Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #15
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
It will more than likely exceed the limit, but only you, and the cops in your area, can decide if that matters. Just do it and save the stock stuff. If you get busted, pay your fine, put the stock stuff back on and move on.

Silly suggestion time... Have you tried cruising with the back seat down? That adds a bit of volume in the car and might be just enough for you. Plus it's free to try.
Not to worried about local pd, there pretty cool. It’s highway patrol that’s specifically targeting people.. and then it’s not a correctable ticket, straight to state ref. Around $1000 after all fees to go to state ref also... and then yea I think I tried putting the seat down once but wasn’t too noticeable.. also have 2 kids so need the backseat a lot. Thanks for the suggestion tho, maybe I’ll try it again
Dvs510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #16
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoline_Farts View Post
It absolutely could. Look at flowmaster scavenger x mid pipes. They bolt to secondary cats and attach to muffler (would need to weld to npp).

Sound waves travel by bouncing off the walls of the tube, any change in diameter will alter the frequency and affect how you perceive the sound. I.e it would sound different.

Not to mention that both borla and FM eliminate those massive kinks at the rear axle and that must have an affect on sound and maybe even power too.
Please share some sound clips showing the difference between a stock system and one that have only had piping replaced.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #17
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvs510 View Post
Not to worried about local pd, there pretty cool. It’s highway patrol that’s specifically targeting people.. and then it’s not a correctable ticket, straight to state ref. Around $1000 after all fees to go to state ref also... and then yea I think I tried putting the seat down once but wasn’t too noticeable.. also have 2 kids so need the backseat a lot. Thanks for the suggestion tho, maybe I’ll try it again
I understand the laws, I am also in CA. I also understand it is not $1000 and having loud exhaust is not an automatic trip to the state ref.

Part of doing illegal stuff is being willing to pay the ticket if caught. It is no different than speeding. If you are not willing to pay the fine for your choice, then stick with the stock stuff and live worry free.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #18
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvs510 View Post
So u don’t think the 60606 full secondary delete with mid will b too loud for California’s bs 95 dB law? I don’t drive like an a**hole so I figured that would help. Just want it to sound a lil better under normal circumstances

I doubt it. Stainless works says their axle back, which seems loud is 96 db and as I said, there isn't that much difference with the borla midpipe, but just enough to make you want more.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #19
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
I understand the laws, I am also in CA. I also understand it is not $1000 and having loud exhaust is not an automatic trip to the state ref.

Part of doing illegal stuff is being willing to pay the ticket if caught. It is no different than speeding. If you are not willing to pay the fine for your choice, then stick with the stock stuff and live worry free.
Reviving an old thread.
Exhaust is a trip to state ref and can be 1k in fines in CA.

We ready need to get rid of this law
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #20
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
Reviving an old thread.
Exhaust is a trip to state ref and can be 1k in fines in CA.

We ready need to get rid of this law
Not anymore.. they switched it back to “fix it” last I heard
Dvs510 is offline   Reply With Quote