#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #113
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
411 gears in a v6? Better research that because I think I recall a thread about what gears would fit in a v6 rear. And it wasn't 411s. You may have an SS rear end. But Im not 100% sure.
If I recall correctly, the diff case for the manual V6 is the same size as the SS. But the auto has a smaller, less HD case which limits the gear upgrades available.

But like said above, maybe a diff swap took place.

Hey 152LTRockin, to properly display pictures from a computer, go to 'Go Advanced', then click on the Paper CLip icons and click that. Select 'Choose File' for each picture you want to post, then click Upload. Once uploaded, scroll down and click 'Close this window'.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #114
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
It just kills you v8 guys don't it, come on admit it this little tiny v6 will stay with v8 cars and its bugs the crap outta you guys that spent all that money on v8 cars. Everyone knows this I'm just getting it out in the open.

Now I'm not posting up ANY more replies to anyone who is negative. Sorry but lifes too short and I need to have my cake and eat it too on regular fuel.
Have a nice day

What lol? I’ve had both a v6 and v8 in my garage. But whatever makes you feel better. When you want to line up let me know

Quote:
Mine is so responsive all it takes is a very light touch on the pedal and its still always over the speed limit. I was in traffic this morning stopped at a light and a 2 fancy identical exotic sports cars pulled along side me revving their engines. I'm not sure what they were never seen anything quite like them but they were nice. It cool that even they know our Camaros are packin heat under the hood ..... HEEEEE

I'm gonna get hood stripes that go on the sides of raised parts of the hood that says DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT PACKIN HEAT!
Oh shit, I take it back. I wish I never thought about it
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #115
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
It just kills you v8 guys don't it, come on admit it this little tiny v6 will stay with v8 cars and its bugs the crap outta you guys that spent all that money on v8 cars. Everyone knows this I'm just getting it out in the open.

Now I'm not posting up ANY more replies to anyone who is negative. Sorry but lifes too short and I need to have my cake and eat it too on regular fuel.
Have a nice day
You just said it was tuned for premium, bet it runs like crap on 87... SMH
Old 05-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #116
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:

Have a nice day
Nope I’m still alive I could care less how fast or slow you think your car is sorry...
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 05-03-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #117
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:

Have a nice day
LMFAO! Yep you got me, no hiding the fact that I'm now curled up in my closet and I'm a complete and utter mess now mentally.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #118
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You just said it was tuned for premium, bet it runs like crap on 87... SMH
If it is tuned for premium but you are running it on 87 octane, you had better talk to that tuner again and make sure that it was tuned to leave the low octane fuel tables in place, otherwise you will not have that engine for long. I suggest running premium only.

I am not trying to rag on you 152LTRockin, just trying to help here. There are a LOT of very knowledgeable guys here when it comes to this platform and some of what you have claimed throws up some red flags. This car also tends to bring out the ALPHA in some of us, so there are more than a few of us that have no issue 'Telling it like it is', even if it isn't.

Let me say this though...This site is an absolutely invaluable resource and making friends here will only benefit you when it comes to this car. Just keep that in mind. Also, there is an ignore feature if you decide to use it.

I have nothing to gain or lose with this, so I have no issue with just chalking this up to you just being a positive guy that is absolutely thrilled with his new ride.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #119
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
I can't hear it pinging but I notice when its cool out side it really runs hard and that dam tip in hesitation goes away. I know its pulling timing when its warm out.

I'll tell you one thing I never expected

I post up about probably tHE QUICKEST car I ever owned AND OWNED ALOT OF NASTY CARs. Everyone goes bat sheet trying to convince me I'm wrong. Well let me tell ya all something...............I don't care what you think, Its my world you're just livin in it. Maybe one day you'll get lucky and stumble onto something this sweet. Until then try to be nice to others not jealous. I mean really anyone who reads these posts can see it as clear as my posts. Thank You anyone who posted up nice things, I appreciate them. Our lives have too much negativity in them.

This Camaro makes me smile every time I start it , I have to chuckle as I drive it. Someone knew their sheet and the guy up above let me rent it for a while.

Be happy for others good fortune!
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #120
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
If it is tuned for premium but you are running it on 87 octane, you had better talk to that tuner again and make sure that it was tuned to leave the low octane fuel tables in place, otherwise you will not have that engine for long. I suggest running premium only.

