Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #15
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
:Lol: To those that notice, yes this is the third thread I have posted this video in.

https://youtu.be/bRiHwSwlSns
Ahhh, thanks.
I did put some Meguiar's ceramic wax yesterday on my Mazda cx-5. Let's see how long it lasts. There's a $5 rebate from Meguiar's. Advance auto has it for $12 after 25% coupon.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecamaro6 View Post
Also appreciate the suggestions on which ceramic coat to use. That's very helpful because there seems to be a lot of ceramic coating brands & types out there, most of which from companies I've never heard of. Good to know which ones I can trust.

If you haven't already figured it out, I am also a complete newbie to ceramic coating. This will be my first time trying it. Anyone know a good guide to follow? I don't want to mess anything up especially since I've been told that ceramic coating is kind of permanent.

Ceramic coatings are semi-permanent. They generally last a couple years. If you want an easy to apply coating, optimum gloss coat is very easy to use, as it self levels.

Paint protection film lasts from 5-10 years.

Whenever your applying multiple layers of protection, you always put the most durable on first.

The most important thing will be how you do your maintenance washing on the car after you put the coating on. Do it right, and your car will stay looking great for a long time, do it wrong, and you'll end up with swirled and scratched paint, or in the coating.

Here are few video's for you.

Optimum gloss coat application.

How to properly wash your car to minimize damage (swirls/scratches) to the paint/coating.

How to remove most all the water from the surface after rinsing all the soap off, this will save you a lot of time when you go to dry your car.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote