Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Little grudge race against a 10 second Stang, Cell video, fast forward to 130

Race at 130 is the one that counted. Didn't race this week because of rain, so just watching videos.

Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #2
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Cool vid

I don't see you rolling out of your burnouts for long enough....you need to go a good 15-20 ft to get the tires nice and clean and also free of water and slimy rubber

just an idea I notice youre always talking about your problems hooking.....maybe that's part of it just trying to help...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Cool vid

I don't see you rolling out of your burnouts for long enough....you need to go a good 15-20 ft to get the tires nice and clean and also free of water and slimy rubber

just an idea I notice youre always talking about your problems hooking.....maybe that's part of it just trying to help...

Yea, I didn't know until last week, learning as I go, but some guy told me to let off brake and keep on gas to do this, is this correct?
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post

Yea, I didn't know until last week, learning as I go, but some guy told me to let off brake and keep on gas to do this, is this correct?
After you've done a good initial burnout yes just let off the brakes. 15 feet or so should be good.

Just be ready on the brakes in case the car wants to grab or go sideways etc. You may need to modulate/tap the brakes again. But if you've done a long enough burnout initially, the car wont go forward too awfully fast when you let off the brakes to begin rolling out of the burnout.

Youll get the feel for it.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote