Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 09-15-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I wish I had a DashCam

So I was waiting behind a vehicle at a stop light at a T-intersection. Could only turn left or right. There was one vehicle ahead of me waiting at the intersection. We got a green light and the vehicle infront of me proceeded to turn left. I typically look both ways before I enter any intersection regardless if it’s green. Sure enough to my right here comes a car plowing toward their red stop light and toward the car that was infront of me. I saw it coming and didn’t go when the light changed but I honked at the car infront of me to try to warn them… … it didn’t do any good. Just as they cleared the intersection they were rear ended and side swiped by the car that ran the stop light.

Because I know a lot of people out here drive with no insurance, I pulled over and gave the car that was infront of me my cell phone number and told them I would be a witness. The person who ran the light even saw me do this. They seemed like an ‘okay’ bunch and I had to get to work so I didn’t stick around.

Well in a few days the offenders insurance company calls me to get my side of the story. Lo and Behold I come to find that they lied on the police report and said their light was yellow and the car infront of me ran their stop light. Now I wish I had stayed behind or atleast recorded it. We definitely had a green light. Atleast they have insurance, still though, why can’t anyone just be honest.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yup i see it all the time i always wait a second or two when the light goes green

yesterday on way home in my cruze there was a 4 car pileup on the freeway right in front of me if i was going faster or not paying attention it would have been a 5 car pileup with me in the back...
Old 09-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Stop lights is why I like round abouts. They are putting more and more of them in around here, and they are so much better then stop lights.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:57 PM   #4
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Couple months ago I was sitting at a red light, probably 10:30-11:00 pm. The intersection to the right is completely blind and can't see a thing coming, for some reason I had a bad gut feeling when the opposite light turned yellow and told myself to sit back for a couple extra seconds.

Sure enough, I sat back for probably a little over 5 seconds and some early 2000's Buick came flying through the intersection at 50+mph. Car would've been totaled if I didn't wait.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:01 PM   #5
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Stop lights is why I like round abouts. They are putting more and more of them in around here, and they are so much better then stop lights.
Oh, they still find ways of running into each other. Saw one the other day where the lady entering the roundabout never even looked to the left, just drove right into the circle. Poor dude in a truck came within about 1/2” of her rear door.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #6
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Its a crazy world.

Two weeks ago I was caught in the middle of a Police chase that resulted in a crash to my left. The guy jumped out waving a rifle, the Police fired and he ducked onto my lane and carjacked a vehicle behind me.

Someone on the other side of the intersection caught it on video. You can see my Camaro at the 0:25 time mark.

https://www.fox6now.com/video/974325

The guy crashed the second car and was ultimately shot to death.

Name:  Oak Creek Crash.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  83.6 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 09-15-2021 at 07:29 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:25 PM   #7
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
iirc brown county up in green bay has more roundabouts than any county in the US. I LOVED them when I lived there. 6 roundabouts and 2 lights in my 6 mile commute to work.
here, I have 2 each way and they are an absolute $hitshow. no one here has any regard for other drivers.

going to work a few months ago early sunday morning. no traffic at all. guy in front of me turned left and car coming didn't even stop and tboned him then drove off. I could see that the guy that got hit was ok and his car wasn't going anywhere so I proceeded to chase the runner for 5 miles before dispatch told me they had the area surrounded. found the girl 30 minutes later as she was dumb enough to go home and park in the driveway. went back to check on the guy that was hit and he was VERY appreciative that someone got her plate.

a$$hats......
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:55 PM   #8
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
iirc brown county up in green bay has more roundabouts than any county in the US. I LOVED them when I lived there. 6 roundabouts and 2 lights in my 6 mile commute to work.
here, I have 2 each way and they are an absolute $hitshow. no one here has any regard for other drivers.

going to work a few months ago early sunday morning. no traffic at all. guy in front of me turned left and car coming didn't even stop and tboned him then drove off. I could see that the guy that got hit was ok and his car wasn't going anywhere so I proceeded to chase the runner for 5 miles before dispatch told me they had the area surrounded. found the girl 30 minutes later as she was dumb enough to go home and park in the driveway. went back to check on the guy that was hit and he was VERY appreciative that someone got her plate.

a$$hats......
Brown County has a lot, that very well could be... We still have stupid drivers here in the round abouts every now and again, but by far they are much safer then traffic lights. Traffic lights, yellow means speed up, then you end going through a red and t-bond someone at 40mph (or whatever). Round abouts you have people who will fail to yield to people on the left, but they are generally entering the round about at a much slower speed.

By far the biggest issue I see with them is someone on the outside lane, doesn't exit to their right and tries to continue around the round about.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:58 PM   #9
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Oh, they still find ways of running into each other. Saw one the other day where the lady entering the roundabout never even looked to the left, just drove right into the circle. Poor dude in a truck came within about 1/2” of her rear door.
Agreed... You will always have idiots no matter how safe you try to make intersections. The one thing I HATE about round abouts is the plows have not yet figured out how to plow them decently. It seems by mid winter the outside lane is only about 1/2 the width it should be due to it not being plowed out decently. Of course then the snow is compacted and hard.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:36 PM   #10
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
I see this all the time. When I'm in the circle I assume cars about the enter it won't stop. Unbelievable how often I'm right.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:49 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Its a crazy world.

Two weeks ago I was caught in the middle of a Police chase that resulted in a crash to my left. The guy jumped out waving a rifle, the Police fired and he ducked onto my lane and carjacked a vehicle behind me.

Someone on the other side of the intersection caught it on video. You can see my Camaro at the 0:25 time mark.

https://www.fox6now.com/video/974325

The guy crashed the second car and was ultimately shot to death.

Attachment 1079983
This is WHY you should always carry. If that were me he wanted to carjack he would have been finished right away!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:24 PM   #12
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
This is WHY you should always carry. If that were me he wanted to carjack he would have been finished right away!
This is why he needs to move to Tejas
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:45 PM   #13
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
So I was waiting behind a vehicle at a stop light at a T-intersection. Could only turn left or right. There was one vehicle ahead of me waiting at the intersection. We got a green light and the vehicle infront of me proceeded to turn left. I typically look both ways before I enter any intersection regardless if it’s green. Sure enough to my right here comes a car plowing toward their red stop light and toward the car that was infront of me. I saw it coming and didn’t go when the light changed but I honked at the car infront of me to try to warn them… … it didn’t do any good. Just as they cleared the intersection they were rear ended and side swiped by the car that ran the stop light.

Because I know a lot of people out here drive with no insurance, I pulled over and gave the car that was infront of me my cell phone number and told them I would be a witness. The person who ran the light even saw me do this. They seemed like an ‘okay’ bunch and I had to get to work so I didn’t stick around.

Well in a few days the offenders insurance company calls me to get my side of the story. Lo and Behold I come to find that they lied on the police report and said their light was yellow and the car infront of me ran their stop light. Now I wish I had stayed behind or atleast recorded it. We definitely had a green light. Atleast they have insurance, still though, why can’t anyone just be honest.

They care more about themselves than other people. Nice the other people have your word. A 3rd party report probably means their insurance will end up paying and also might get charged for a false police report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:05 PM   #14
Roid

Drives: 2017 "Fifty" 2SS Convt 6M
A friend of mines story made me consider getting a dash cam.

So he got rear ended and the guy hit him claimed my friend brake checked him and after he honked at my friend because he was distracted on a phone. Which was lie. I thought a 3 camera dash cam would have fixed such situation in an instant.

So I've been looking for a 3 channel dash cam, got a deal on AZDOME M550 on Amazon, got it today. I will try to install it on my car this weekend. I will post my experience in few days.

Ps: I would love to get some advice on how to mount rear camera. I was thinking next to backup camera but not sure how I can run the cable and attach it without screws (ideally I won't have to drill a hole on to the bumper).
Roid is offline   Reply With Quote