.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:57 AM   #33
dyingbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
no home link
Also no adaptive cruise control on any trim, right?
Old 09-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #34
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingbreed View Post
Why? Hand brake turns?
I'm with Turul on this (had it on a different car and hated it . . . used it as little as possible).

You cannot modulate how hard it is applied; they're either all the way on or all the way off unless there's a fault.

Brakes are mechanical devices that don't need electrical/electronic involvement.

Norm
Old 09-19-2021, 08:14 AM   #35
greenz28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS M6, Ford Fiesta ST
Here is my list of dislikes:

1. Cruise control doesn't turn off when you depress the clutch. Have to use brakes or steering wheel switch to turn off. No other manual transmission car I've owned has been like this. I like to use the clutch to turn off and cannot.

2. Max seat recline angle is way too steep for my taste. I will eventually drill out the pins that are stopping them from reclining. Posts to do this are on the Camaro6 forum.

3. Headrest angle pushes my head way too far forward. This is common unfortunately today with the nazi safety culture. I will eventually remove the headrests (again post on Camaro6 shows how to remove), and bend the posts, like I did on my Fiesta ST.

4. Every few startups, the center display makes you push a button to say you recognize that you should keep your eyes on the road, or something like that. Interestingly, it does not go away on it's own, even when you're driving at full speed down the highway. Again, safety nazis, and ridiculous enough that I have to press the button but I also have to break the rule they're asking me not to break.

5. Sometimes radio doesn't turn off when you open the door. At first I was afraid my battery would drain down. I think it does this when it's getting ready to ask you to do an update, which is also annoying because for me it always comes on at an inopportune time. They take 10-15 minutes to complete. And what the heck are they? Downloads to watch my every move or what?

6. Mine will over or underfill at the gas station. I think this is will be warranty item for me but right now I'm afraid to take it in for fear they'll screw something else up. Or take it out and hot rod it. All the dealers around me are posting help wanted on Facebook. My fear is that they're desperate and might be bringing in subpar guys. I just wait till it's got about 1/8 tank and put 15 gallons in it.

7. Jack points under car are tiny. What look like safe jack points, especially in the front, apparently are not. I had to learn this, not from the owners manual because it's not in there, I learned it from Camaro6 posters.

8. Related to number 7, because I change my own oil, is the misleading oil requirement. Oil cap and owners manual say use 0W40. But, if it's not available you can use 5W30. Well, I go to the store and can find 0W40. But, I had to read the fine print. What's available around me is Euro spec 0W40, not the Dexos spec that GM requires. I'm not paying the ridiculous price to mail order Dexos 0W40. I use Mobil 1 Dexos spec 5W30. And it takes 10 quarts!

9. No spare tire and run flat tires. Run flats ride firmer and are more expensive. Eventually I'll buy non-run flats. And decide how I'll handle the possibility of a flat. I've only had to change 1 tire in my life and it was way past it's life, so my fault. I'm 47 and my average commute each way to work during my work life has been 60 miles.
greenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #36
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
5. Sometimes radio doesn't turn off when you open the door. At first I was afraid my battery would drain down. I think it does this when it's getting ready to ask you to do an update, which is also annoying because for me it always comes on at an inopportune time. They take 10-15 minutes to complete. And what the heck are they? Downloads to watch my every move or what?

Must be a GM thing. Happened in my 19 C7, 19 Colorado, 20 Blazer, and 21 Silverado. Wife has a new 21 Tahoe so I don't know if this is going on i it and I got a 21 Camaro SS but have not had it happen (Yet).
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #37
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post

Must be a GM thing. Happened in my 19 C7, 19 Colorado, 20 Blazer, and 21 Silverado. Wife has a new 21 Tahoe so I don't know if this is going on i it and I got a 21 Camaro SS but have not had it happen (Yet).
The radio not turning off is a signal that your car wants to do a software update. ...I was told in another thread.

My 16 and 18 never did that. My 20 has and it was always at the same time it was prompting me to allow a software update. Once I allow the update, doesn't do it again.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:39 AM   #38
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
all of this is nit picking imho.
drove 400 miles again this weekend and loving my camaro more than ever.
all i would say is live with an s550 for a year then you'll see how wonderful our cars are.
apple car play i love.
playing this on my journey home today

Old 09-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #39
Staves

Drives: women crazy
I forgot one nitpick. Amazon music app in CarPlay doesn’t scroll my artists. Gets to the “Bs” and stops. Once in 20 tries will scroll if I touch the screen. Used my phone in other peoples cars and scrolls no problem.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:37 AM   #40
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
all of this is nit picking imho.
drove 400 miles again this weekend and loving my camaro more than ever.
all i would say is live with an s550 for a year then you'll see how wonderful our cars are.
apple car play i love.
playing this on my journey home today
I'm with Camaro fanboy, these are tiny nitpicks and other cars would have just as many of them, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenz28 View Post
Here is my list of dislikes:
2/3/4 are stemming from the same source you eloquently identified

5—welcome to the world of continuous OTA updates. It's a bit of a damned if you do ("why does the infotainment stay on when I close the door???"), damned if you don't ("tesla gives you free updates every other day, how come gm can't do this???") situation. I'm sure it could be done less intrusively, say asking the owner (gasp, what a novelty...) and providing options on how to handle updates ("only in my garage" [marked by GPS], "ask me each time", "anytime on the road" etc.)

6—warranty issue, these minor things can happen with any car

7—many modern cars require the use of pinch welds for jacking/lifting, the service manual is crystal clear about this and any proper service department will know how to lift the car. Those aluminum pads with the round holes that look like jack points are not for you, they are used to hoist the unibody in the factory where they sustain much less weight.

9—gm are playing it safe with runflats, that's definitely a snag that you have to fix on your own dime (although some people do actually like runflats and the associated safety).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:40 AM   #41
Fak_Ork

Drives: Silverado RST 21, 3.0, Crew, Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Brakes are mechanical devices that don't need electrical/electronic involvement.

Norm
Do you campaign against power assisted regular brakes- standard for decades- also? Pretty sure most would disagree with you. Not much modulation needed when applying a parking brake where any slip or movement is not needed or acceptable.
Fak_Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #42
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenz28 View Post
Every few startups, the center display makes you push a button to say you recognize that you should keep your eyes on the road, or something like that. Interestingly, it does not go away on it's own, even when you're driving at full speed down the highway. Again, safety nazis, and ridiculous enough that I have to press the button but I also have to break the rule they're asking me not to break.
Yeah, that's a head scratcher. "Hey lunkhead, don't fiddle about with the touch screen while you're driving...keep your eyes on the road. Now touch the screen to acknowledge this admonition". In fairness, that's a GM thing and not endemic to just the Camaro.

The only real thing that can be bothersome to me at times is A/C ducting that leaks through to the defroster vents and fogs the windshield with condensation if the air temperature is set at a lower temperature than the dewpoint of the outside air. Happens on muggy nights, or when there is no sun to evaporate the condensation.

The above two are all after-the-fact issues. As it was, and still is, nothing else about the dissuaded me in any way from purchasing in the first place.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote