Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #15
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I don't care what kind of car guy Jay is,

...if he says the C8 is down on power because it's a pre-production car one more time...
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:59 AM   #16
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I found it very interesting that Tadge confirms that the car reduces peak torque output by around 15 - 20% for the first 500 or so miles. He says it is the first generation to do that.

How many buyers are going to have no idea that is the case? lol.
Another big reason I have been adamant that GM make their performance cars part of a dedicated division. Or at minimum require any salesman who is going to sell Corvettes to go to proper training and pass a test on them, or be ineligible to sell them. Corvette customers are not Traverse customers. Especially with the new Vette. They deserve and require salesmen who know what they're talking about with this car. It really is like nothing GM has ever made before.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:02 AM   #17
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I liked how around the 42:00 minute mark Tadge talked about how Corvette is almost it's own brand and they don't put the big bow ties on it or have it say Chevrolet on it
Pretty sure the Vette has never had the bowtie on it since 1953, and the '67 was the last one to say "Chevrolet" on it on the badge "Corvette by Chevrolet".
Old 11-20-2019, 06:08 AM   #18
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I know Jay reviews all kinds of cars, but isn't he mostly a Ford guy when it comes to his own collection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Don’t think Jay is a ford guy. He has hundreds of cars including several corvettes.
Probably lots of fords too. Must have a GT. He has a lot of really Quirky stuff you have never seen before.
Jay loves all cars, I'm not sure he really has a specific favorite brand. But his favorite story to tell is when he was a kid and went to the dealer with his parents as his Dad was going to order a new '66 Galaxie. His dad went up to go to the bathroom and while he was there he asked the salesman to add the 428 Cobra Jet, unbeknownst to his Dad. Until the day they went to pick it up and his Dad thought they forgot to put the mufflers on at the factory and lit the tires up unknowingly pulling out of the dealer.

Had to be the biggest thrill for Jay. I know if that was me when I was 16 and I had secretly added the biggest motor to my parent's car when they ordered it I'd probably still be smiling about that 20+ years later.

Last edited by Petrol Head; 11-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #19
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I know Jay reviews all kinds of cars, but isn't he mostly a Ford guy when it comes to his own collection?
He’s never dedicated an episode to any 6th gen Camaros but he has every new Mustang variant on his show. He bought a Ford GT (which is overpriced) and in this video he talks a lot about they priced the C8 so affiordably.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #20
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
you do understand how much money jay leno has right? Doubt he worried about price on the ford GT or any car for that matter. Car is worth what someone will pay for it. GT must be worth it considering ppl are paying so much more than MSRP for them
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
There is at least 1 bowtie on it. So thats not completely true. And I Im sure if you lift the hood you will see the "Chevy Performance" plate just like in our camaros.
Tadge's words not mine lol. Yes there is a tiny bow tie on the emblem. His words were we don't put BIG bowties on it and it doesn't say Chevrolet on it. I think when you lift the hood on a corvette it has corvette plastered all over the engine bay but not 100% sure on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Don’t think Jay is a ford guy. He has hundreds of cars including several corvettes.
Probably lots of fords too. Must have a GT. He has a lot of really Quirky stuff you have never seen before.
Jay is a car guy, he loves cars and has enough stupid money to buy whatever the hell he wants and is normally first in line to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenimitated View Post
you do understand how much money jay leno has right? Doubt he worried about price on the ford GT or any car for that matter. Car is worth what someone will pay for it. GT must be worth it considering ppl are paying so much more than MSRP for them
The people that can afford a Ford GT I don't think they car what they pay for it lol. Must be nice to be able to buy a 500,000 car like it's nothing lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #22
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
his favorite story to tell is when he was a kid and went to the dealer with his parents as his Dad was going to order a new '67 Galaxie...
The story is at about the 2:00 mark, but the whole thing is worth watching. A lot of people believe this performance is what swayed executives to pick Jay over Dave to helm The Tonight Show. He had been guest hosting regularly, but really nailed it here. Yes there were other factors, but it was rare for Johnny to openly admit to being impressed.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #23
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Pretty sure the Vette has never had the bowtie on it since 1953, and the '67 was the last one to say "Chevrolet" on it on the badge "Corvette by Chevrolet".
Yea, I agree. I know my C4, C5 and C6 from the past only had Corvette and the Corvette logo on them..

FYI: The Corvette logos do have a Chevy bowtie flag as part of the logo.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #24
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Yea, I agree. I know my C4, C5 and C6 from the past only had Corvette and the Corvette logo on them..

FYI: The Corvette logos do have a Chevy bowtie flag as part of the logo.

Got me on a technicality
Old 11-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #25
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Another big reason I have been adamant that GM make their performance cars part of a dedicated division. Or at minimum require any salesman who is going to sell Corvettes to go to proper training and pass a test on them, or be ineligible to sell them. Corvette customers are not Traverse customers. Especially with the new Vette. They deserve and require salesmen who know what they're talking about with this car. It really is like nothing GM has ever made before.

I'm not quite so sure you have checked out prices on Traverse models lately.

Real easy to be in the same ballpark as Vette customers.....

Dedicated BS will just get us higher prices.

Chevy dealers are actually required to have at least one salesman who has been thru their Corvette training program by the way. My guy who I will be going thru for my 1LE is also one of their Vette salesman.

Besides, shouldn't we be taking about GMs total and apparent lack of advertising for the 6th gen Camaro?
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #26
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:

Bowties never left the corvette...

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27694/...et-corvette-c8
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #27
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
[QUOTE=ctrlz;10664218]The story is at about the 2:00 mark, but the whole thing is worth watching. A lot of people believe this performance is what swayed executives to pick Jay over Dave to helm The Tonight Show. He had been guest hosting regularly, but really nailed it here. Yes there were other factors, but it was rare for Johnny to openly admit to being impressed.
]

I like the time when Jay appeared on David Letterman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 11-20-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: ee
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #28
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
That's why I said Memphis SS got me on a technicality

It's true that every Corvette logo has had the Chevy bowtie embedded into one of the flags, but the bowtie itself has never appeared on the Corvette as a stand alone logo.