Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #43
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
That's great. If sitting in stop/go and your basic commute is your idea of fun driving in a Camaro, go for it. Just using up gas in a V8 that's travelling at the same speeds as a Prius. Not to mention, I'd get so bored of a car like a Camaro if I had to slog a commute in it.

Love that I only drive it at night/weekends. Makes it way more fun. I actually enjoyed my commutes in my Focus. Was the perfect car for that cr@p.
You just equated a Camaro to a Prius in a Camaro enthusiast's forum.....

As for the gas, I like to use as much as possible. Really irks the vegan crowd
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #44
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post

Luckily I work from home and when I go running after work, I see the bumper to bumper traffic on the freeways travelling east. See all these nice fast cars crawling for miles. Might as well be in a Prius.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #45
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This may be correct numerically
Oh, it is.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #46
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Luckily I work from home and when I go running after work, I see the bumper to bumper traffic on the freeways travelling east. See all these nice fast cars crawling for miles. Might as well be in a Prius.
I'd honestly rather be in a '66 GTO Tri-power 389, but they don't have air conditioning
Old 10-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #47
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:

That's cool. When you get into your 20's your priorities might change...
Old 10-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #48
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Ah yes, millennials lol
Old 10-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #49
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
I'd honestly rather be in a '66 GTO Tri-power 389, but they don't have air conditioning
thats weird.my buddy has a 66 GTO,triple black matching #s car with air.i cant believe he would install air on his car if it wasnt OE.he did deck the block and do some machine work but its the original block,starter,etc.i forgot to mention my last V8 daily driver was a 66 tempest,400 built by my buddy who used to run a restoration shop until he became disabled,headers,judge intake and carb,modded turbo 400.it would suck down 80 bucks with of premium a week if you didnt go too far.on a 220 mile round trip highway only you would burn a little over 21 gallons if you didnt race anyone.yeah,i like my camaro RS,wouldnt trade it for an SS.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #50
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
I'm in my fifties and I like burning gas and irritating Vegans too.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #51
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
thats weird.my buddy has a 66 GTO,triple black matching #s car with air.i cant believe he would install air on his car if it wasnt OE.he did deck the block and do some machine work but its the original block,starter,etc.i forgot to mention my last V8 daily driver was a 66 tempest,400 built by my buddy who used to run a restoration shop until he became disabled,headers,judge intake and carb,modded turbo 400.it would suck down 80 bucks with of premium a week if you didnt go too far.on a 220 mile round trip highway only you would burn a little over 21 gallons if you didnt race anyone.yeah,i like my camaro RS,wouldnt trade it for an SS.
Yeah it actually was but it’s a VERY rare option. Adds about 20% to the value of the car if it has the factory Fridgidaire air conditioning. You can check if it’s factory or aftermarket by simply looking under the hood at the compressor. If it’s a big, heavy, black compressor with “Frigidaire” on the label it’s a genuine factory A/C GTO.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #52
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
455335 / (455+335) /2 x 100% = 30.37974683544304%
Correction ..50% more power/tq.

278 vs. 455 Tq.
48.2947% difference

MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #53
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
That's great. If sitting in stop/go and your basic commute is your idea of fun driving in a Camaro, go for it. Just using up gas in a V8 that's travelling at the same speeds as a Prius. Not to mention, I'd get so bored of a car like a Camaro if I had to slog a commute in it.

Love that I only drive it at night/weekends. Makes it way more fun. I actually enjoyed my commutes in my Focus. Was the perfect car for that cr@p.
When I was driving in SD a few years back, I was being passed up by those Priuses. Of course, I was unfamiliar with the area and didn't want to get lost.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #54
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Correction ..50% more power/tq.

278 vs. 455 Tq.
48.2947% difference

The V6 (the cited automobile) produces 335 horsepower per Chevrolet's website. Torque was never mentioned in the cited post. Changing the rules in the middle of the game is not accepted.

I have no choice but to correct your correction.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:36 PM   #55
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
This is what I was thinking.

Unless your commute involves backroads with no traffic and a few laps around the track maybe it's a better idea to recalibrate your brain and what you expect out of your car? Don't give AF about traffic and just listen to music or podcasts in a comfortable car that costs very little to own.

Here's the deal... with the mileage you put on the car it's very likely a small commuter car will pay for it's self vs a V8 Camaro. So it may actually be cheaper to buy a Camaro for occasional use + have a small commuter car. You can often find really good lease deals that would cost less than the difference in gas you'd pay for a V8 Camaro.

I don't get driving any nice car if you have to commute. It's usually a traffic filled slog that's not going to be awesome in any car. IMO it's easier and less stressful in a smaller car you don't care that much about. Commuting in a Camaro would suck. It's big, it's a PITA to park because the doors are long AF and the car is wide.

I'm glad I work from home!

I don’t drive much at night and on weekends we take family car (Nissan armada).
95% of this car being driven would be to my work and back. To get the joy I seek, it doesn’t make much sense to buy a car I love only to drive something else most of the time.

Sure, what I am planning to do may not be the most financially logic thing. However, owning a camaro in itself isn’t a logical financial thing. It’s the enjoyment we seek.

I mentioned the financial aspect mostly to gain opinions from the commuters and their enjoyment. I didn’t want to spark a debate on financially what I should do, because only I know that answer 😉
Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #56
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Sure, what I am planning to do may not be the most financially logic thing. However, owning a camaro in itself isn’t a logical financial thing. It’s the enjoyment we seek.

I mentioned the financial aspect mostly to gain opinions from the commuters and their enjoyment. I didn’t want to spark a debate on financially what I should do, because only I know that answer 😉
As the old sayings go: You only live once, and you can’t take it with you