Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
NCIC105

Drives: 2021 SS Camaro
Fuel Mgt System Error

I have a 21 SS2. The check engine light came on last week at 1,400 miles...Friday I took to Richard Kay Chevy in Anderson SC..They said they had to order part....Bring back Monday...Dropped off Monday as they said they had to replace a sensor on top of the gas tank...They would have to drop the tank...Monday at 4pm I arrange a ride to pick up the car...I am told it isn't ready...We have to order the part?..I asked why they didn't order Friday...No answer...Tuesday still not ready...We have to order another part....Wed afternoon it is ready...I drove three miles and the check engine light came back on.....Told them this time they have to furnish me with a loaner..Oh, we don't have any...It will be sometime next week before we have a loaner....
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
I have a 21 SS2. The check engine light came on last week at 1,400 miles...Friday I took to Richard Kay Chevy in Anderson SC..They said they had to order part....Bring back Monday...Dropped off Monday as they said they had to replace a sensor on top of the gas tank...They would have to drop the tank...Monday at 4pm I arrange a ride to pick up the car...I am told it isn't ready...We have to order the part?..I asked why they didn't order Friday...No answer...Tuesday still not ready...We have to order another part....Wed afternoon it is ready...I drove three miles and the check engine light came back on.....Told them this time they have to furnish me with a loaner..Oh, we don't have any...It will be sometime next week before we have a loaner....
Hopefully you have another dealer near you, sounds like this one shouldn't be trusted with servicing your ride.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
TBH it sounds like they are running into parts shortages due to manufacture supply issues. This is happening in a lot of places. They probably were silent on the matter in hopes to keep you calm because they couldn’t give a real time frame as to when they could expect the part as this is starting to become lottery based in a lot of places now. Unfortunately you were unlucky that the replacement part was either misdiagnosed or there’s more to the problem.

The loaner issue is legitimate. My dealer requires us to reserve them about a week in advance. They are likely all shelled out to customers at the given time. I can come in and drop off any time but I would need a ride back home via Uber or a friend unless I schedule a good bit out.

I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but the days of customer receiving the utmost service out of their dealer are gone. You’re going to have to be patient and play by their rules, especially right now.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
NCIC105

The pain continues...Drove the car about 36 miles since picking it up...Parked it Friday at 5pm...Today for shit and giggles I checked the oil...Nothing on the stick...I added 1.5 quarts and it went about 1/2 way up on the stick...Guess what check engine light has not turned back on after I cleared it...Cycled the engine three times just to see if it would come back on...Wonder if I have any engine damage...I don't hear anything...
Old 09-18-2021, 06:28 PM   #5
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Do you know what the code is?
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #6
NCIC105

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Do you know what the code is?
P2635, I cleared the code after adding oil and cycled the engine 5 times...The engine light has not turned back on...
Looked up the code and it refers to the fuel pump....They replaced some component that was on top of the fuel tank as they had to drop the tank.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:09 PM   #7
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
TBH it sounds like they are running into parts shortages due to manufacture supply issues. This is happening in a lot of places. They probably were silent on the matter in hopes to keep you calm because they couldn’t give a real time frame as to when they could expect the part as this is starting to become lottery based in a lot of places now. Unfortunately you were unlucky that the replacement part was either misdiagnosed or there’s more to the problem.

The loaner issue is legitimate. My dealer requires us to reserve them about a week in advance. They are likely all shelled out to customers at the given time. I can come in and drop off any time but I would need a ride back home via Uber or a friend unless I schedule a good bit out.

I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but the days of customer receiving the utmost service out of their dealer are gone. You’re going to have to be patient and play by their rules, especially right now.
All valid points, but at some point companies that provide services need to wake up and realize that when there are delays, explaining what's going on is a much better approach than radio silence. Doesn't apply so much to the loaner issue, but definitely to the delayed ordering/receipt of the parts as described by the OP.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #8
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
in my dealership parts Dept. half the shelves are empty we have orders from the factory 6 month's old. There is a truck driver shortage and very little is moving. We told the staff we required vaccination's due to the Stupid Government mandates and 5 Mechanics quite. So wait, it is going to get worse!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote