Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #43
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
interesting you should say that,we dont get many cold days in florida.maybe thats why my car doesnt feel harsh?
You are also accustom to the ride. Another thing you can add to it are the roads. The roads here in Florida are much smoother than those of up north. To get a good feel of the ride, find yourself an old brick road and see how that feels.

The ride on my Sedan is even more harsh than the Camaro. It has the Zeta2 chassis, and feels like my ZL1 in track mode. I do kind of like that feel though...
Old 05-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #44
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
It was warm today and I notice more than anything I believe the frt suspension bottoms out ALOT. This really makes the car feel nasty. The rear isn't too bad. The roads here in PA are a disaster, probably the worst in the country.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #45
LuSINda

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
above I notice its always the v8 owner that seem to have a problem with a v6 car performing well....hmmm could it be...........well you know...............
I see a V/6 owner complaining about the performance of a V/6. I also see relevant suggestions (by V/8 owners) as to what the problem may be. Besides, any of the V/8 variants is going to exhibit better performance. Sometimes the truth hurts

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS
LuSINda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #46
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSINda View Post
I see a V/6 owner complaining about the performance of a V/6. I also see relevant suggestions (by V/8 owners) as to what the problem may be. Besides, any of the V/8 variants is going to exhibit better performance. Sometimes the truth hurts
No your wrong, we are too stupid to understand that we need to sell our v8s so we can buy 6’s. Sure they have only a few ponies less than the ls1 4th gen cars. I have no doubt they are quick for what they are and I have nothing against v6 camaros or there owners. However, if I wanted a V6 I would have got a V6. I don’t regret the SS nor do I have any desire at all to trade it. I paid extra for what I wanted, again I have 0 regrets and NO. I’m not jealous of, or threatened by your V6. Sorry.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #47
LuSINda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
above I notice its always the v8 owner that seem to have a problem with a v6 car performing well....hmmm could it be...........well you know...............
^^^^^^

Aqua Blue SS/RS - Above is what I was referring to.
BTW I'm one of the stupid ones that bought a '10 2SS/RS also.

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS
Old 05-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #48
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSINda View Post
^^^^^^

Aqua Blue SS/RS - Above is what I was referring to.
BTW I'm one of the stupid ones that bought a '10 2SS/RS also.
I knew what you drive based on your avatar an also what you were referring too. When I said you were wrong that was 100% sarcasm toward the op. Sorry it didn’t quite carry through in the post. Nice V8 ‘maro you’ve got there!
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 05-05-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #49
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
I aired down the tires to 34 hot frt 32hot rear, much better ride like this. These Goodyear Sports are very stiff.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #50
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I never run below 36 and find 37 more to my liking it makes the car feel a bit more responsive on turns with a little more PSI. But everyone has their preferences of course too. Car can be very comfy on a smooth road but is kind of harsh on poor pavement that's for sure.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:53 PM   #51
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
You want stiff, I drove into a friend's driveway and my Camaro became a tripod.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:52 AM   #52
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I knew what you drive based on your avatar an also what you were referring too. When I said you were wrong that was 100% sarcasm. Sorry it didn’t quite carry through in the post. Nice V8 ‘maro you’ve got there!
Why qualify it as a nice "V8" Camaro? Are there no nice "V6" Camaros? Man, you V8 guys crack me up.

Don't be jealous of us V6er's. We might not be as fast stock, but we get to drive around in the same beautiful body style that you guys do. And, you know what? We love our cars too.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #53
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Why qualify it as a nice "V8" Camaro? Are there no nice "V6" Camaros? Man, you V8 guys crack me up.

Don't be jealous of us V6er's. We might not be as fast stock, but we get to drive around in the same beautiful body style that you guys do. And, you know what? We love our cars too.
Everybody loves there cars that are here.... We say nice "SS" or "V8 Camaro" because 90% are V6 or Turbo 4. I personally dont have an ego problem and dont care who has what, but I dont think anyone else previously posted has either.

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #54
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:

Can you do a burnout on the freeway doing 80 mph?
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #55
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:

I see you read my first post on this page quite attentively.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #56
LuSINda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I knew what you drive based on your avatar an also what you were referring too. When I said you were wrong that was 100% sarcasm toward the op. Sorry it didn’t quite carry through in the post. Nice V8 ‘maro you’ve got there!

My sarcasm alert must be on the blink.
Thanks for the comment about the car. I'm sure you get a lot of double takes when you're out cruisin'.

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS