Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
SVT2888

Drives: 97 Ford Thunderturd
Cars & Coffee v. 10.20 *Moist Edition*

Drizzle was on the forecast on this day and boy was it present. It was relentless through out the morning, sometimes approaching rain level. I forgot to bring a jacket and ended up soaked by the end of the day.

What many people didn't know was that this was actually the 6th Anniversary of Cars & Coffee Irvine. It was kept quiet though and mostly only the regulars knew as we didn't want to be overwhelmed with visitors especially given the fact that most of the people that help put on the event were not able to be present on this day.

Surprisingly even with the less than favorable weather the cars kept coming in and soon enough the lot was almost filled. The true enthusiast award had to go to all the guys that came in with the top down on their convertibles and in the case of the beautiful hot rod, none at all!

The highlights of the show had to be the Lancia Aurelia, the aforementioned Ford Hot Rod, Heffner Performance Twin-Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 599 GTO, and the 4-door Hakosuka Skyline. It was great seeing such nice cars being driven no matter the weather.

There were two MAJOR downers at the event. The first was Villa Ford from Orange, CA and their behavior at the show.

Not only did they park their truck with classy U-Haul trailer taking up 4/5 spots, but they also brought in two Ford Raptors which they double parked. They took up 8 spots to show off 4 vehicles. Then asked to properly park the vehicles and to take unload the Cobra Jet from the trailer the General Sales Manager started yelling at my friend and I and we were quickly surrounded by the rest of the sales team all yelling and proclaiming that there was nothing wrong with their display. Then when they left the event one of the Ford Raptors proceeded to do a burnout at the exit. Not only did they not follow the rules on how to park and how to behave at a show, they abused a brand new vehicle which they are trying to sell at a $10k mark-up! We have been in contact with the dealer and were promised an apology upon "further investigation" of the incident. They have had a week to apologize and have yet to do so hence why I am posting this.

There was also a separate incident where a Ferrari 458 Italia stopped inside the lot set-up launch control and peeled out. In that incident I ran after the Ferrari which got caught up behind some other cars which were leaving. Banged the side of it with my open hand three times to get it to stop. That certainly got the drivers attention and he stopped. I proceeded to give the driver a nice piece of my mind, without cussing mind you, about proper behavior at a car show. John (the main man behind Cars & Coffee), soon came up and also tried to talk the the guy about his behavior. The guy acted like a 5yo, though he was easily 50, and kept saying that he did nothing wrong that it was an "accident". Then an Irvine police officer came up and attempted to talk to the man about his behavior, but the guy kept interrupting the officer. Therefore, the officer asked him to pull up behind the squad car and proceeded to cite the man. At the event and in messages after I got lots of praise by the C&C regulars for stopping the man. For every 15 compliments I've probably had 1 person say what I did was wrong. As of now I am refraining on posting a picture of the guy and his car as I have been in contact with some of his friends and he has promised to apologize formally to the organizers of C&C for his adverse behavior. I will be talking to John this weekend, if he has not received an apology then I will post the pic freely.

But anyways, enough of the drama, on to the shows highlights:

As always you can see the full-gallery at CNCpics.com

Follow us on Facebook to get the latest update: http://www.facebook.com/cncpics

Thanks,

-Leo
SVT2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Great pictures as always. Love seeing people not afraid of a little water.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote