Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
After a few months of forgetting about this problem

The recent warm weather has caused my window to start fogging again and today it was fogging so much I turn the heat on with 80 degree weather with the windows down just so I can see. I know there are multiple threads on this but I want to complain again.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
if we ALL blew GM up at the same time, we would get traction.. Nobody on here seem's to understand. It's the same as a DDOS attack. when people want to bring down a site, they overload it with requests and down comes the wall.

We need to coordinate and ALL message GM and the magazines.
im actually in talks with a lawyer to see what legal actions we can present to GM.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
I agree. Do we have the email addresses to the main CEO?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #4
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Lol same here...end of rant. Very glad spring seems to be a little early this year, though.

PS: Didnt you make something for that?
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #5
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
I haven't hit hot weather yet to notice any fogging. Is this a big issue?
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:03 AM   #6
UKCamaro2SS
Need more parking space

Drives: Camaro2SS '17,Audi A6
It never gets hot in the UK so I may never have this problem

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 04:05 AM   #7
Arex

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
I've seen a video that applying toothpaste onto your glass similar to waxing will prevent fogging.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #8
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arex View Post
I've seen a video that applying toothpaste onto your glass similar to waxing will prevent fogging.
Yep, just like a dive mask. Any anti-fog solution (like spit) will work, at least temporarily, too.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #9
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
All,

I agree that GM should have done a better job with the design on this window fogging issue. It's definitely more pronounced than I've experienced with any other car I've owned (and that goes back almost 40 years!).

BUT...(maybe I'm "old school")...all the whining and nashing of teeth about it is truly amusing...here's what I did:

I found a thin hand towel, about the same shade of dark gray as the dashboard, rolled it up, tucked it tightly between the vents and the windshield to redirect the air and...no more fogging!

Simple as that. The dark gray towel doesn't cause any reflection issues, so it's not distracting at all while driving. And the window defroster still works fine if I ever do need it.

Try it...you'll like it!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #10
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
if we ALL blew GM up at the same time, we would get traction.. Nobody on here seem's to understand. It's the same as a DDOS attack. when people want to bring down a site, they overload it with requests and down comes the wall.

We need to coordinate and ALL message GM and the magazines.
im actually in talks with a lawyer to see what legal actions we can present to GM.
I mean most modern enterprise routers will see tcp syn floods (low orbit ion cannon) and drop the incoming connection unless you can use bot nets.... which are getting expensive. Even then you'll never get past the DMZ firewall into the real network.... but that's neither here nor their. <-- I'm a nerd
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
I mean most modern enterprise routers will see tcp syn floods (low orbit ion cannon) and drop the incoming connection unless you can use bot nets.... which are getting expensive. Even then you'll never get past the DMZ firewall into the real network.... but that's neither here nor their. <-- I'm a nerd
*cough* tsunami syn flood *cough*
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #12
dustin0284

Drives: 2014 BRM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
All,

I agree that GM should have done a better job with the design on this window fogging issue. It's definitely more pronounced than I've experienced with any other car I've owned (and that goes back almost 40 years!).

BUT...(maybe I'm "old school")...all the whining and nashing of teeth about it is truly amusing...here's what I did:

I found a thin hand towel, about the same shade of dark gray as the dashboard, rolled it up, tucked it tightly between the vents and the windshield to redirect the air and...no more fogging!

Simple as that. The dark gray towel doesn't cause any reflection issues, so it's not distracting at all while driving. And the window defroster still works fine if I ever do need it.

Try it...you'll like it!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #13
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
All,

Try it...you'll like it!
Can you post a picture please
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
All,

Try it...you'll like it!

Old School and really old guys (me), all the same!