Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-08-2019, 11:09 PM   #29
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Oldman only listed the SS so I hadn't looked at the Zl1 list. Great pass for sure but didn't see that on the Zl1 fast list either. He should post it.
There are so many cars out there not on the list that could be. Most don't go to forums anymore and are strictly social media.

For example the fastest bone stock SS A8 is actually 11.78 @ 118 but it's posted on FB not here.

That is also not the only Whipple ZL1 in the 9's. There are a few of them out there.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:07 AM   #30
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
The first two are F1 blowers...different class entirely. So, you are saying the Maggies are faster than everything other than the F1. Got it. That's not what you had posted. In fact, you said the Maggies would get more early but " it will not be faster street, autoX or road race, but the power is more instant."

That is clearly fallacious since all of the top times you mentioned were either Maggies or F1's.

Pray may have one to add and same with Mike. But, going off what has been posted...my point is that your statement is completely wrong.

Now, I have owned multiple Prochargers so this was in no way a rip on the Procharger. But I really, really hate it when people with absolutely no real standing make statements like that.

Prochargers work, no doubt about it. But if you are comparing base kit to base kit running let's say under 600whp. Good luck with that. I know because I was getting smashed with my P1 all day long by mustang guys running the PD blowers. I eventually got things worked out so I could be really competitive. . .but to act like the PD blowers are never faster...well, like I said, the Fast list speaks for itself.

In my opinion, taking a F1 blower running NOS is NOT the comparison anyone here was talking about. But when you say, "1 and 2 are Prochargers" please be honest and admit they are F1's running NOS. Which isn’t even close to an apples to apples comparison.

In the top 5 what You just said: 2 F1’s and 3 Maggie’s. That is my point. Mic dropped...good day.
Actually I continue to say that on street tires the Maggie has ZERO advantage over ANY other setup, including the stock ZL1. If you want to pretend that the Maggie dominates some small carve out, that is completely up to you. I on the other hand know that it is a cubic dollar debate and what is a street car.

Also, the Procharger has had the D1x, easy to order for more than a year, and it is good to 1000 hp. The Maggie “base kit”, if you want to go there does not even have an intercooler. So let’s compare base then....

I see you are back to your personal Attaks about real standing. So childish....

Let’s look at your deeply flawed logic, there are some fast Maggie full race prep with drag pack and this proves Oldman’s statement about the Maggie not being faster on the street, auto x and / or road races as wrong. Where did you learn logic from? The fast list indeed backs up what I posted for street tire, it is whipple and then stone stock zL1s. Meaning all combos can put out more than normal street tires can hook and at that point it is luck, DA, track prep, torque nannies, and driver’s skill. Not what blower is sitting under the hood, hence my statement that the Maggie is not faster in the three performance categories listed.

You on the hand clearly are insistent that there is some pretend dominance of Maggie powered cars in the 1/4 mile and this somehow means it is the only solution to all performance cattagories... Near laughable as in all categories listed or talked about, there is NO Maggie on top. 1/4 mile ..nope there are two Procharger, street tire a whipple and then a host of zl1s. We both know there are no Maggies at the autoX or road race right? I have seen a few prochargers...BTW.

Back to the suggested fast list and sure enough: there are two procharger ON THE top.. so cry me river. I don’t think the fast list has anything as in NOTHING to do with a fast street car, that may once in a blue moon show up at the race tracks, probably with street tires, pump gas and the GF.

Last I checked the F1 was made by Procharger and yep I’ve seen them on the street too.. Are you saying that these race gas, drag pack cars can only be considered to be street cars if they run only the “street” base kit blowers? You really have a problem with cars clearly faster than your ride or build. LOL. You should get that checked.

So you got beat in your Procharger whatever by some Mustang and now think that only Maggie powered 6th gens are the only combo that has any creds! Hey, unlike you, I have no comment on what a full prep car on drag pack and race fuel will win or dominate, I think it is the setup with the most money, but you are pretty insistent that it is a Maggie, yet offer no proof, race, street, autoX or road race. I on the other hand see no clear dominance, other than money.

If I were to be asked about clean slate design: twin turbo cut into the fenderwell, turbo 400, trans brake, Dana solid axle, twin inject, lots of money, and a tow rig....but you can go and pretend that a water PD designed for a passenger car (sub optimal in every way) is somehow ever going to dominate the door slammer 1/4 mile list. Unlike you, I’m completely uninterested in the fastest door slammer, and have noted time and again these builds are meaningless to a daily driver on pump fuel and normal performance tires.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 01-09-2019 at 02:26 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:05 AM   #31
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
King you are right, I agree there are many that don't post and not running down anyones whipple. They are fast I only went by oldmans post. I wish more would post but that's up to the owner. Its all good.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #32
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I have been 9.70's with a P1X in a full weight 2SS in +2,500 DA. So they work.
Pray, I never said they didn't. In fact, I know they work because I ran a P1 and a D1 and for sure my D1 was faster than my current setup. Same power level on a much lighter car.

My objection was to the illogical statement that Maggies get the jump but will not be faster. The truth is, they are faster sometimes. . .which is what the fast list shows.

I am starting the build on my other LT1 and will be considering both Procharger and Vortech for that kit. So, that's my point. People who know, people who have standing, don't make claims like "not faster on street, strip or autoX."

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #33
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
King you are right, I agree there are many that don't post and not running down anyones whipple. They are fast I only went by oldmans post. I wish more would post but that's up to the owner. Its all good.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #34
oldman

Quote:
People who know, people who have standing, don't make claims like "not faster on street, strip or autoX."

I make no claim on the "strip". If you are to quote me, maybe you should have my actual quote, instead of this fake news. I clearly said"street, autoX and road race." As shown again, the fast list cars with street tire does not list any maggie on top. Since there are NO maggie street tires near the top, one with no dog in the hunt, would say that a Maggie is NOT faster for the three categories I listed (street, autoX and road race). I'm not saying they are slower. Clearly, the type of blower under the hood is not relevant to how fast a street tired car is; despite Maggie proponent claims otherwise.

Yet the Maggie crowed continue to claim the fast list shows maggie dominance. It does not. Ironically it shows that the Procharger is dominated for drag prep cars on the "strip". But I digress.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 01-09-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #35
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
instant power would be a PD, it will not be faster street, autoX or road race, but the power is more instant. I would not run more than 6 PSI on a road race or autoX till you get forged pistons or at least increase the ring gap in the stock piston.
A race gas, drag prep, limited to short burst of HP car has no relationship to a daily driver on street tires. To be insistent on drag prep cars with only a Maggie as the only source of forced induction showing some sort of dominance in these unrelated performace categories: street, autoX and road race is inane.
IMO, the limit of a street tire car’s straight line performance is: track prep (or street conditions), luck, type of street tire, type of transmission, DA, driver’s skill, calibration gremlins, and how streetable the car really is (plus the cubic bucks). It has little to do with what type of supercharger is under the hood.

Last edited by oldman; 01-09-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #36
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I didn't intend for this thread to be an argument between systems. I understand that people have their reasons why they like a certain product. Like I stated before, I really just want the power when I want it. I do understand that there are guys here that race and want whats best for what they want out of the engine. I just really like to have the power when I need it. She is my daily driver and occasional car show. She has been on the track once. I appreciate every ones input and will take it all into consideration. I think I know which route I want to go with.

P1X Black
Stage II Intercooler
Not sure on the Bypass Valve yet
I will be getting her cam installed very soon. As soon I get the Headers and High flow cats on, she will be taking a trip, to a guy I trust, for the motor work.

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #37
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz3069 View Post
I didn't intend for this thread to be an argument between systems. I understand that people have their reasons why they like a certain product. Like I stated before, I really just want the power when I want it. I do understand that there are guys here that race and want whats best for what they want out of the engine. I just really like to have the power when I need it. She is my daily driver and occasional car show. She has been on the track once. I appreciate every ones input and will take it all into consideration. I think I know which route I want to go with.

P1X Black
Stage II Intercooler
Not sure on the Bypass Valve yet
I will be getting her cam installed very soon. As soon I get the Headers and High flow cats on, she will be taking a trip, to a guy I trust, for the motor work.
The P1X is a great system. It seems to be a leading candidate for me also.

Some people feel obliged to spew "knowledge" with no experience. It happens on these types of forums. It's really not worth arguing because they won't hear what is said...just argue.

I had the P1 and D1 previously and loved them. In fact, I am helping my buddy install a Procharger this weekend. . .if he can get the ridiculous Texas Speed headers installed first.

This summer we are planning to get our cars to the same dyno with configs for the same wheel HP. I am going to drop back down to the 700whp configuration and he's gonna come up to 700whp. That way we can do proper comparisons with the different type of blower being the real variable between cars. I already know how this is gonna turn out, so it's gonna be fun for me.

Can't wait to share the results and watch the keyboard ninjas then. We should have some street and strip runs to compare side-by-side. I don't think either one of us could do any justice on a road course.

Depending on the blower I get on my other car, I might try to do some comparisons there too, but my other car is a M7 and it's much lighter, so it won't really be apples to apples. Still it could be fun for sharing in threads like this...

Truthfully, I am bad enough with the manual so the Procharger or the Vortech would almost certainly be a better choice given my driving skills and it should make for an interesting comparison.

Can't wait to see how you like the P1X. Do you mind sharing how you decided P1X vs. P1SC or D1?

TBD performance
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #38
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
The P1X is a great system. It seems to be a leading candidate for me also.

Some people feel obliged to spew "knowledge" with no experience. It happens on these types of forums. It's really not worth arguing because they won't hear what is said...just argue.

I had the P1 and D1 previously and loved them. In fact, I am helping my buddy install a Procharger this weekend. . .if he can get the ridiculous Texas Speed headers installed first.

This summer we are planning to get our cars to the same dyno with configs for the same wheel HP. I am going to drop back down to the 700whp configuration and he's gonna come up to 700whp. That way we can do proper comparisons with the different type of blower being the real variable between cars. I already know how this is gonna turn out, so it's gonna be fun for me.

Can't wait to share the results and watch the keyboard ninjas then. We should have some street and strip runs to compare side-by-side. I don't think either one of us could do any justice on a road course.

Depending on the blower I get on my other car, I might try to do some comparisons there too, but my other car is a M7 and it's much lighter, so it won't really be apples to apples. Still it could be fun for sharing in threads like this...

Truthfully, I am bad enough with the manual so the Procharger or the Vortech would almost certainly be a better choice given my driving skills and it should make for an interesting comparison.

Can't wait to see how you like the P1X. Do you mind sharing how you decided P1X vs. P1SC or D1?
I initially contacted a member on here in regards to his install. He had the P1SC kit. I had ask the usual questions. He told me that if he had to do it over, he would do the P1X system. So to be honest, I have my mind set on that unless someone can tell me different. This member, that i spoke of, now has a complexly different set up in his car. I do not race, been on a road course track once and drag strip once. Not my cup of tea with this car. I just want power when needed. I kinda want a silent blow off valve. Kinda want to keep it a sleeper. I do have SW cat back system installed now. Going to to the SW headers and high flow cats in the next couple of weeks than to my buddies house for the cam and tune. When i get more funds, the ProCharger and new tune.

Mark

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:32 PM   #39
Jfmoore79

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS A8
I just completed the install of a P1X/Stage 2 IC system. I chose the P1X because of the relatively small ($200) increase over the base system and from asking others who did the P1SC. The limits of the P1X are further than I would ever plan to take a car that is primarily a weekend toy with just a few drag session per year. The D1 systems are great but overkill for my needs. I dont have any numbers yet as I am still tuning but so far I am impressed with the ease of install and how driveable the car is.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #40
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Nice choice with the Procharger.
I love my Magnuson kit but I have a 6 speed and traction can be very tricky.
Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the Procharger.
These cars are a blast with boost ��
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #41
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
Nice choice with the Procharger.
I love my Magnuson kit but I have a 6 speed and traction can be very tricky.
Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the Procharger.
These cars are a blast with boost ��
I have gone back and forth on that very issue. With the automatic, I would probably choose the Maggie, Whipple, or LT4 just about every time. However, with the manual...I think if so were going beyond say 600whp, I would probably go with Vortech or Procharger. I do think they are all fun, but have had the Procharger on both auto and manual and thought it was much more enjoyable with the manual. That’s just a personal preference. But I am thinking about options for my stingray which is a manual transmission.

TBD performance
Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #42
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Quote:
I have gone back and forth on that very issue. With the automatic, I would probably choose the Maggie, Whipple, or LT4 just about every time. However, with the manual...I think if so were going beyond say 600whp, I would probably go with Vortech or Procharger. I do think they are all fun, but have had the Procharger on both auto and manual and thought it was much more enjoyable with the manual. That’s just a personal preference. But I am thinking about options for my stingray which is a manual transmission.
Yes the instant boost is fun but not very useable in first or second gears. I also like the fact the Procharger doesn't get heat soaked as badly either.
That C7 is gonna be a lot of fun with the Procharger!
Definitely post your experience and numbers
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops