Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #15
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I have Volkswagen drivers.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #16
rspitler

Drives: 2017 SS Convertible
I'd be careful with the car wash. I have a 2017 Cadillac XT5 also. I had, key word, had one of those subscriptions at a local franchised car wash. After a few months I noticed the clear coat coming off the wheels. I brought it up to the manager of the car wash and he informed me that they use a very aggressive wheel cleaner and they don't take into consideration the various types of wheel finishes. They're looking to get the brake dust off. Period. And they are not responsible for damages. So I ended up taking it to Cadillac and they replaced all four wheels. Needless to say, I cancelled my subscription and haven't been back since.
rspitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #17
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Which one did you get? I’ve been looking for a good one for my car.
I got the Vantrue V2 pro duel dash camera. It’s a bit pricy but it saved my rear a couple times!
https://www.amazon.com/N2-Pro-Infrar.../dp/B0742J69SQ
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #18
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
I'd be careful with the car wash. I have a 2017 Cadillac XT5 also. I had, key word, had one of those subscriptions at a local franchised car wash. After a few months I noticed the clear coat coming off the wheels. I brought it up to the manager of the car wash and he informed me that they use a very aggressive wheel cleaner and they don't take into consideration the various types of wheel finishes. They're looking to get the brake dust off. Period. And they are not responsible for damages. So I ended up taking it to Cadillac and they replaced all four wheels. Needless to say, I cancelled my subscription and haven't been back since.
I get a new customer weekly who says exactly this. Those monthly subscriptions trash the paint. I could show you pictures that would blow your mind...At first I thought the fast freddy monthly subscription place that opened in my town would hurt business. One year later, I am getting customers who are realizing that frequent washes with recycled water and sub standard produxts are destroying their paint.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #19
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Shudda given that POS VW a mule kick and driven away. While sitting in my car waiting on my wife some big fat ass woman parks right next to me. Before I could drive away, WHAM. She smacks her door against my car. Not once but three times. I roll down the window and say "what the f lady". She looks at me and says "f off". After she walked away, I got out and kicked the f outta her car and keyed f off on her door. Did I feel bad? Not one bit.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #20
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
You're saying it's just 200$... But imagine that girl is living on a tight budget, waiting for the next paycheck... Yes you can afford it, maybe not her. And she was pregnant, maybe she has some other stuff to pay for that she can't afford and that she will really need.

Not saying she was right and that she reacted properly, but sometimes you have to put yourself in the other person's shoes...

I would have been mad too, don't worry.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #21
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Good man. I wash mine every week at the minimum in the winter. I’m sure you guys get more snow than I do, but, still. Cars are better made for rust protection but still you have to wash them.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #22
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
You're saying it's just 200$... But imagine that girl is living on a tight budget, waiting for the next paycheck... Yes you can afford it, maybe not her. And she was pregnant, maybe she has some other stuff to pay for that she can't afford and that she will really need.

Not saying she was right and that she reacted properly, but sometimes you have to put yourself in the other person's shoes...

I would have been mad too, don't worry.
No offense but this is apologist bullshit. It's not his problem that she chose to:
  • Deliberately park next to him when it was clear he was trying to make some space.
  • Deny damage that was obviously the fault of her carelessness and called him an asshole.
  • Get pregnant if she can't afford to fix $200 worth of damage she caused.

Someone damages my property I couldn't care less what their circumstances are if they act like that when calmly confronted about it. Give me a break.

OP, I'm sorry you had to deal with that frustration but I admire your restraint.
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #23
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper_HWK View Post
Doesn't all that machine washing swirl your paint to shit?
Nope. Mostly touchless wash, with a few cloth streamers that drape down from above. No spinning brushes.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #24
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post
No offense but this is apologist bullshit. It's not his problem that she chose to:
  • Deliberately park next to him when it was clear he was trying to make some space.
  • Deny damage that was obviously the fault of her carelessness and called him an asshole.

Someone damages my property I couldn't care less what their circumstances are if they act like that when calmly confronted about it. Give me a break.

OP, I'm sorry you had to deal with that frustration but I admire your restraint.
+1. If someone could careless about my property I’d careless about them. Im not an asshole like that sounded because I’m one of the nicest people and eaisest to get along with, I once chipped the paint on a car in high school and I gave them the money to fix it because I felt bad and it was all the money I had back then.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #25
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I get a new customer weekly who says exactly this. Those monthly subscriptions trash the paint. I could show you pictures that would blow your mind...At first I thought the fast freddy monthly subscription place that opened in my town would hurt business. One year later, I am getting customers who are realizing that frequent washes with recycled water and sub standard produxts are destroying their paint.
The wash I use is a quality wash that I've been using for years. I guess I'm lucky to have that up here.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #26
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
Shudda given that POS VW a mule kick and driven away. While sitting in my car waiting on my wife some big fat ass woman parks right next to me. Before I could drive away, WHAM. She smacks her door against my car. Not once but three times. I roll down the window and say "what the f lady". She looks at me and says "f off". After she walked away, I got out and kicked the f outta her car and keyed f off on her door. Did I feel bad? Not one bit.
I decided to tread lightly in the moment. Last thing I needed was the cops to show up to find me abusing the car of some innocent pregnant lady.

I've got the plate number ingrained in my mind.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #27
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post

Restraint isn't in my nature, but thankfully I had it yesterday. And I feel the way you do: it isn't my problem that she chose to park next to me, chose to be careless, and is pregnant. It isn't like I was going to harass her for the money, even. I'm not an animal. If she had been honest and apologetic about the situation I would have walked away.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #28
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
That pregnant lady has a pair of brass balls, lol