I am not trying to rag on you 152LTRockin, just trying to help here. There are a LOT of very knowledgeable guys here when it comes to this platform and some of what you have claimed throws up some red flags. This car also tends to bring out the ALPHA in some of us, so there are more than a few of us that have no issue 'Telling it like it is', even if it isn't.

Let me say this though...This site is an absolutely invaluable resource and making friends here will only benefit you when it comes to this car. Just keep that in mind. Also, there is an ignore feature if you decide to use it.

I have nothing to gain or lose with this, so I have no issue with just chalking this up to you just being a positive guy that is absolutely thrilled with his new ride.
Tuner says the way its tuned it will be ok using low octane fuel but if I use premium it will slowly adapt to that. He told me its constantly trying to add timing and adapts to what fuel you are using. I can tell its pulling ALOT of timing at times because it just falls dead on its face when its hot weather in traffic tipping in. From a dead stop it doesn't seem to do it as bad but you can feel its slowly adding timing. I'm not new to this stuff but I am a complete virgin to these Gen5 Camaros. I appreciate your posts.

This is my 1st direct injected engine so I have no idea what to expect. The throttle response on this car is truly amazing when its cool outside. I should hook up my scanner and look at the timing, knock retard etc but I've been very busy and she wants her car everyday. I wanted to take pictures dew days ago and the dam batteries in both cameras were dead AND she bought the cheapest Rayocrap batteries that for some reason the cameras refuse to turn on with them installed.

If you guys think I'm running you all sorry, I'm not. I owned a fire breathing 55 Chevy with big block out of 70ss Chevelle LS6 close ratio 4 speed with 4:11's. As nasty azz crazy all out tire fryin upside nuts that 55 was this Camaro would eat it alive 0-75.....sorry but its the truth. If you don't believe me TOO BAD!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #121
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Its not that this Camaro is a fire breathing HP car, its just so QUICK 0-75. It doesn't burn the tires although they are massive 275's it just takes off and moves like nothing I've ever driven. It very innocent till you mash that pedal. The looks I get are priceless.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #122
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Stock LFX tune is tuned for 28 degrees of timing as a base in the high octane table, and there are no modifiers for IAT spark removal in the stock tune.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:15 PM   #123
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:

I'm gonna get hood stripes that go on the sides of raised parts of the hood that says DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT PACKIN HEAT!

You should definitely do that.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #124
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

I'm honestly not getting the whole v6 vs v8 but what ever. Took a little road trip today 200miles, used less than a half a tank of fuel. Drove it like it was stolen. Funny thing about this car it seems to get the same fuel mileage local or highway. Kinda odd, most of today was highway and it only got 25, same as local driving.

Now ya all might think that's decent mileage but back in 89 our RS Camaro 305 TBI on the same trip got 32mpg. But it only had 200hp BUT it didn't shift every other minute either. Betcha this trans shifts 5 million times every time you drive it.

Had sneaky cop following me a few cars back through a small town, I didn't see him till I turned onto the interstate. Luckily I was coolin it all the way.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #125
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

I'm with you on this some tuners make the high octane and low octane tables the same apparently and if that were the case and 87 was being run I agree it could end very badly. My car is tuned for 94 and that's the only thing it gets. When I went on a trip last year where I knew only 91 was available I loaded the 91 octane tune to be safe even though Dynosteve said the 94 tune would be fine with 91 octane as long as I didn't go WOT. I didn't trust myself LOL.

OP have the tuner verify the octane tables if you haven't yet.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #126
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
I'm honestly not getting the whole v6 vs v8 but what ever. Took a little road trip today 200miles, used less than a half a tank of fuel. Drove it like it was stolen. Funny thing about this car it seems to get the same fuel mileage local or highway. Kinda odd, most of today was highway and it only got 25, same as local driving.

Now ya all might think that's decent mileage but back in 89 our RS Camaro 305 TBI on the same trip got 32mpg. But it only had 200hp BUT it didn't shift every other minute either. Betcha this trans shifts 5 million times every time you drive it.

Had sneaky cop following me a few cars back through a small town, I didn't see him till I turned onto the interstate. Luckily I was coolin it all the way.

There really isn't a whole v6 vs v8 thing here. Usually its somebody from either camp that makes a snotty comment often times unprovoked and things degrade from there. I also think too many responses are taken the wrong way and somebody gets butthurt. Just my opinion mind you. Other than that I really don't give a f@$k what anybody drives I bought the car I wanted & enjoy sharing conversations with like minded folks. And I 've learned a ton in the process by participating.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote