Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #127
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Congrats on the car!

This reminds me of another must have for the previous post: get a tow hook and a license plate holder from ZL1ADDONS as well. Works great!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #128
RTP

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Hi again!

Stock bolts are fine but whoever does your alignment should know how to do it. Mine was done at a dealer but i benefited from a circle track guy being their alignment guy If you live in Whitby take it to Dave Stevenson, he has a shop in Port Perry and does my regular maintenance. Nobody else touches my car and i have been with Dave for many, many years. Ex crew chief for Grand Am champ and a GM Grand Master Mechanic. His shop is Stevenson Specialty Cars. Book him early as he is very busy. He preps most of track going Vettes...

Havent run with Togue. Usually run with Trillium and other Bimmer clubs (Ottawa and Quebec) plus a few PCA clubs in the States. Also some other folks i know well who put on track events, plus track sponsored events at Shanny and TMP (cheap and tons of seat time).

This car is really this good right out of the box: track alignment and fluids and yer good to go!

You will have bags of fun, regardless of venue - i guarantee it! Cheers!
Ok thanks again for the awesome information. I'll check Dave out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwoman View Post
We might have met once at mosport DDT 1 or 2 years ago with touge. I was in a black SS 1LE. Back then you were still thinking about getting into a 6th gen. If that was you then congrats and sure we'll meet again this year.
There you are! Yup that was me. If I remember correctly, you also came out of an 86, and you didn't drive your SS in the winter. I guess you are taking it out soon? See you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Another must do i forgot about:

Get permanent lift pucks from ZL1addons and ensure anyone hoisting your car uses them properly.
Also deluxe mud flaps are a good idea.
Tons of rubber gets thrown onto quater panel before and above rear wheels as the front tires stick out. So put some protective material there (Xpell etc) or tape it for track use.
Great info, thanks
RTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #129
breadwoman

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP View Post
Ok thanks again for the awesome information. I'll check Dave out.

There you are! Yup that was me. If I remember correctly, you also came out of an 86, and you didn't drive your SS in the winter. I guess you are taking it out soon? See you soon.

Great info, thanks

That's right, I had a FRS prior to the 1LE. Hopefully will bring it out at end of March. I'm so sick of this weather and driving my gf's m235. Waiting to install a set of BC forged with RE71Rs that I got in Nov lol. The wait is driving me nuts.
breadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #130
RTP

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwoman View Post
That's right, I had a FRS prior to the 1LE. Hopefully will bring it out at end of March. I'm so sick of this weather and driving my gf's m235. Waiting to install a set of BC forged with RE71Rs that I got in Nov lol. The wait is driving me nuts.
Yeah I bet. Everyone is just tired of the cold and salt at this point. That sounds like a slick wheel setup, make sure you post a pic when it's out!
RTP is offline   Reply With Quote