Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #15
philpacs

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10
I daily my A10 ZL1 and it's great. It'll cruise along quietly or louder, huge power when you want to smile, isn't that bad on gas for normal highway driving, fine going to Costco etc. A little hard to park but you get used to it.

As far as the wife, I told my wife two choices. Whatever the second choice is make it worse than the ZL1 so you have to settle with it, meanwhile that's what you really wanted anyway, so you look like the good guy getting the ZL1.
philpacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #16
2ltrgsr
AXLERODZL1

Drives: 2019 Riverside blue ZL1 Camaro
Life is short ...enjoy what you have while you have it.
If you want a ZL1 and you have no issues affording it then go for it.

Trust me you won't be disappointed. I lost a good friend of mine who was the same age(33) last December. He talked about getting a Z06 for awhile but never got around to it. I wanted the ZL1 but kept bullshitting around....after he passed I said to myself I would enjoy life no matter what.
103 TB
Lingenfelter Lower Pulley(9.17)
1 7/8 ARH headers and Exhaust
Meth injection(single nozzle)

733whp/788tq
2ltrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Heated steering wheel. That and don’t say it’s a race car.
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #18
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
I didn't have to convince mine of shit, I make the money and she stays home. Told her what we where doing, she was excited, and we flew to the dealership and drove it 700 miles home and had a great trip.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #19
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Couple of questions out of curiosity...

How did you convince your wife to let you buy a 70k race car?

Is a ZL1 overkill for someone who would drive it MAYBE once a week? This is a car that I would plan to keep for a very long time. I'm not poor by any means but unlike some of you here I can't buy a new 70k car every 2 years lol.

I won't mod it at all, just drive it. ZL 1LE would be a huge waste of money, yes?

For those who don't mod it or track it, was it worth it to you?

I just love ZL1's and it's always been my dream for 7 years now, i'm 33 now. I have a company vehicle so it just seems theres no better time than now to just garage a beautiful sports car. thoughts?
I use mine exactly as you'e explained. Bought it in Jan of 18 and only has 1600 miles on her. It's not that she a total garage queen but between work and life in general just not much time to enjoy her, plus I have a couple other toys. She's there when I want her and don't regret the purchase in the least.
If you want the ZLE get it, there are deals out there.
As far as the wife goes, she doesn't care what I do as long as it doesn't affect the household and same goes for her.
Enjoy life while you can.......
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #20
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
I got a great wife but me telling her I need new tires on a new car has been a good conversation this weekend.
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #21
Outahand

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Ordered it and told her when it was on the way...……
87 Grand National. Stock
65 Olds Vista Cruiser wagon Grand National motor/tran
66 Bronco Rockbuggy
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins 6 speed
Outahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #22
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
First off there really isnt a real way to make a case this car is needed, or practical for that matter. Sometimes you just want , what you want. First time I saw this car online before it was released, I knew that was it.

Life is too short. And my wife know this.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #23
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
If you can afford it because you have worked hard and sacrificed, if you have helped provide a safe, healthy and loving family environment, if she understands it would make you happy in those spare moments that belong to you, the decision should be a no brainer. The fact that you care enough about her reaction is a positive reflection about you. Buy whatever you like, you have earned it. Sincerely, Dr. Phil
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #24
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philpacs View Post
I daily my A10 ZL1 and it's great. It'll cruise along quietly or louder, huge power when you want to smile, isn't that bad on gas for normal highway driving, fine going to Costco etc. A little hard to park but you get used to it.

As far as the wife, I told my wife two choices. Whatever the second choice is make it worse than the ZL1 so you have to settle with it, meanwhile that's what you really wanted anyway, so you look like the good guy getting the ZL1.
I must say....the two choices thing is an interesting tactic
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #25
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
I got a great wife but me telling her I need new tires on a new car has been a good conversation this weekend.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Well the fact that you respect her enough that you consider her feelings when purchasing something as expensive as a ZL1 and not a necessity says a lot. You're a good dude. But I would suggest that the best way to convince her is to explain how much you want a ZL1 and how much it would mean to have one. Sit down and go over your finances with her. And try to come up with an amicably reasonable compromise if that's what it takes.

As far as your other questions...

It is not overkill for driving it only once a week. The ZL1 is like the hott chick you've always wanted to bang but you can only hit that once a week. Is it overkill? Should you perhaps just settle for banging an ugly chick every day? LOL!! Get the ZLE if you can afford it. And if she lets you, lol!!

The ZL1 is the perfect car if you have no plans to mod it. I think this car is soo fast that I would have to convince myself, I mean REALLY convince myself, to do any mods. I think it is perfect and I am happy with it as it is. I think once you drive it you will see how amazing it is. And who know...maybe in the future you just might mod it.

I went to the track several times. But even if I didn't it would still be worth it. It is a phenomenal car. And I think it is the absolute undisputed king amongst any car in the same price range.

Enjoy!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #27
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
All it really took was a test drive... but then my wife isn't typical.

The only thing that has irritated her is that we haven't had the ZL1 on the track yet.

It does help that the ZL1 is her DD...

Most of the 'convincing' had to do with our last GM (C6 'Vette) being a total POS.

There's some good advice in this thread, but if you can afford the car, and there's still a problem over it, you may have some evaluating to do.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #28
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Wow! Lol I did not expect such a huge response so fast! I was at captain marvel if anyone is interested, it was great. I told my wife I posted here and brought it up, she said to ask you to donate to my ZL1 fund since we’re all friends now lol. She thinks the “I work and make money so I can have what I want” is such a man thing to say. She retorted with “when I can have a G wagon you can have a ZL1.” I told her sure when you can afford the payment on your salary and pay the mortgage I’m fine with that! I think she’ll eventually accept I’ll always buy what I want! Haha! I noticed a few mentioned used, any worries with used? There’s 3 in Colorado under 3K miles for 58ish.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote